Bridgestone Ball Fitting Question...

imscottr

I Like Show Tunes!
Reaction score
Handicap
So Bridgestone is coming to town this weekend and I thought about giving it a try. Lord knows I have no idea what ball I should be playing!

My question - how much does the fitting cost, and will they only recommend their brand of ball to you? I'm sure they'll suggest their ball, but I was curious as to whether they'd tell you that "your best bet would be to choose from these three balls...."

Thanks!
Scott

Bridgestone ball fittings are free. They recommend whatever ball works best for you regardless if it is their own or not.

It doesn't cost anything.

If the ball you are playing is the best ball for you , they will tell you.

If they fit you for a premium ball, ask them what other ball you could also play. I asked them that strictly from an economical standpoint. They fit me for the B330-S and I asked if I could not afford those, what other ball would you recommend and they told me the E5. If you have questions, ask them. They were great to work with and I learned a lot from the 15 minutes I spent with them.

Thanks for the quick reply fellas! Can't wait to give this a whirl.

There a Bridgestone ball-fitting at the course I frequent most often on Wednesday. I'm very excited about it. Looking forward to your experience Scott.

A few questions for those of you have gone through this:

Do they let you hit some range balls to "warm up" before you hit their balls? Or should I get a small bucket myself to be "ready"?
This event is at the course's driving range; do you hit your own balls for a while and they use a LM to get your numbers?
How do they retrieve the balls you hit (if you do hit your own)?

Do they let you hit some range balls to "warm up" before you hit their balls? Or should I get a small bucket myself to be "ready"?
I hit about 5 or 6 shots in the net beforehand. They let me warm up as much as I needed.

This event is at the course's driving range; do you hit your own balls for a while and they use a LM to get your numbers?
I hit 5 or 6 shots with my own ball after warming up and then had me hit one of theirs that he thought I would get better performance out of.

How do they retrieve the balls you hit (if you do hit your own)?
I hit into a net, so need to retrieve anything.

Here is a link to my Bridgestone experience.

I hit about 5 or 6 shots in the net beforehand. They let me warm up as much as I needed.

I hit 5 or 6 shots with my own ball after warming up and then had me hit one of theirs that he thought I would get better performance out of.

I hit into a net, so need to retrieve anything.

Here is a link to my Bridgestone experience.

Great info!! Didn't think about all that.

Thanks Biggsy. Really appreciate the info. Do they give you LM readings as well?

They wouldn't by chance if you a free sleeve of their balls, would they? :alien2:

Last edited:
I got four two ball sleeves for asking nicely.

It's a really great experience and I recommend everyone giving it a shot.

Thanks Biggsy. Really appreciate the info. Do they give you LM readings as well?
Just what you see on the link. I am sure they have a way of printing out every shot, but they just gave me averages as you can see in the link I provided.

Just what you see on the link. I am sure they have a way of printing out every shot, but they just gave me averages as you can see in the link I provided.

Thanks. I didn't see the link the first time you posted. Great info. Thanks!

This is going to be fun. I can't wait.

Thanks for all the info!

Like Biggsy said, it's a great experience. Even if you don't get fit for a Bridgestone ball, they'll usually give you a free 2-ball sleeve of whichever Bridgestone was closest for you.

Also, before taking your turn hang out by the fitters for a bit and watch them. You'll see some good information by watching the results of the other people, and it gives you a better understanding of what to expect. If you have a Boom Club account, they will also upload your session to the site - usually within 2 weeks or so.

Anyone ever done the golf ball fitting at Golf Galaxy?

I too would like to know this. I talked to them about it and they said it would cost $20 to do. Wondered if it would be worth it or not, and how good it would be.

I just did an online chat session with a B-Stone Rep and it was pretty cool. He was asking me about my swing speed, ball flight preference, and ideal 'feel' for a ball and he came up with a short list of the B330 and the B330 RX for me to go try. Going to go to GG tomorrow to see which one works best for me on the monitor. I definitely recommend the chat feature on bridgestonegolf.com!

Just in case, if you have a PGA Superstore around you.. they are free. If you have one and have questions lemme know.

I just did an online chat session with a B-Stone Rep and it was pretty cool. He was asking me about my swing speed, ball flight preference, and ideal 'feel' for a ball and he came up with a short list of the B330 and the B330 RX for me to go try. Going to go to GG tomorrow to see which one works best for me on the monitor. I definitely recommend the chat feature on bridgestonegolf.com!

I enjoyed it too. I've been playing the e5 and really am happy with it. For the price, I haven't found a better ball for my game.

Bridgestone rocks! I used the live chat feature and "Jeff" recommended either an e7 or a B330RX. I attended a Bridgestone ball-fitting session last night. After hitting the e6, the tech suggested an e7. I got 13 more yards (according to the LM) with the e7. He gave me a sleeve of e7s and B330RXs. I have been using an e6, but I'm losing some distance with it appparently.

So Bridgestone had their ball fittings from 9am - 2pm today at the Safari Golf course by the Columbus Zoo. I showed up around 10:30 only to find out that they had closed up shop due to the heavy rain. I caught them coming out of the pro shop and struck up a conversation. (Hard to miss them since the two guys were covered from head to toe in Bridgestone attire.) So they stood there, in the rain, and talked to me about my ball of choice. He asked me my handicap, approximate swing speed, and explained how, without looking at me using their swing analysis gear, that the E6 would be my best bet. So he handed me a sleeve and told me to give them a try. Then, told me that they were going to be at Golf Galaxy the following day, to stop by, and that he would look at my swing and give me more free balls.

The dude was very cool to talk with. And in the rain to boot!!

I'm not able to stop by Golf Galaxy tomorrow, because I have to head back to Cleveland. Hopefully I can catch back up to these guys real soon. (I guess he's based out of Indianapolis.)

I can't wait to try the E6.

-Scott

Re: Bridgestone Ball Fitting Question...

imscottr said:
So Bridgestone had their ball fittings from 9am - 2pm today at the Safari Golf course by the Columbus Zoo. I showed up around 10:30 only to find out that they had closed up shop due to the heavy rain. I caught them coming out of the pro shop and struck up a conversation. (Hard to miss them since the two guys were covered from head to toe in Bridgestone attire.) So they stood there, in the rain, and talked to me about my ball of choice. He asked me my handicap, approximate swing speed, and explained how, without looking at me using their swing analysis gear, that the E6 would be my best bet. So he handed me a sleeve and told me to give them a try. Then, told me that they were going to be at Golf Galaxy the following day, to stop by, and that he would look at my swing and give me more free balls.

The dude was very cool to talk with. And in the rain to boot!!

I'm not able to stop by Golf Galaxy tomorrow, because I have to head back to Cleveland. Hopefully I can catch back up to these guys real soon. (I guess he's based out of Indianapolis.)

I can't wait to try the E6.

-Scott
Awesome post Scott! You'll love the E6 too. I've used it the past 2 years and just switched to the B330-S after my GG ball fitting. You love a little softness with the E6 compared to the E5 but the ball flight is consistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgestone rocks! I used the live chat feature and "Jeff" recommended either an e7 or a B330RX. I attended a Bridgestone ball-fitting session last night. After hitting the e6, the tech suggested an e7. I got 13 more yards (according to the LM) with the e7. He gave me a sleeve of e7s and B330RXs. I have been using an e6, but I'm losing some distance with it appparently.

They're correct. The e6 is designed to reduce sidespin to help control a slice/hook ballflight. The e7 is designed to lower trajectory to create a more penetrating ball flight. So if you don't need the sidespin reduction from the e6, the e7 will be a better ball for you.

Back