Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Blade

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Mallet

Votes: 38 29.2%

• Total voters

aca247

Reaction score
what type of putter do you use i use a mallet but if my putting stroke is like i want it i will use my blade

I prefer heel-shafted blade styled putters.

My current putter is an Odyssey Dual Force II #2. Not a true blade, it's actually more along the lines of the old Ping Cushin style. But it's heel-shafted and that means everything to me.

Overall, I'd say it's one of the best putters I've ever used.

-JP

An old Slotline, blade all the way.

Anser style with a plumbers neck Never Compromise blade. Short and stubby.

Nike Unitized Mako mallet putter

Anser style with a plumbers neck Never Compromise blade. Short and stubby.

im jealous. it also says you use a 31 inch putter out of curiosity how tall are you

34" knight virage blade that i grip down to 32" and attempt to forward press like phil... i also painted it black...
its a really old putter that ill never trade no matter how bad it treats me... (it was my dads)

Re: What Type of Putter do you use

Blade with a half shaft offset and an insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im jealous. it also says you use a 31 inch putter out of curiosity how tall are you

I'm 5'7" but I crouch over the ball. When trying out new putters (which the demo ones are rarely 33") I look like I'm trying a belly putter because I grip down so far.

Im usually a mid mallet kinda guy. Best of both worlds in one.

Spank818 said:
I'm 5'7" but I crouch over the ball. When trying out new putters (which the demo ones are rarely 33") I look like I'm trying a belly putter because I grip down so far.
You should just say it's your 'kick stand'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im usually a mid mallet kinda guy. Best of both worlds in one.

i was waiting for a mid-mallet answer or vote. i figured someone would use one from their starter set

i was waiting for a mid-mallet answer or vote. i figured someone would use one from their starter set

Starter set? lol My SeeMore is a midmallet. But today I picked up one of the Odyssey BackStrikes, I think thats a full mallet. Then theres the Cleveland and Odyssey #9 styles that I think are both more mid mallet.

Starter set? lol My SeeMore is a midmallet. But today I picked up one of the Odyssey BackStrikes, I think thats a full mallet. Then theres the Cleveland and Odyssey #9 styles that I think are both more mid mallet.

I could see the smiles in the managers' eyes whenever they see you walk in.

no definetely not seemore i didnt mean any disrespect i meant someone who is just starting that is using a mid mallet from a starter set

Guerin Rife Two-Bar Hybrid Belly Putter..... Put it in play for the first time today... Feels smooth!

Got the seemore m7 today. Gave me shivers just pullign it out of the box. oooooooooooooh baby

I use a Scotty California. I love the anser style. So far it is my favorite putter.

T.P. Mills.

There's not much press on these, but a neat little history (check out the gallery page).

SC Newport 2.5. It has minimal offset. It was originally 35" and I cut it to 34", like the feel much better. I put a crown jumbo grip on it and it's money.

This one:

IMG_1928Medium.jpg

and this one:

IMG_1412Medium.jpg

Blade. IMO they have the best feel and feedback. I have trouble controlling my distance and I dont get the same feedback with a mallet putter. Mid-mallets are OK, but they have a dead feel to them compared to a true blade.
One of my favorite putters of all time was an old Ping J-Blade.

Blade.

However I'm looking for a mallet for my backup putter.

i've only ever played a blade putter, anser style. i have nothing against the mallet styled putters, i jut never think about picking one up. i've had 2 putter in my 6 year golfing career.

Back