Cleveland 588 MB Irons

Anyone still gaming these or can compare to some of the newer Mizuno offerings? Came across a pretty good deal on a set of these and am now in hard ponder mode.

Anyone still gaming these or can compare to some of the newer Mizuno offerings? Came across a pretty good deal on a set of these and am now in hard ponder mode.

Im not, but not because of the irons, just because I like something with more forgiviness. THey are fantastic irons if someone prefers the muscleback club.

Im not, but not because of the irons, just because I like something with more forgiviness. THey are fantastic irons if someone prefers the muscleback club.

Thanks for the info JB. Can anyone chime in on how these compare to the newer Mizuno offerings (mp-54/15)? I hit the new 15's this year and they felt great, but these Cleveland's are a 1/3rd of the price...

You're going to lose some forgiveness there. I haven't hit the 588 blades for over two years, so not sure I can compare feel for you.

You're going to lose some forgiveness there. I haven't hit the 588 blades for over two years, so not sure I can compare feel for you.

Agreed. I would think the closer comparison would be the CB. Which have a very small profile.

True that. In comparison the CB's have a little more crack to them at impact than the 54's did. I'd take the CB's all day there. Still have them in fact. Just waiting for the day where I get good at golf to use them.

True that. In comparison the CB's have a little more crack to them at impact than the 54's did. I'd take the CB's all day there. Still have them in fact. Just waiting for the day where I get good at golf to use them.

I love the CBs. One of the best looking irons to date in my opinion and had a really small profile for those that enjoy the look.

I'm with you there. Very timeless design.

Thanks for the info JB. Can anyone chime in on how these compare to the newer Mizuno offerings (mp-54/15)? I hit the new 15's this year and they felt great, but these Cleveland's are a 1/3rd of the price...

Haven't hit the new MP line yet, but the 588's I liked more than the MP-54, Mp-68 and 69. These were very clean looking and well performing irons, and a little more enjoyable when replaced with KBS Tours opposed to the stock S300's I had in them.

Back