Nike Vapor Pro Driver - Preview Thread

FWIW, we strongly disagree on this.
It goes back to my thoughts behind the RSi irons. Showing something makes it more valuable to people.

That's cool, we all have different takes, nothing wrong with that at all.

I'm just going off what I was taught and then what I saw. It's a good conversation for all.

And just so it's clear, I'm not arguing with anyone here. I love these discussions, it's my job!
I agree 100%, no arguing at all. I'm genuinely interested in how some OEMs embrace one line of design thinking over another and what they do within that philosophy, while other manufacturers go in an entirely different direction.

I agree 100%, no arguing at all. I'm genuinely interested in how some OEMs embrace one line of design thinking over another and what they do within that philosophy, while other manufacturers go in an entirely different direction.

It's pretty crazy, and there are some MAJOR minds at work for all these companies which is the coolest part.

Did anybody ask there why the company walked away from the compression channel patent when clearly now they are saying that its one of the biggest things about this driver?

Again, forgiving needs to be quantified here, I never said it was SGI driver forgiving, it is a hell of a lot more so that previous iterations and fits right in with other drivers I have reviewed in this classification area.

I get what you're saying.

I do think that the word 'forgiving' is 100% useless unless it's used in a comparison between 2 things.

Did anybody ask there why the company walked away from the compression channel patent when clearly now they are saying that its one of the biggest things about this driver?

Yes we did. Because they didn't feel they could apply it and get it to work within the CT/COR guidelines. They didn't pick it back up until tiger asked them to look at it. It's taken time to get the depths/sizes across the channel right according to them and keep within guidelines in the center of the face but they made it work.

They had no intentions of revisiting until they were asked to by him, they were pretty adamant on that. They explain that with design the channel compresses and opens depending on the stroke location. Nate have is a deep rundown.

I will say it's changed the feel on misses from the 2.0 and 2.0 tour. But, I was always a fan of the way the channel felt on their drivers.

I get what you're saying.

I do think that the word 'forgiving' is 100% useless unless it's used in a comparison between 2 things.

Hence why comparisons for me have come to the 2.0 lines.

Don't know why I am shocked that Tiger has that much power/influence on those decisions.

Don't know why I am shocked that Tiger has that much power/influence on those decisions.

Apparently it's not a new thing, and Rory has become massively involved with input (on the pro) as well.

Im not, but I struggle with the answer for the compression channel. "It was too good", but not too good for the previous drivers and now its in place and is amazing again.

Im not doubting whether it works or not, but struggle with some of the info coming out and how.

Can someone give a comparison of CG placement between this and SLDR and Alpha?

We did not get comparison numbers, only to the 2.0 lines.

As for the channel, just going off what we were told and what I have on my pages of notes. I thought it was interesting it came back as well when we first saw pics a while back given what they had said prior. But let's face it, it's not uncommon for companies to change and revisit things. I dunno.

Nike Vapor Pro Driver - Preview Thread

For clarity's sake, let's remember something, the only way to KNOW what it'll do for you is to hit it. I can give baselines of what I personally saw all day and how I feel about the tech, but we all know the final verdict comes when they hit the streets and get into all of your hands. As with any heads it'll be hit or miss for the individual I'm sure.

I'm excited to hit this and the flex when they finally hit the shelves. I love the idea of a more compact head, but the forgiveness I'm seeing in the 2.0 has me strongly considering the Vapor Pro. I never got along with the VR Pro driver but I think that was mostly due to the PX shaft. The fact that I can throw the shaft that I love already into the new head has me giddy.

Great info, thanks

how is the black face holding up?

how is the black face holding up?

So far so good for me. Probably has 120 strikes on it so far. I can snap a face shot this weekend while playing.

So far so good for me. Probably has 120 strikes on it so far. I can snap a face shot this weekend while playing.

120? damn you are a machine! Yeah that would be great if you can.

120? damn you are a machine! Yeah that would be great if you can.

Well half of those were from the fitting and other half was from playing and having other people hit it as well.

ddec: here's the face update.
ma7ajyru.jpg

Thanks buddy. I see lots of center contact

Curious. What's the point of the crown creeping over onto the face?

Back