Renewing or joining in 2015 or not

I planned on joining but heard a rumour they upped the price, so i'll wait and see what it is going to be now.

I really wish I could join a private club right near my office. I think if we got in my wife and kids would really enjoy it, however its very cost prohibitive.

With my pending move, I will be moving away from Bedford Hills, but it will put me in a location about equidistant from 3-4 good courses (including BHGC). I will be closer to The Legacy, my personal favorite. Sand Wedge GC I also plan on checking out, a few people have told me it's much nicer than it looks from the road. But with my parents moving up here I am sure I will be playing many rounds at Bedford Hills still since they will be living there.

I am not positive. I'v been at the same course for the last 3 years. The first year the conditions were not good. They hired a new greenskeeper who came in with a solid plan of attack. Things last year were much improved. This year is the best shape the course has been in for probably a solid decade. The place is close to my current residence so that makes it nice. They raised rates this past year, and rumor is they will be doing so again. I also heard this greenskeeper is leaving for another course nearby.

I'll be renewing, the pool for the family is just too good to pass up and bundle it all up together!

For the last couple of years I've had a pass to my home course's 9-hole/practice/range facility which is very nice.

In 2015, time and funds permitting, I will look at upgrading to a full membership which will give me access to two 18-hole layouts plus the stuff I had on the smaller pass. This will be a big jump though and it might have to wait until 2016.

I will be at my course again next year, its just to good a deal of a deal to leave

For the last couple of years I've had a pass to my home course's 9-hole/practice/range facility which is very nice.

In 2015, time and funds permitting, I will look at upgrading to a full membership which will give me access to two 18-hole layouts plus the stuff I had on the smaller pass. This will be a big jump though and it might have to wait until 2016.

that still Lymann?

I'm undecided been playing several different courses and like the variety.

I'm not joining a private club, but I am going to buy a discount card for the local links style layout. Love the course and how it drains so it's a no brainer. Didn't go with an unlimited play membership because I only play 30-35 rounds a year, and it takes around 35-40 rounds to even break even on it. Plus, I like to mix up the courses I play a little bit, so I really can't see playing more than 15 or so rounds at this course in a year.

I don't think I'm going to join at my course next year. I just don't have the time to play enough to make it worth it anymore.

Price and non-yearound playability prohibit me from a club membership.

golfnow for me - 86 bookings so far this year ... just like playing different courses ...... for cheap.

PLUS the most irritating thing is EVERY one of the courses in my area still charge a cart fee ... so even if you pay for a full membership, play is never free unless you can walk.

I won't be getting the 20 round pass that I got again next year, I play a majority of my rounds during the week and it always seemed like they had an event going on when I wanted to play.

Didn't have a membership this year, which was a drag. We are currently looking, however the closest clubs worth joining are 30 mins away. Would like something closer, however Firestone is a bit out of the budget.

Might get a practice area membership, but that's about it. Struggle with that too since it's a good 25 minutes from home.

Wish the clubs close by offered a reasonable priced membership. I am looking for a place that offers a package deal for rounds

Wish the clubs close by offered a reasonable priced membership. I am looking for a place that offers a package deal for rounds
Northview sells a 12 round pass for $790 or a Mon-Fri season pass for $3000.
Lol that's still crazy expensive.

I'll be renewing my membership at good ole Bushwood next year. We get a family pass for a ridiculous price and it's just a great place to play on Sunday mornings with all the people that we do. it's also close enough that I can get there in a short period of time and it's near my daily path of travel.

Not to mention, I love to see Rambler make 7's on all the par 5's when he plays with us :p

Already switched to a much better course. Had a very good deal going on if paid for before December 31st. Maddog and I jumped on in September becsuse we get the rest of this year included. $625 a piece for Maddog and I for the rest of this year all of 2015 and a punch card worth 50 18 hole cart rides.

a real good deal that leaves some extra pocket change to hit a few thp events in 2015. :golf:

Seems like a good mix so far of what people are planning on in 2015.

Some interesting things going on around here that I need to check into that may influence what I do with my range/practice next yr.

Im joining for the 1st time as I plan to play a lot and I hear the club has a great mens golf assoc.

I cannot wait to renew at my club this year. It's only a semi-private establishment, but it's a great track (in my opinion), and they only charge $600 for the season. Weekend green fees are $60 during the summer months, and I plan to play much more than 10 rounds this summer, so it's a no brainer for me. The course charges $15 per round for carts, but I bring the guys some Yuengling early in the season, and the $15 charge disappears. The best part about the membership is that they only charge my guests $25 to play.

Since I had to take this entire year off golf (project at work), I look forward to making up for it next year. I also plan on taking some road trips to play in THP events, so if this year plays out like I have it envisioned, 2015 will be an epic golf year for me.

Back