weirdest team name you have ever heard

gfx.php

For those of you who watched the movie Accepted... The South Harmon Institute of Technology Heads.

Not a weird name but unique: Pittsburg State University Gorillas.

pitt_state.gif

99524.jpg

Come on Smally, what's up with that? For a time there they were simply unbeatable. I've grown up close to Pittsburg almost my entire life, lol. The gorillas rock! So does Jim's Steak House.

There was a high school near me in Pekin, IL that were officially known as the Pekin Chinks. The team mascot was a student dressed as a Chinaman wearing a coolie hat, who struck a gong when the team scored. They changed in 1980 to the Dragons to eliminate the controversy.

True fact. My family is all originally from there. It's amazing how loyal the older generation was to the old mascot - you can still find Pekin Chinks items in town.

weirdest team name you have ever heard:

weirdest team name you have ever heard:

"Lake nona" :confused2:

Reactions: JB
I think they lost more than they won this year duey. First time since the '70s I think that has happened.

My alma mater NYU Violets. Imagine playing hockey and skating out to that team name.

And you can't forget:

ussc.jpg
haha I was gonna put that. GO BANANA SLUGS. lol

I think they lost more than they won this year duey. First time since the '70s I think that has happened.

Liz has a cousin who's one of the coaches. makes sense huh? lol! At one point they had won like 2 years worth without a loss I think. Is that right Smally?

I don't think so, because they haven't won back to back National Titles that I can remember (definitely not since the early '80s when I went there). They've won a few, but have lost a lot of title games as well.

Balls Deep, Our beerpong league team name.

"Lake nona" :confused2:

Actually not a team name. It's a community / golf club in SE Orlando about 10 minutes from my house. Lots of PGA/LPGA pros live there (Sergio, Annika, Yani, Ian, etc.).

Funny thing is that they have billboards in town that say 'Do you know Nona?'

:comp:​

Lake Nona retains World Golf and Country Club Championship for second consecutive year

Orlando, FL - (March 23, 2010) - With a score of 17-13, Team Lake Nona sealed their second successive victory over Team Isleworth and third overall win in the seventh annual Tavistock Cup.​

Coastal Carolina Chanticleers......."mascot is the Chanticleer, the quick and crafty rooster from Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales."

Back