Chromax Golf Balls

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to throw a little review up there about the Chromax golf ball. My dad and brother went to the THP FL golf outting a couple weeks ago and Chromax was nice enough to send THP some balls to review, which of course THP gave to the members at the outting. When they returned my brother gave me his box of Chromax balls, they were green. My first impression was that it is just a green golf ball that sparkled (literally) in the sun. I figured it would hit and play about like a Top Flite XL or a comparative ball. I want to say that I was quite impressed with my green golf ball, which I nicknames "Shamwrecked" I hit the ball kind of far so if it is a push or hook, that sucker is gone. I ended up playing with that ball for 10 holes. I was hitting it pretty straight and it checked up nicely on the greens. It also was a great little ball to putt with. I would actually have to say that I would not hesitate to game that ball. I was very impressed with the Chromax and look forward to playing with those balls more often.

On a side note, my father played with his Chromax golf balls for a round (he got the pink ones) and he also was very impressed. He said he would game those balls if he could get his hands on them. I hope to see these more in stores. I hope this helps any skepticism for the Chromax

chromax.gif

Shamwrecked!!! I will attest to this review, he was killing with it.

Even though I have joked about the pink Chromax, I will say that is definitely a solid ball. It really shows up well in the sunlight too. The blue one didn't show up as well for me. I had the same thought as you at first. Kind of thought it was a gimmick, but it performed really well for me at the FL outing.

If was funny because I kept playing well with it and then I'd put it away. Eventually, I got over the pink and just accepted that it was really a good ball. I still have 10 or 11 of them and I'm not sharing. Sorry Shanks!

so, who retails these balls? where can you find them? how much are they for a dozen? seems like i've found what to get the old man and the little brother for xmas!

TC, I have seen them on Amazon.com

so, who retails these balls? where can you find them? how much are they for a dozen? seems like i've found what to get the old man and the little brother for xmas!

http://www.chromaxgolf.com/buy.php

Our pro shop carries them and when we were in there last week a lady was buying a sleeve of the pink ones.

thanks for the link GG. it appears as though there's a retailer in murphy, nc, which is odd, but that's a good hike from here. i guess i'll have to check out amazon like hawk recommended.

it was funny watching dad play with his pink ball in the mountains of georgia but he swore by this ball.

Re: Chromax Golf Balls

The pro shop at one of the courses I play carries these now. It was weird seeing them for some reason but still cool to see them in retail land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I have joked about the pink Chromax, I will say that is definitely a solid ball. It really shows up well in the sunlight too. The blue one didn't show up as well for me. I had the same thought as you at first. Kind of thought it was a gimmick, but it performed really well for me at the FL outing.

If was funny because I kept playing well with it and then I'd put it away. Eventually, I got over the pink and just accepted that it was really a good ball. I still have 10 or 11 of them and I'm not sharing. Sorry Shanks!

DANG IT! Wait, my bro only gave me 6, where is the rest Lu?!?!

i only got 6. i guess some of the guys playing with hawk gave him theirs or something.

I had a guest that was unable to attend, my girl's grandpa. GolferGal had already made him a bag. I gave him the bag, but Erica's grandma forbid him from keeping any of the golf balls in it. He lives on a course and has literally 1000's of balls that he found sitting in his garage. He even had a Chromax he pulled from the water!

Speaking of that, he really appreciated that you guys sent him the goodies JB and GG. He put the Spotless right onto his bag and loved the CC shirt.

That was very cool of them to send that back with you. Well, if anyone has any sitting around, send them my way :)

I had a guest that was unable to attend, my girl's grandpa. GolferGal had already made him a bag. I gave him the bag, but Erica's grandma forbid him from keeping any of the golf balls in it. He lives on a course and has literally 1000's of balls that he found sitting in his garage. He even had a Chromax he pulled from the water!

Speaking of that, he really appreciated that you guys sent him the goodies JB and GG. He put the Spotless right onto his bag and loved the CC shirt.

I am so glad he liked all the goodies.

I've seen these around too. They are some nice looking golf balls :) I may pick up a sleeve of the pinks myself to try them out!

I traded with my buddies so I have two green, two blue and two silver. They look so cool I dont wanna play them and lose them!

We are going to be doing some forum testing with these coming up soon. For those that want to try some out, stay tuned for details.

We are going to be doing some forum testing with these coming up soon. For those that want to try some out, stay tuned for details.

read some good things about them from the first outing. I would be interested in them.

Would also like the Foo-King Long balls

read some good things about them from the first outing. I would be interested in them.

Would also like the Foo-King Long balls

Foo-King Long can be purchased from their site anytime.

*paging Mr Hawk....paging Mr Hawk...*

I think that those players using a two-piece, surlyn-ish ball already will like these. They don't have the spin of a tour ball, but they actually work pretty good for my game. I believe that the Metallic 1 is a lower compression ball and the Metallic 2 is higher compression. I played one the other day during one of my rounds and it performed good for me, especially off the tee.

Back