It is actually right across the street from the Country Inn & Suites, you could walk from one to the other easily (except for traffic is fairly brutal). Only 1 exit up from road out to Kinderlou. PM me and we will decide, I am leaning toward Drury myself.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites both Friday and Saturday nights but I don't know the rates--we are using points. It is pretty nice we have stayed at several around Valdosta and it's the nicest we've stayed in.

Blues are 6600, Whites are 6088. I've played the course once and shot 82 from the blues.

I think the course provides enough challenge from the white to be fun for everyone, even better golfers. Slope rating is 129 blue and 127 white.

I prefer that we don't do split tees like whites on par 4's & 5's and Blues on par 3's. I can't post my scores to GHIN then since the course isn't rated for split tees.

That 127 white rating is the probably the Women's slope rating. White tees course rating and slope for men is 68.7/119, Blue is 71.0/125 according to the USGA database. Possibly you have an old score card? It's not unusual for cards not to match the USGA database but when you post the score the USGA database values will be entered automatically.

That 127 white rating is the probably the Women's slope rating. White tees course rating and slope for men is 68.7/119, Blue is 71.0/125 according to the USGA database. Possibly you have an old score card? It's not unusual for cards not to match the USGA database but when you post the score the USGA database values will be entered automatically.
I was just reading off the score card posted in this thread.

I was just reading off the score card posted in this thread.

I thought that was the case, that card is hard to read. Not sure how they squeeze in all five sets of tees with both Men's and Women's ratings.

I've probably got some old cards here somewhere...curious now.

Dawg and OG, my pup will miss meeting you old coots. But I can understand driving at all when ailing.

Awwww I will miss meeting ya pooch too. I like dogs :in-love:

This get together will be my last hooray/traveling trip for a lonnnng time. Medical bills from hip surgery much larger than I had hoped for. :beat-up: I need to enjoy this one to the max :thumb:

This get together will be my last hooray/traveling trip for a lonnnng time. Medical bills from hip surgery much larger than I had hoped for. :beat-up: I need to enjoy this one to the max :thumb:
You will.

Has the tee time been determined for Saturday yet?

Hope that doesn't include not making a day trip to the mountains. Still want you guys to come up and play my course. I'd like to time that when the fall colors are at a peak, and that should be in just a couple of weeks or so. They're just starting to turn a little now.

Hope that doesn't include not making a day trip to the mountains. Still want you guys to come up and play my course. I'd like to time that when the fall colors are at a peak, and that should be in just a couple of weeks or so. They're just starting to turn a little now.
I like the sound of fall golf in the mountains.

Has the tee time been determined for Saturday yet?
Ist time is 10:40. 10 minutes after that for each subsequent group. Looks like we will have 5 groups.

Local trips will not be affected. The ones that cost a few hundred dollars will be put on hold until these darn medical expenses have been caught up. :banghead:

I like the sound of fall golf in the mountains.

Me too bro!

So who else is coming down Friday night? Dawg, myself & Lefty78 are the ones I know who will be staying in the same vicinity.

I am gonna head up there on Friday night I think.

I am gonna head up there on Friday night I think.

You have lodging picked out yet? I believe Dawg and I are staying at Drury and Lefty78 is staying across the road at Country Inn. Looking forward to meeting you Erky :thumb:

You have lodging picked out yet? I believe Dawg and I are staying at Drury and Lefty78 is staying across the road at Country Inn. Looking forward to meeting you Erky :thumb:
Not sure yet.

So who else is coming down Friday night? Dawg, myself & Lefty78 are the ones I know who will be staying in the same vicinity.
I need to iron some things out with Troy, but I think he mentioned us heading up Friday night.

I need to iron some things out with Troy, but I think he mentioned us heading up Friday night.

I hope you guys can make it Pete! Dawg and I have not discussed a departure time yet however I'm pretty sure we will arrive in valdosta before the sun goes down :golf2:

I hope you guys can make it Pete! Dawg and I have not discussed a departure time yet however I'm pretty sure we will arrive in valdosta before the sun goes down :golf2:
Haha. If it happens, it'll be later on as I don't land in Jax until 6:50 pm. But as Troy mentioned earlier "the Jameson isn't going to drink itself."

Haha. If it happens, it'll be later on as I don't land in Jax until 6:50 pm. But as Troy mentioned earlier "the Jameson isn't going to drink itself."
You can't be drunk all weekend if you don't start on Friday.

You can't be drunk all weekend if you don't start on Friday.

I had a little Jameson and ginger ale tonight after golf. Nice refreshing toddy.

Are you guys going to try and sneak in 9 holes on Friday? I could be talked into that. My plan currently is to drive down Friday. But, Sean and I have talked about me crashing at his place Friday night. But, I'm always open to options, especially when it comes to THPers getting together.

Are you guys going to try and sneak in 9 holes on Friday? I could be talked into that. My plan currently is to drive down Friday. But, Sean and I have talked about me crashing at his place Friday night. But, I'm always open to options, especially when it comes to THPers getting together.

The idea has crossed my mind. We'll chew the fat and let ya know asap.:bomb: There are several nice courses on the way down to Valdosta :thumb:

The idea has crossed my mind. We'll chew the fat and let ya know asap.:bomb: There are several nice courses on the way down to Valdosta :thumb:

The Golf Club of the South is just up the road and we will be going right by it. Just sayin'.

The Golf Club of the South is just up the road and we will be going right by it. Just sayin'.

Hmmmm I've never played it :drool:

Back