The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's an interesting question, who will the Denver Broncos starting quarterback be on opening day, and the last game?
Quinn, Orton, Tebow

Orton all the way through, Quinn as the backup, Tebow will get licks in certain spots (wild horses formation or whatever the name du jour), Brandstater out.

Orton all the way through, Quinn as the backup, Tebow will get licks in certain spots (wild horses formation or whatever the name du jour), Brandstater out.

Cannot keep him at 3rd string, because he could not play then.

Cannot keep him at 3rd string, because he could not play then.

I thought it was the other way around that if the backup plays then the starter is out automatically. Wasn't that the reason why the Eagles made Mike Vick the 3rd and not the backup?

no 3rd string cant come in for just a play until the 4th quarter other wise when he comes in your stuck with him for the game. Tebow should be able to beat Quinn out for #2 so they can use him in the wildcat 4-6 times a game

I thought it was the other way around that if the backup plays then the starter is out automatically. Wasn't that the reason why the Eagles made Mike Vick the 3rd and not the backup?

Backup can play in the NFL. It happens all the time when a guy gets dinged. 3rd string is called emergency QB. Vick was listed as an H Back for that very reason.

true they could list Tbow at h-back and still use him as the emergency 3rd string Qb

true they could list Tbow at h-back and still use him as the emergency 3rd string Qb

They have to declare that before every game and then he could not do it. The Eagles just never declared him and had the punter at 3rd string quite a bit.

Backup can play in the NFL. It happens all the time when a guy gets dinged. 3rd string is called emergency QB. Vick was listed as an H Back for that very reason.

Didn't know he was listed as an HBack... if that's the case then I would think McD would go that route. I don't think Tebow could beat Quinn out for the backup but hey it is Brady Quinn after all.

Orton and Orton. Quinn backs up while Teblow gets time doing Wild Horses stuff

I'll be curious to see what Tebow is listed at come the first game, my guess was H-Back as well. But you never know, with McDaniels falling off the Belichek tree, you just never know?!?!

BARF....

NEW YORK -- Tim Tebow already leads the NFL in one category: jersey sales.
His Denver Broncos No. 15 was by far the most popular on the NFL's website for April. His celebrity clearly trumps the debate over whether he'll ever make it as an NFL quarterback after winning the Heisman Trophy and two national championships at Florida.
April's No. 2 seller is an old quarterback on a new team: the Washington Redskins jersey of Donovan McNabb. And jumping into the rankings at No. 12 is his replacement with the Philadelphia Eagles, Kevin Kolb.
Meanwhile, suspended Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger dropped out of the top 25 for April after ranking 11th in jersey sales for the year ending March 31.

Number one overall pick in next years draft, Im calling it right now, goes to the BILLS!! Theyre going to be terrible. Bad draft and a even worse year.

Number one overall pick in next years draft, Im calling it right now, goes to the BILLS!! Theyre going to be terrible. Bad draft and a even worse year.

yep, and spiller will probably get injured. poor dude's gonna get killed in that division with that o-line.

yep, and spiller will probably get injured. poor dude's gonna get killed in that division with that o-line.

Its close. They are bad. The Bucs are bad. Lets not forget the Rams. They are still going to be really bad.

Rams may give them a good run too...S Jack had back surgery which is never a good sign so there's no stars on that team at all. Bradford has no one to throw to or block for him either

Oh yeah I forgot about the Rams and how bad they are. I heard that too about Jackson. Back surgery is never good no matter how you spin it. I just think whoever is behind that line in Buffalo is going to get killed. But you can say same thing for the Rams. Should be a good race to the #1 pick LOL

I don't see the Rams making much improvement this year, if Bradford survives it will be considered a successful year for them.

Don't forget about the Browns as well. It'll be a race for #1 next year. Everyone is saying Jake Locher but I think Barkley will come out early and he'll go #1.

don't forget Andrew Luck from Stanford either
Don't forget about the Browns as well. It'll be a race for #1 next year. Everyone is saying Jake Locher but I think Barkley will come out early and he'll go #1.

don't forget Andrew Luck from Stanford either

I didn't. I still think (unless there's significant injury) that it's Barkley's if he comes out. But who knows, Lane might grease a couple of the alumni to make sure he stays in school.

Barkley maybe, but I dont see him ahead of the top 2. You guys are all forgetting about a few others.

1. Jake Locker, Washington

2. Ryan Mallet, Arkansas

3. Andrew Luck, Stanford

4. Christian Ponder, Florida State

Ponder will be a great NFL QB.

I think as of right now all 4 of those guys are 1st round picks.

I won't disagree with that. The QB crop will be very deep next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back