Forgiving long iron help.

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok folks. I have a set of irons that I purchased from wal-mart. I often have trouble hitting the longest iron. (5 iron) I found a good deal on a set of Ping G15 irons 3-PW plus the sand wedge. The thing is.... I don't know if I can hit a 3 iron. I am thinking that with the forgiveness of the ping irons, I can hit it but I just don't know. DO you think that the forgiveness of the pings can help me hit the 3 and 4 irons?

Re: Forgiving long iron help.

Bag the 3 and 4 irons and get hybrids or a hybrid and a wedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty, probably not much. Why not just order 5-PW and then use the hybrids you have?

I play a one, three, & four hybrid then 5-pw,gw, lw.. Play what makes the game more fun and easier on your stress level :eek:)!

its on ebay.... I really like the deal.... I can't ask him just to sell me 5-Pw.

its on ebay.... I really like the deal.... I can't ask him just to sell me 5-Pw.

If it's a really good deal, what do you have to loose? You can always pick up the hybrids later. Hey Birthdays, Christmas, Good grades in school day, etc. etc.

Jb I knew you were gonna say that. No because I am still growing and I don't wonna get fit and then grow another foot lol.

Jb I knew you were gonna say that. No because I am still growing and I don't wonna get fit and then grow another foot lol.

You can always get refit thought. Buying clubs that do not fit your game, you would be better off sticking with what you have. Save your money. Just my opinion.

If it's a really good deal, what do you have to loose? You can always pick up the hybrids later. Hey Birthdays, Christmas, Good grades in school day, etc. etc.

yeah my dad is paying for half of them so I really don't have anything to lose. But if i hate the 3/4 irons and trade them in my dad won't be happy... lol

Jb. can you buy clubs and then get them fit?

Jb. can you buy clubs and then get them fit?

In some cases, but not really in G15s. Harder metal used in casting. Ping has a great fitting system that makes it very easy for someone to find out which set works best for them.

Clay, you know that my hybrid is too short and so I use my 3 and 4 irons instead. Mine aren't too forgiving but once you get used to hitting them they are easier. Don't try to swing hard and they are easier to hit. Now I am barely using my 3W because i got alot of practice in with my lower irons and I'm hitting them pretty well.

yeah my dad is paying for half of them so I really don't have anything to lose. But if i hate the 3/4 irons and trade them in my dad won't be happy... lol

I do agree with JB on the fitting. Maybe if they are standard lie you can live with that. If they are 2 up or 2 down it might really cause some problems.. If they are standard you might even like the 3 & 4 irons. Most young bucks can handle the long irons farily well.

its standard

not going to bite on those.

Back