Quail Hollow Championship [spoilers]

I think some people are forgetting one big thing. People are talking about how he has to "behave" (which is absurd since most other golfers do) and how he is rusty, etc... Could his poor play in fact be because this is the first time he is facing real fans and real media without the kindness of Augusta watching his back? I think him getting booed and shunned is playing a role. Not Mr Loveable anymore...Well except to those 120 women...and certain forum members.

Re: Quail Hollow Championship [spoilers]

Grogger31 said:
No surprise, I was glad to see him play poorly. If he was emotional afterwards (I didn't see his press conference), I would be glad to see it. The robot image got old about 5 years ago.

I think having a tournament like this will end up benefitting him in the long run. Once his personal life is even a little bit calmer, his competitive nature will make him work that much harder and he'll be a force of nature again.
+1. I agree with the second part. I didnt like watching it though :).

I think some people are forgetting one big thing. People are talking about how he has to "behave" (which is absurd since most other golfers do) and how he is rusty, etc... Could his poor play in fact be because this is the first time he is facing real fans and real media without the kindness of Augusta watching his back? I think him getting booed and shunned is playing a role. Not Mr Loveable anymore...Well except to those 120 women...and certain forum members.

That's it, JB. That and his mind is a mess. As it should be. He can't handle this, and probably shouldn't be playing. He plays horribly next week and I expect another sabbatical. He could possibly skip playing at Pebble.

Kevin

I think that the more tourneys he plays (good play or bad play) will benefit him and make the viewing public forget about his situation to a degree. His schedule currently allows a whole lot of speculation in between tourneys and with that negative sentiment. The more tourneys he plays, the more the media reports, the more people get sick of it and say, 'let's just focus on golf' as we have said here in the forum many times because we're all just tired of it. Of course he probably won't do that so let the speculation commence (as I think we have already started here)!

Re: Quail Hollow Championship [spoilers]

I think all his bad habits have just been excepted and when he finally has to change, he is constantly conscious of himself because it rubs against the grain. That probably translates very negatively to the golf course. I could be oh so wrong of course. Jay Z has 99 problems and a "woman" ain't one, well it appears that Tiger is just the opposite plus 21 (22 if you count Elin).

I hate the fact that all of the Tiger drama occurred simply because it takes so much away from the game and from what the other golfers have to offer. No one is even paying attention to the fact that Billy Mayfair, who is 175th on the money list, has shot back to back 68's and is leading the tournament. I think that is the biggest travesty of the Tiger Woods situation; not anything that has to do with him, but with the fact that he is taking the spotlight from hardworking players who actually deserve it.

Not Mr Loveable anymore...Well except to those 120 women...and certain forum members.
Is it a problem that some of us still root and support Tiger?

Are we really buying the story of 120 women that Tiger's been with? Seriously?

Most of you folks are better than that to believe skeezy tabloid stuff like that.

120 women and it took until last Thanksgiving of '09 for him to finally get caught, or for one of the "120" to sell their story to a tabloid.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt

Is it a problem that some of us still root and support Tiger?

Of course not. Root forever whoever you would like to.

Are we really buying the story of 120 women that Tiger's been with? Seriously?

Most of you folks are better than that to believe skeezy tabloid stuff like that.

120 women and it took until last Thanksgiving of '09 for him to finally get caught, or for one of the "120" to sell their story to a tabloid.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt

Im sure you said the same thing when they broke the report about his lying and cheating ways.

Of course not. Root forever whoever you would like to.

Im sure you said the same thing when they broke the report about his lying and cheating ways.

haha. For the record, I DIDN'T. To me, it honestly didn't come as much of a surprise. I never liked it, but I wasn't surprised.

I also am not surprised about 10-15 girls. I never really questioned that because it's believable. But, 120?

120 girls without getting caught and/or one selling her story? Or having one of their friends sell the story?

120 girls over the coarse of 5-6 years (?) without anyone in the media knowing is down right IMPOSSIBLE these days.

That's NOT believable.

And I think you said, "root for whoever you want to" while you were grinding your teeth. :act-up:

I hate the fact that all of the Tiger drama occurred simply because it takes so much away from the game and from what the other golfers have to offer. No one is even paying attention to the fact that Billy Mayfair, who is 175th on the money list, has shot back to back 68's and is leading the tournament. I think that is the biggest travesty of the Tiger Woods situation; not anything that has to do with him, but with the fact that he is taking the spotlight from hardworking players who actually deserve it.

This is the best post I've read on this subject, good work Schweitzer!!!

They said this on XM radio the other day about this. Look at the venues TW is choosing for his comeback, they're not exactly the birdie fest courses like they use at the Bob Hope. They're right, look at the difficulty of the 2 courses. Sure Augusta was hand selected and blah blah blah, but it's not a historically simple course these days. Then look at Quail Hallow, you can't miss by more than a few yards there without being stuck behind a tree and basically having no shot. I applaud him for jumping right into it and not trying to return to easier courses where he can just go try to make a bunch of birdies and basically hit it all over the lot. Regardless of all this, it is still a huge surprise for Tiger Woods to end up at +9, 17 shots behind the lead, that just does not happen.

Nike Golf
haha. For the record, I DIDN'T. To me, it honestly didn't come as much of a surprise. I never liked it, but I wasn't surprised.

I also am not surprised about 10-15 girls. I never really questioned that because it's believable. But, 120?

120 girls without getting caught and/or one selling her story? Or having one of their friends sell the story?

120 girls over the coarse of 5-6 years (?) without anyone in the media knowing is down right IMPOSSIBLE these days.

That's NOT believable.

And I think you said, "root for whoever you want to" while you were grinding your teeth.

Whatever you say man. Like I said, Im not getting into it with you. I dont care about who you root for, who you sleep with, if you were one of the 120 girls, or anything else. I said 2 weeks ago I was done, and I meant it. Enjoy your ranting with others.

That's NOT believable.

I agree with you Nike, there is almost no way in hell there were 120 chicks out there and not a peep to the public. Unless we as a public were so blinded that we completely missed some of the obvious hints, but no way- someone would have leaked something to the media.

Some great predictions by forum members this week. SOME forum members were right on target.

Last I heard Tiger didnt even make the cut so why are we even talking about him? Move it to the Tiger issues thread or whatever its called. And I like Tiger, most of the time. But seriously there are some great stories other then him going on.

Some great predictions by forum members this week. SOME forum members were right on target.

On Tour Talk I told Dano that Tiger was going to beat Phil this week. WHOOPS! There are some amazing story lines building for this weekend, I am so excited to sit down and attach myself to the couch and not miss a second of the coverage! I'm actually planning on playing golf Sunday so I'll have to DVR it cuz I'm not missing a second!

I said Tiger would make top 3...oops. And Phil wouldnt do well oops again.

Last I heard Tiger didnt even make the cut so why are we even talking about him? Move it to the Tiger issues thread or whatever its called. And I like Tiger, most of the time. But seriously there are some great stories other then him going on.

I'm with you, I just had to point out my ridiculous prediction on the show this week. WOW!

Whatever you say man. Like I said, Im not getting into it with you. I dont care about who you root for, who you sleep with, if you were one of the 120 girls, or anything else. I said 2 weeks ago I was done, and I meant it. Enjoy your ranting with others.

I can have half the forum members agree w/ me on an issue, but yet I'd still be singled out and dismissed.

And I guess if you want to believe that he had 120 women while he was married, that's your choice too. Whatever you say man.

My thoughts exactly.

What the hell got into Mayfair? I didnt even know he was still playing lol but dang, nice two rounds there Billy. Phil came on strong today too.

I can have half the forum members agree w/ me on an issue, but yet I'd still be singled out and dismissed.

And I guess if you want to believe that he had 120 women while he was married, that's your choice too. Whatever you say man.

Im going to tell you this one more time. Either stay on topic or find another forum to bother. This will be the LAST WARNING. You are not a mod, and frankly the mods here do NOT need your assistance.

I wish Mayfair still had that mullet! I was following Bubba Watson on Shot Tracker today, after his first 6 holes I thought he was going to be leading, but wow his back 9 kicked his ass. He ended up shooting a 73 and was actually -4 after 6 holes!

I wish Mayfair still had that mullet! I was following Bubba Watson on Shot Tracker today, after his first 6 holes I thought he was going to be leading, but wow his back 9 kicked his ass. He ended up shooting a 73 and was actually -4 after 6 holes!

He has his ups and downs this year, but I agree, I thought he had a shot. His overshaping got him in trouble when he double crossed that one into the trees on 10 or 11.

Back