Ricearoni

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys and gals - Just a few short days before the Kentucky Derby - Anyone going to this?
Anyone got any favorites?
We've got a party invite which might involve some friendly wagering. :D
Going to be fun.

I usually watch it on TV. Ive never been to it (I dont exactly fit in with the floppy hat crowd), but I try to watch it on TV.
No idea who is gonna win (I dont follow horse racing close enough to know that much about it), I just hope its a good, close race.

It kicks off the Triple Crown with a bang and is always fun to watch.

Hey guys and gals - Just a few short days before the Kentucky Derby - Anyone going to this?
Anyone got any favorites?
We've got a party invite which might involve some friendly wagering. :D
Going to be fun.

Thanks to the local OTB I have discovered that I am terrible at picking a winner in the Derby. It's usually the Belmot before I know enough about the horses. Big Brown broke more than my heart last year and on my birthday none the less.

Ill be in Vegas for it. I go every year during the Derby and it is a hoot.

Now that sounds fun!!!
Oh ya, I got my travel humi all packed up and ready to go. I usually go to the pool for a few hours first and then stumble my way into the sports book. No golf this time though.

Oh ya, I got my travel humi all packed up and ready to go. I usually go to the pool for a few hours first and then stumble my way into the sports book. No golf this time though.

Casa Fuente??? I wouldn't be trying to play golf either:D

Ill be in Vegas for it. I go every year during the Derby and it is a hoot.

That sound great - I can see the crowds clustered around the sports book at post time.

The party we go to is given by a couple from Louisville - and the get into it. There will be a small band, (just prior to post time we all must sing "My Old Kentucky Home" :roll:), a bartender (just for mint juleps), food, TVs all over the place, a hat parade and hat contest for those of us who care to participate, and maybe, just maybe some wagering. Very fun.

That sounds like a great time Rice. I never know the lyrics to the song so I always just mumble it. I would like to go to it one year.

Just back from the party - full disclosure here - won $22 on wagers (mostly blind draws)totaling $42, so not too bad. Hope some of you saw the race - very exciting run on the rail. Great day.

It was a great race Rice. Watching him come along the rail was awesome.

Anyone besides me watching?

Wow - Calvin Burrell won again. Watching him is enough to make anyone smile.

the guy jumping up and down was hilarious

You know why he was jumping - right? He put $100,000 on #4 to win - 8 to 1 odds. I thought his toupee was going to fly off.

You know why he was jumping - right? He put $100,000 on #4 to win - 8 to 1 odds. I thought his toupee was going to fly off.

yeah he won a contest that let him do that so he either didnt lose money or gained 700,000 dollars. he also made supersaver co-favorites

no I watched as well Diane. very sloppy race but great to see Calvin get another and Todd Pletcher get his first

If I were them I would worry about Ice Box, looking at the replay he got boxed in at least twice comming down the stretch and still almost caught him at the end

If I were them I would worry about Ice Box, looking at the replay he got boxed in at least twice comming down the stretch and still almost caught him at the end

We'll see in 2 weeks. Did you hear Burrell's boast that the triple crown would be his this year?

Back