Scotty Cameron Putters

Anghellichalo

Reaction score
Handicap
I really do love Scotty Cameron putters I think the marketing has worked on me. I just think they are gorgeous putters. I however am gaming the 03 Newport Beach Cameron I believe. It has a slot cut in the bottom of the putter. It is supposed to give it a sound or something different. But I really am thinking of getting one of the newer ones due to the weighting. I have a hard time judging how the ball is gonna roll on mine. I have wanted mine to be a bit heavier so I am thinking of making the upgrade. Just wondered if anyone had much experience with the newer weighted Scotty Camerons. Sorry for the rambling

Never been a big SC fan myself. And then when I finally decided to buy one off Ebay I ended up with a Scotty Cameroon fake instead. SeeMore makes a great putter and you can find one for the same or less then the SC's. Just depends on what you like and your .... heres that word again...budget.

Re: Scotty Cameron Putters

OEM Kevin said:
Never been a big SC fan myself. And then when I finally decided to buy one off Ebay I ended up with a Scotty Cameroon fake instead. SeeMore makes a great putter and you can find one for the same or less then the SC's. Just depends on what you like and your .... heres that word again...budget.

You can steal some seemores on eBay. Flip around on there. And I bet the chances of ending up w a fake are way less.

If the man loves his Scotty's no reason that he should switch to another brand if it is working for him. I played a SC for years. Loved it, then found that there were far better putters for my game and made the switch. But millions love his work and will continue to.

I've never tried a SC but I would say to just hit everything you can, ESP with putters since they arethe mist personal club in one's bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also probably worth giving Yes! Golf a look. I recently got a Yes! Dawn and I love it! Don't forget about Kia Ma as an excellent putter choice as well.

Yesterday was the first time I'd ever tried one. Couldn't even tell you which it was, I just stopped at a Golfers Warehouse while in Wichita and was dinking around while waiting on a salesman. But, I must say the thing was smooth. They had a rather large putting green and I sunk two balls in a row when a guy standing behind me say's "wow", lol. Of course I missed the third after that, but I was pretty impressed. It was a non-insert putter and felt great, but doing just fine with what I have.

I just started gaming a Scotty after going through 4 other putters in 10 months. I have one of the new California putters and I love it. These guys are not joking about the SeeMore putters, those things are super legit! Game something you are happy to pull out of the bag whenever you go to putt and you will have more confidence standing over the ball and you will drain more putts (this is what I think anyway).

I have tried a few Scotty's on the course and was never impressed. I guess they arn't right for my game. But I know tons of people basically worship them. I will probably get a Yes! whenever my old Odyssey starts misbehaving.

Funny how a SC thread turns into an advertisement for SeeMore.

Anyway, SC putters are the real deal and a good investment.

In response to the OP's original inquiry; I can say that I purposely bought a 35" model and had it cut to 33". I wanted the heavier weighting of the 35" on a shorter putter.

It's something to think about if you want something heavier.

I love SeeMore putters (in case anyone didnt know). They just work for me. When I first started in this sport, I picked up a SC largley because I thougt I was supposed to play that because it was one of the best out there. SC certainly makes some great putters and has a loyal following. As evryone knows, putters are such an individualized choice that you cant really knock any of them. I beleive if the putter gives you confidence and consistency go with it no matter who makes it or what it looks like. Seemores happen to give me that combination.

my current gamer for the past year or so is a SC SS Newport. I jumped on it after they came out after a few members starting raving about the milled face and weight options. mine is weighted at 360g. makes all the difference in the world if you are looking for something in that range.

but if you love the one you have.....pick up a roll of lead tape and go to work. i just did that on a new Black Series Tour #9.....added 10 g's. It's soo sweet now.

I'm starting to think no one read the OP. :confused2:

(Edit - except Snicker)

Funny how a SC thread turns into an advertisement for SeeMore.

Anyway, SC putters are the real deal and a good investment.

In response to the OP's original inquiry; I can say that I purposely bought a 35" model and had it cut to 33". I wanted the heavier weighting of the 35" on a shorter putter.

It's something to think about if you want something heavier.

you can order the 33" putter with the heavier weights. but that's only in the SS line....maybe California now. BUT you can't get 33" in "circle h"

booooooooo SC!!!!

my current gamer for the past year or so is a SC SS Newport. I jumped on it after they came out after a few members starting raving about the milled face and weight options. mine is weighted at 360g. makes all the difference in the world if you are looking for something in that range.

but if you love the one you have.....pick up a roll of lead tape and go to work. i just did that on a new Black Series Tour #9.....added 10 g's. It's soo sweet now.

Snicker has got it right with the lead tape. A little lead tape can renew that spark and make you remember why you like the club in the first place.

Im not a big SC fan but what year did they start putting the adjustable weights on the bottom of the Newports? The 03 didnt have them right? Is that the year with the screws on the back and were they used as weights? I would go with what Snickers said and try some lead tape to get the best weight for you.

What a great SC mind Snicker is.

Bravo. :clapp:

snicker.doodles said:
the studio select was the first year for weights. i'm think the California line has them as well.

The Cali line does have them.

Each logo is located in the smilies under your signature and control panel.

So anyone else game these and love them?

I am pretty set on getting a newport, just can't decide between the 2 and the 2.5 quite yet. I have also been ridiculously addicted to head covers and I have not even picked out my putter yet.

Back