Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to get a baby! :D

My rant, Johnson and Johnson just recalled ALL of their infant/baby medicine, and of course, Baby Sacul is teething like MAD! He just cut another lower, and another upper is just starting to show. So, daddy got all of 4 hours of interrupted sleep last night, Baby Sacul probably got less.

Sitting there in the rocking chair with a baby moaning/crying in tired pain while half asleep on your shoulder at 3am... it just breaks your heart that you cant help him more.

My parents said they used to rub some whiskey on my gums. Not enough that I would really ingest it but just enough to numb the pain. Feeling helpless when you child is in pain must be so hard to deal with. I read all about the Johnson & Johnson recall...everything I read said to talk to your pharmacist about getting generic versions that are safe but under no circumstances give a lower dosage of adult medicine it could be really bad for the baby.

You need to get a baby! :D

My rant, Johnson and Johnson just recalled ALL of their infant/baby medicine, and of course, Baby Sacul is teething like MAD! He just cut another lower, and another upper is just starting to show. So, daddy got all of 4 hours of interrupted sleep last night, Baby Sacul probably got less.

Sitting there in the rocking chair with a baby moaning/crying in tired pain while half asleep on your shoulder at 3am... it just breaks your heart that you cant help him more.

hey man, been there recently as well. go to your local health food store and find some CAMELIA!!! it's amazing, it's natural and it works. little foster cut 9 teeth in 4 days and this stuff helped get all of us through the night.

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=3335

Hey I gotta try that. 9 teeth in 4 days? Holy cow is he the Hulk? :D

close, he's 18 months old, weighs in at 32 lbs, is 34'' long, and has all his teeth in. he's gonna be a monster. but hey, two chihuahua's don't make a great dane.

close, he's 18 months old, weighs in at 32 lbs, is 34'' long, and has all his teeth in. he's gonna be a monster. but hey, two chihuahua's don't make a great dane.

I hear that. I have a 2.5 year old that doesn't even come close to that weight and height. Our description of him is 'svelte'. I'm just happy he's got his mother's metabolism.

Thanks all.

We use a frozen washcloth soaked in apple juice/water mix, he really likes to chew on that. Oraljel seems to work for about an hour. Might have to try that Camilia.

And yes, I will be stopping at Walmart on the way home to pick up some generics, we just didnt have any in the house last night.

10 months old now, and he has 7 teeth now... still many more to come! :beat-up:

I hear that. I have a 2.5 year old that doesn't even come close to that weight and height. Our description of him is 'svelte'. I'm just happy he's got his mother's metabolism.

haha! well, foster's momma is 6' and you've seen me, the boy's just gonna be tall. i can't wait, in about 15 years i'll have roy williams calling me.

Thanks all.

We use a frozen washcloth soaked in apple juice/water mix, he really likes to chew on that. Oraljel seems to work for about an hour. Might have to try that Camilia.

And yes, I will be stopping at Walmart on the way home to pick up some generics, we just didnt have any in the house last night.

10 months old now, and he has 7 teeth now... still many more to come! :beat-up:

i think that oragel causes more harm than good. also, cut up some bagels and freeze them, that way he can eat and sooth at the same time.

i think that oragel causes more harm than good. also, cut up some bagels and freeze them, that way he can eat and sooth at the same time.

Really? how so?

haha! well, foster's momma is 6' and you've seen me, the boy's just gonna be tall. i can't wait, in about 15 years i'll have roy williams calling me.

You guys definitely have the 'big' gene in your family. Urban Meyer might come a callin' too. Pro sports are pretty much a pipe dream in my family (except maybe for golf) as most pros require the gift of height. I'll be leaning them towards the 'geek' or 'arts' curve. Maybe acting or the next Nobel Prize winner. Ahhhh a dad can only dream.

the wife worked in a health food store, so she's big on the natural, herbal stuff. but our pediatrician told us that some of the ingredients in the oragel can sometimes iritate the gums more. all it's really doing is numbing the area in the first place. oragel has benzocaine in it which is really just a numbing solution.

check out this article, it will shed some light on oragel for you:

http://www.hippiedippiebebe.com/health/orajel-benzocaine-safe-babies/

You guys definitely have the 'big' gene in your family. Urban Meyer might come a callin' too. Pro sports are pretty much a pipe dream in my family (except maybe for golf) as most pros require the gift of height. I'll be leaning them towards the 'geek' or 'arts' curve. Maybe acting or the next Nobel Prize winner. Ahhhh a dad can only dream.

maybe your kids could be foster's agent or something. i mean, they'll be good at math right? (sorry dude)

Frozen waffles: He can chew on it and its nice and cold to help numb his mouth :)

Frozen waffles worked well with my kids. We used Orajel a couple of times, but they liked the waffles the best.

I know what you mean. My boys (14 and 16 yo) are both taller than me, but I don't think they'll get much taller. They're both 5' 10" and built well (my 16 yo is ~200lbs, benches 230, squats 300 and deadlifts 440), and are pretty athletic, but will never get to the size to play their favorite sports (football and lacrosse) professionally.

badminton? ping-pong?

badminton? ping-pong?

Horse racing jockey?

NASCAR driver?

I could see my older one getting into NASCAR. The boy loves his cars. We thought it would be a phase but he's pretty much loved them from when he could start playing.

Don't even say gymnastics because we don't have the 'grace' gene.

NASCAR (or any motor racing) is definitely a smaller and lighter is better sport. Not too many really tall drivers. A few, but not many.

NASCAR (or any motor racing) is definitely a smaller and lighter is better sport. Not too many really tall drivers. A few, but not many.

But not exactly the safest though. That's like saying I want my kid to grow up so he can work on the bomb squad as a bomb diffuser. I'd rather he cure cancer.

im trying to get on at our sister course... but the old lady that works the shop should not be in a customer service type environment... all thats missing from her outfit today is a broom and a pointy hat... ppl person she is not

im trying to get on at our sister course... but the old lady that works the shop should not be in a customer service type environment... all thats missing from her outfit today is a broom and a pointy hat... ppl person she is not

ha! throw a bucket of water on her and see what happens.

Why do people insist on referring to a team as 'their team?' For instance...."I'm glad to see my Turnips playing so well" Excuse me, unless you own them they're not your team, no matter how much you spend on tickets, merchandise, etc. They're not 'your' team. I have season tix to the New York Jets and I've never referred to them as 'my' team.

Why do people insist on referring to a team as 'their team?' For instance...."I'm glad to see my Turnips playing so well" Excuse me, unless you own them they're not your team, no matter how much you spend on tickets, merchandise, etc. They're not 'your' team. I have season tix to the New York Jets and I've never referred to them as 'my' team.

That's OK, I wouldn't want to be associated with the Jets either. :laughing:

-JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back