Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Driver Review

The launch on this thing is just silly awesome. Yesterday reminded me of that.

What a fun driver.

The launch on this thing is just silly awesome. Yesterday reminded me of that.

What a fun driver.

Agreed, looking forward to finally getting mine back on the course this weekend

CJ this is right up your alley.

Gave in and bought one of these. First time out, shot a 76 and just striped fairways all day. Lowest round of the year for me. Love the feel, sound, look, weight, adjustability, grip, shaft, and...well thats all I can think of right now. Oh yea I love the distance as well. Hit some places with the driver I havn't been in a while. This driver just sets up perfect for me. Honeymoon phase? I don't think so, this one is staying in the bag.

Nice man, glad you're enjoying it so far. Its got launch for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays.

This may have already been covered but I'll asked again. How does this driver respond to misses high on the face?

This may have already been covered but I'll asked again. How does this driver respond to misses high on the face?

Quite well, moreso than Bertha for me to be honest (its close, but its better).

I get away with a LOT high off the face.

I'll also add, anyone looking for a driver and struggles getting the ball up really should look here.

Quite well, moreso than Bertha for me to be honest (its close, but its better).

I get away with a LOT high off the face.

I'll also add, anyone looking for a driver and struggles getting the ball up really should look here.

Thanks James. I'll be taking some swings with this one at the end of the month. My buddy T0AD has one that I can hit a few with on the range.

Thanks James. I'll be taking some swings with this one at the end of the month. My buddy T0AD has one that I can hit a few with on the range.

Thinking I might need to give it a swing or 2 myself.

Did Callaway build this driver with ME in mind?

I'm flattered!

I just got my V Series yesterday for my 40th b-day. I got it on the range and was crushing the ball. I will be on the course with it tomorrow and give a report. So far, i am liking this driver.

I just got my V Series yesterday for my 40th b-day. I got it on the range and was crushing the ball. I will be on the course with it tomorrow and give a report. So far, i am liking this driver.
That's awesome...good luck on the course tomorrow

Another day with this one in the bag yesterday and it's funny how comfortable I am with it. The fact that I had to turn it down to 9.5 says enough about the launch but the misses are where it continues to shine, especially high on the face.

And no, the 42g shaft STILL isn't whippy. Hahahaha

So I got the V series on the course Friday. This driver is awesome. First drive split the fairway down the middle. It was about 240 yards, with a nice easy swing. I had a few mishits and still got it out there and right down the middle of the fairway. The one time I stepped on it, hit a nice draw about 255 without any roll because of wet conditions. Highly recommend this club.

I liked this Driver so much, I am in serious ponder for the V series 3 wood with the Speeder shaft. Anyone have the 3 wood?

Another day with this one in the bag yesterday and it's funny how comfortable I am with it. The fact that I had to turn it down to 9.5 says enough about the launch but the misses are where it continues to shine, especially high on the face.

And no, the 42g shaft STILL isn't whippy. Hahahaha

Dang buddy this is really appealing to me. :in-love:

Either no one is buying this driver, or everyone that does loves it. I have'nt seen any used ones up for sale as yet.

As for me, I demoed the 3 wood, loved it, so the pro bought out the driver which had only arrived that week, loved it as well, now also have the 7 wood.

I have notched up my longest drive on the course at a total of 244m which is 20m further than the previous record, and it is just stupid easy to hit, and for me very anti right, as my go to shot is a straight block which normally puts me on the next fairway or worse if there is trouble right.

I picked up a V Series 10.5° Stiff shaft this week.
Has anyone experimented with different shafts yet?
I have a Mitsubishi Diamana D+ (White Board) 72 Stiff Flex fitted in by X2 Hot driver at the moment. I’m going to spend a bit of range time with the V Series over the weekend and may be swap the shafts over, just out of interest, and hopefully put it play on Sunday.

Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Driver Review

I played 4 different shafts in the head during review at the end to see how the head itself would react. If you keep an eye on the swing weight it's fine, my head was 198g to the Berthas 204g IIRC.

Stock out performed some very expensive shafts.

Any know if you can go with the 9 degree head and the 42 - 45 gram Bassera shaft which if I AM reading correct is only stock on the 10.5 or higher head.

Any know if you can go with the 9 degree head and the 42 - 45 gram Bassera shaft which if I AM reading correct is only stock on the 10.5 or higher head.

You can order it that way.

Thanks Jman, this one is of interest to me just because in a way it takes me back to when almost everyone played Callaway drivers, starting with Bertha through the great big bertha. I like to have extra drivers laying around, the thing I will have to look at closely is the amount of carry I can get from the higher spin head, but it might be fun to just have one of these.

Back