Mizuno MX-1000 Mini Review

biggsy

Reaction score
JB put the MX-1000 Game Improvement Cavity Backed Irons in my bag as soon as I showed up to his house and took my new set of irons out so he could get my feedback and thoughts on these. 6 of my 7 new irons still have plastic on them. What can I say, I couldn't argue, I like testing new equipment. I played the entire round with them.

Looks: Good looking iron with a mid sized top line and the size of the sole is minimized with a bevel. This iron is easy to look at and very clean in appearance with it's black and silver markings.

Feel: I found these clubs to have incredible feel and were extremely easy to hit. Mishits didn't give me incredible feedback except on the sole of the club.

Distance: I was at least one club longer with these irons. As I went back and reviewed the shots I hit during my round, I was long on several shots. The course we were playing was very unforgiving especially to the back of the greens. Mishits did not travel as far as cleanly struck shots, but they were about as long as I normally hit irons (or one club shorter).

Workability: I generally just try and hit it straight, but I was trying to work these irons on the range and found that I didn't have issues doing so. I wouldn't say you could work them as much as some irons out there, but the possibility is there.

On a side note, I hit these irons higher and longer than normal, which made for a nice soft landing on the greens.

After playing an entire round with these clubs I came away being a fan. Very easy to hit, very forgiving and at least a club longer for me.

Last edited:
Great stuff biggsy. You hit them incredibly well.

did you get pics because im :drool: looking at some online

biggsy, i know it must've been painful for you to leave the bp's back at jb's place. great review though. good lord man, extra distance out of these would simply be incredible for you. thanks for the review, i hope you enjoyed your day.

Great review Biggsy! I have heard some good stuff about those irons.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick review biggsy! Glad you liked them.

biggsy, i know it must've been painful for you to leave the bp's back at jb's place. great review though. good lord man, extra distance out of these would simply be incredible for you. thanks for the review, i hope you enjoyed your day.
It did not dawn on me until after the round, but it makes complete sense now. PW 145 is normal. I was a good 10 yards longer. I also saw it with the 5 and 6, which I had to use on a couple of short par 4's and a par 5. I hate it when courses take a driver out of your hand on a par 5.

I don't normally gravitate towards a GI iron because all of the one's I have hit, I did not like.

I forgot to mention how high I hit these, which I changed in the first post. It made for a nice soft l anding on the greens.

Thanks for the review. I have had my eyes on this set for a week now and hope to be an owner soon.

Nice review Biggs!

Thanks for the review Biggsy. I know you guy's had your share of wind on a tight course and they fly high, so if still liking them after all of that is saying something. They are a nice looking iron for sure.

Thanks for sharing biggsy!

It did not dawn on me until after the round, but it makes complete sense now. PW 145 is normal. I was a good 10 yards longer. I also saw it with the 5 and 6, which I had to use on a couple of short par 4's and a par 5. I hate it when courses take a driver out of your hand on a par 5.

I don't normally gravitate towards a GI iron because all of the one's I have hit, I did not like.

I forgot to mention how high I hit these, which I changed in the first post. It made for a nice soft l anding on the greens.

nice man! extra distance and a higher ball = one dangerous biggsy on the golf course.

i expect a mini review and pics of the bp's when you take them out as well.

JB;
Would you say these have better feel and less forgiveness than the Machspeed? Please compare. I am fighting the look of the Machspeed in the bag.

The feel is very good on these, but I am not so sure that it is that much better than the MachSpeed. It definitely has less forgiveness and distance.

It definitely has less forgiveness and distance.
Just to clarify and make sure I don't have it backwards - you're saying that the MachSpeed is definitely more forgiving and longer than the MX-1000, correct?

Just to clarify and make sure I don't have it backwards - you're saying that the MachSpeed is definitely more forgiving and longer than the MX-1000, correct?

That is correct. But let me further say, that the MX-1000 are outstanding clubs from a performance standpoint.

I just bought the MX-1000 (4 - G) since they were on sale at GS for $499. I played with them yesterday. they definitely had a different feel than my current 2009 Burners. I still cannot pin point what it is yet. I plan on taking these to the range and get the feel for them.

Nice review biggsy! Thanks for taking the time giving us your thoughts.

Glad you like them, I love my mx 200. Easiest iron I have ever hit

I now tap while I talk

I also loved these irons, plenty of forgiveness, very long and high...never hit the machspeeds but may consider trying them if they can somehow be better....

at the current price, I may have to try these out!

Back