Anyone gaming the Odyssey Black series I 2-Ball putter?

Anghellichalo

Reaction score
Handicap
I went to the local golf shop today and tested several putters. I tested the See More putters everyone talks about and the Yes putters. I currently am playing an old Scotty Cameron that just doesnt have much feel for me. Anyways the putter I felt the best with at the Golf shop was the Odyssey black 2 ball. The weighting felt great and it just rolled very smooth. Only one problem with the club, the 299 dollar price tag. Eh maybe I will go for it but not sure yet.

I went to the local golf shop today and tested several putters. I tested the See More putters everyone talks about and the Yes putters. I currently am playing an old Scotty Cameron that just doesnt have much feel for me. Anyways the putter I felt the best with at the Golf shop was the Odyssey black 2 ball. The weighting felt great and it just rolled very smooth. Only one problem with the club, the 299 dollar price tag. Eh maybe I will go for it but not sure yet.

best feel and balance of any 2 ball or mallet putter i've ever tried including the old 2 ball, the ping craz-e, the taylormade spider ... i don't normally use 2 balls or mallets but bought and kept this one just because it's just so good ...

but if you're really looking for a GREAT putter ... i recently got the odyssey black tour series #2 (anser style) putter ... and i'm not kidding ... i was talking to myself out loud for the entire first hour after it arrived in amazement ...

not to use these expressions flippantly ... but i've never felt better balance and feel in ANY putter of any kind made by any company ... and the technological expertise engineered into the new face is impeccably textured for (what i honestly believe is) the purest, most ideal, and reliably consistent roll on any putter ... as great as the previous black series and black i series are ... this one puts all putters to shame ... you have to see and feel it to believe it ... pictures will not to justice to it ... especially the face texture ...

just get your hands on it at any golf store and i'd be willing to bet you fall in love with it immediately ... check it out ... you won't be disappointed ...

and just so you know ... the tour black series will also have a 2 ball blade version available ... that might be just what the doctor ordered for you ... same characteristics of the #2 i described ... but more of the shape you seem to like or are looking at ...

i'm going to be gaming it today at a course called thunder hill ... ranked 47 hardest course in the country ... and the greens are some of the toughest anywhere ... slope ... size ... multiple breaks ...

looking forward to battling these greens with my latest and greatest flat stick ...

Last edited:
I believe OEM Kevin is gaming an Odyssey Black Series putter too. I believe JB was trying to make deals to get it too haha he just loved it. I think Kevin is just getting off work now but I am sure later he will chime in with his thoughts.

I got to roll that putter with OEM as well and it's like butter....i'm going to have to consider looking at a milled face putter next time

I rolled this a few times recently. Solid putter with great feel. It has a very similar feel to the milled series from SeeMore and the fine craftsmanship of the Kia Ma's. All great putters.

I'm gaming one right now, but will be unloading it soon for a spider vicino. I'm just waiting for my 10 waiting period to be up before I can list it for sale.

I have the Black Series #9. The two ball is last years version of the Black series as vicar explained the new version isnt out yet. The black series I have is a great putter. Currently Im gaming the SeeMore M8 so the black series is like the trophy wife I keep locked up at home :) but its probably the smoothest putter Ive ever rolled. And if youre looking at last years black 2ball it should be on sale, its $199 right now at GG. I wouldnt pay 299 for that.

I have the Black Series #9. The two ball is last years version of the Black series as vicar explained the new version isnt out yet. The black series I have is a great putter. Currently Im gaming the SeeMore M8 so the black series is like the trophy wife I keep locked up at home :) but its probably the smoothest putter Ive ever rolled. And if youre looking at last years black 2ball it should be on sale, its $199 right now at GG. I wouldnt pay 299 for that.

your #9 was the best feeling putter i rolled at the outing.

I am gaming the Black i #7. I love it, the ball rolls of the putter smooth, and the feel is the best out of all the brands/types of putters I've tried. A close second would be the Backstryke I tried last week. I was super accurate with that in the store.

Back