Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I'm still pretty new to golf so my Wilson Hope LX clubs are good for me. But when I get better, are there better women clubs out there? Suggestions on finding new clubs? When will I need new ones?

TIA :)

I'm still pretty new to golf so my Wilson Hope LX clubs are good for me. But when I get better, are there better women clubs out there? Suggestions on finding new clubs? When will I need new ones?

TIA :)

Unfortunately, there aren't a ton of options for ladies clubs. Well let me rephrase, they are out there but not like the guys. All the brands carry them they just don't have as many options. That doesn't mean you can't find a great set that works well for you.

It's a shame Nikent went out of business because they were my favorite for ladies clubs, I loved the look and the forgiveness. Another set that I really liked, as long as you can get past the thick hybrid look, is the Cleveland Bloom set. Here is a review on those The Hackers Paradise Cleveland Bloom Ladies Set Review.

Adams makes a pretty good set too, it is really up to personal taste. Just like anything else with golf equipment, the best thing to do is test them out at your local golf shop and then make sure to get fitted.

Last edited:
I believe Callaway and Ping make clubs specifically for women. You may want to check their websites.

you are correct = ) I have just never tried them so I don't know much about them. Hopefully, you can find them at your local golf shop and get a chance to test them out.

I bought these for my wife last Mother's Day after she had tried several brands. She really likes them so far and I am pretty sure Adams and Keri Golf have come out with other options in the last few months.

Adams & Keri Golf Join Forces

adams_tech_a4OS_keri_Set.jpg

There's a huge choice out there! Every brand carries a ladies line as far as I know.

My starter set was from Lynx, I used them for the first 2 years. They took me from a 45 handicap to a 7! I sold them and bought a set of custom made Titleist ladies irons. I've had these 4 years but my swing has changed dramatically since then so I may look in the spring at changing again.

The best thing is to try as many as you can and buy what is the most comfortable for you. Have fun shopping.:D

A couple of those may still be available, but are not being manufactured right now.

There's a huge choice out there! Every brand carries a ladies line as far as I know.

Actually it is shrinking quite fast. Nike does not have one in production right now. Nor does Taylormade. In fact many of the big ones are not producing them in 2010.

Every brand carries a ladies line as far as I know.

I think Titleist is the only major brand that has no designated women's line.

Callaway has a new complete set of womens clus that they just released. I don't know anythig about them but one would think that they would be loaded with all the new tech and toys. As for when you want to get new clubs well that is up to you. I bought a starter set when I got back into golf about 6 years ago and and have moved up piece by piece until I have what is in my bag now and I am getting ready to get them custom fitted. So do it when you want to, you don't have to wait to "wear out" a set before you get new clubs.

I'm new to this sight so take it what it's worth. I was checking out all the topics when I came across this post. Just wanted to pass on what I think was a great deal. I have been looking for clubs for my neice for her birthday when I saw that Rockbottomgolf.com put the ladies Nickent 3dx rc complete set on sale for $199. I picked her up a set with the white color scheme. I might be a little biased because I play a lot of Nickent clubs, but that set is gorgeous. Well worth the money. Unfortunately Nickent went out of business, but I think for the money, no better set of clubs could be found.

Just passing on what I thought was a great deal.

I just bought Jenn a couple of Cobra S9 1 Fairway woods. I know they are last years model, but that allowed me to get a good deal on them. The 5 wood came in yesterday, of course we went to the range and she hit it well.

I know this topic was started almost 5 months ago but maybe someone will be interested...
My girl friend is looking to move up from her beginners set and she is looking (and likes) the Adams (lady's) A70S complete set. She has tried everything out there and keeps coming back to that set.

jenn plays with an adams iron set that she has had for about 5 years now, she loves them

jenn plays with an adams iron set that she has had for about 5 years now, she loves them

Five years?? Time for new clubs!

Five years?? Time for new clubs!

Well if she comes with me to the Quint State Outing you can tell her that...haha

I have tried to get her in to a new set but she likes what she has

Well if she comes with me to the Quint State Outing you can tell her that...haha

I have tried to get her in to a new set but she likes what she has

She'd better come to the Quint State. We need for the women to outnumber the men.

I started with a set of Square Two Kathy Whitworth clubs and they were great for someone getting into the game. Square Two still is in business and appears to make quite a few ladies sets.

For my wife on Mothers day, I traded in a her set of 06 Callaway's for the Callaway edge Driver, 5 w, hybrids and irons. She kept her sand wedge and putter.

So far, she is loves them .. and me too. :smile:

I started with a set of Square Two Kathy Whitworth clubs and they were great for someone getting into the game. Square Two still is in business and appears to make quite a few ladies sets.

Sqaure Two is actually owned by Adams and you are right they are great clubs!

Sqaure Two is actually owned by Adams and you are right they are great clubs!

I didn't know that! I tried some Adams clubs a few weeks ago at a demo day and have my eyes on a few of their fairway woods as potential replacements for my old school MacGregors. So glad to know that my Square Twos came from a good company. I've passed my Square Twos onto my mom, who is just starting. Perfect for her.

I didn't know that! I tried some Adams clubs a few weeks ago at a demo day and have my eyes on a few of their fairway woods as potential replacements for my old school MacGregors. So glad to know that my Square Twos came from a good company. I've passed my Square Twos onto my mom, who is just starting. Perfect for her.

They are great clubs. They were aquired by Adams in 2007 here is a video we shot regarding them from the 2010 PGA Merchandise Show.

Right--chances are that when you bought yours, Mary, they were independent.

Back