machspeed vs cg7 bp?

gtaj

Reaction score
Handicap
had a chance to hit the machspeed irons at the range today during a nike demo day. until now, i've been thinking i woul get the cg7 non-tour black pearls but have only hit those into a net.
for those that have hit both, what is the difference in feel? the machspeeds i hit were graphite shaft and though i thought they were very forgiving, they felt a bit "dead" to me regardless of where impact was. could be i was hitting everything a bit thin, theres not much grass on the ground out here in katy.
i liked the feel of the cg7's but like i said, that was in to a net and the indoors always sounds different than being outdoors.
can anyone chime in? the machspeeds were $75/club in graphite (a demo day special) vs just a bit under $90 per on the cg7s from discountdan's.

Katy TX? I have both sets here at home and I prefer the Machspeeds for their forgiveness and distance. But I think both are great sets and I LOVE the look of the CG7 BP's. I just love how the Machspeeds hit for my game, which isnt very good. But you cant go wrong with either one. I may be looking to unload the CG7 BP's too.

Both are great sets and will really come down to personal preference. I find the MachSpeeds a little more forgiving. I also find that they offer a little bit more distance. But I love the feel of the CG7 BP irons and I think they are the best looking irons out there.

I am a Cleveland guy myself, and I hafta say I love the Black Pearl tours! I feel so very confident over the clubs, and I feel they give great feedback, as well as plenty of distance and forgiveness. I haven't hit the Nikes, but from what everyones been saying around here I'd hafta believe they are great. Clubs.

thanks for the feedback - it really is a preference thing. i took a couple of swings with the diablo edge and must say it did not go well. the 10.5 looked very closed to me and the thing went straight left unless i made a conscious effort to hold it open - not something i want to be doing on the course. also tried the machspeed driver and had similar issues. my current driver is a 5900 sumo sq which sits dead square - at least visually - behind the ball.
i finally decided to order just a 6-iron in the cg7s so i can try it out on the course before deciding. i only bag 6-pw anyway so if it goes badly im only out the one club. on a side note got in the first round with the 49* niblick that thing is great. am able to hit those mid-high pitches that check up and roll out, something i had not been able to do with my gap/sand wedge. maybe as the grooves wear it wont be so easy but its fun while it lasts. really thinking about adding the 56* now

Back