Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can you contuine to say this over and over? please enlighten us on how you can foresee the future to know that this kid would do no harm? all you are going by is a video that again you get to watch AFTER the fact?

They did have the situation under control by having all the security people after him. The kid wasn't getting away or wasn't going to do anything harmful to anyone, with or without taser.

roll_eyes.jpg

This is exactly the truth. This is why police use handcuffs before and after arrest. It is for the safety of all that are around. After tragedies we always come back and say "they should have done more". Well this time they did and it worked.

Totally different situation. When someone gets cuffed before being arrested, it almost always means that that person is under suspicion for committing a crime. And the cop who did it is probably alone. He doesn't want to have to worry about the person running off or something like that while he deals w/ the situation. Plus, he's not putting thousands of volts of electriciy into the "suspect". That's a different deal and it's understandable.

The cop in that situation isn't in the middle of a lighted enclosed ballpark w/ half a dozen other officers as backup at his disposal.

still waiting for this to be addressed. and by do nothing in case you dont understand I mean wait till its to late to have done something to prevent something bad from happening...

tell me this, if some loon was running around your meat packing plant would you do nothing? lets say theres a history, a couple of loons a few years ago were running around your plant and jumped your co-worker and beat the crap outta of him, still nothing huh? bottom line you have no idea what anyone is capable of and unless your in the moment you cant say someone is harmless and do nothing...

how can you contuine to say this over and over? please enlighten us on how you can foresee the future to know that this kid would do no harm? all you are going by is a video that again you get to watch AFTER the fact?

The kid was running away. He had nothing on him that he could obviously use against anyone. All of that the cops should have seen and realized WHILE IT HAPPENED. There were multiple people after him within 20 feet of him.

Catch him, tackle him and arrest him. It's how it's been done for decades now.

My point with the analogy was that appearance tells you nothing about what a person might be thinking. This kid looked innocent enough, but who is to say what he has in his pockets. Maybe he hates the Cardinals and was going to throw a hand grenade in the dugout or bullpen to wipe out some of the team because they pose the biggest threat to his beloved Phillies this season. The Cardinals were batting so most of the team was in the dugout, it would have been the perfect time. The more I think about it, I bet that is what he planned to do.

As you watch him run onto the field, are you 100% certain that he didn't have a grenade or a gun in his pocket? It looks like he had cargo shorts on, certainly enough room to hold one or two. He could have had a small .22 semi-auto pistol also. If you are security on the field, you certainly don't have time to make sure either. You tase him before he has a chance to use the weapon he had.

If an idiot is running onto the field there isn't time to do a psych evaluation, strip search, and background check to see what the intentions are.

still waiting for this to be addressed. and by do nothing in case you dont understand I mean wait till its to late to have done something to prevent something bad from happening...

Why do you think I'm advocating we shouldn't do "nothing"? Again, I asked this earlier a couple of times already. When did I ever say that I'm saying we should do nothing?

A person who comes into my workplace who isn't affiliated w/ the company in any way is taken seriously. However, buying tasers to deal w/ a potential problem w/ them isn't on our list of options of ways to deal with it.

I'm adding this thread to my 'ignore list' there's way too much sense being made right now lol
My point with the analogy was that appearance tells you nothing about what a person might be thinking. This kid looked innocent enough, but who is to say what he has in his pockets. Maybe he hates the Cardinals and was going to throw a hand grenade in the dugout or bullpen to wipe out some of the team because they pose the biggest threat to his beloved Phillies this season. The Cardinals were batting so most of the team was in the dugout, it would have been the perfect time. The more I think about it, I bet that is what he planned to do.

As you watch him run onto the field, are you 100% certain that he didn't have a grenade or a gun in his pocket? It looks like he had cargo shorts on, certainly enough room to hold one or two. He could have had a small .22 semi-auto pistol also. If you are security on the field, you certainly don't have time to make sure either. You tase him before he has a chance to use the weapon he had.

If an idiot is running onto the field there isn't time to do a psych evaluation, strip search, and background check to see what the intentions are.

how can you contuine to say this over and over when this just in, you werent on the field! oh yeah welcome to 2010

He had nothing on him that he could obviously use against anyone. It's how it's been done for decades now.

good idea thanks and great post STL fan!

one last thing I HOPE you are never in need of a law enforcement officer in any dangerous situation. good luck I'm out

If he has something and wants to use it, the cops would have been able to see it. And then, by all means, they should use everything at their disposal to take the person down.

Why take the extreme route without having any real reason to think a person means harm on others?

Isn't physically apprehending them and arresting them doing enough?

Back from the criminal minds and law enforcement of the insane.

Gasman, what happened to Kershaw last night.

Go CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.. Figured I'd get that out.

If he has something and wants to use it, the cops would have been able to see it. And then, by all means, they should use everything at their disposal to take the person down.

Why take the extreme route without having any real reason to think a person means harm on others?

Isn't physically apprehending them and arresting them doing enough?

You have said your point over and over and over again. SO has everybody else. ENOUGH with this stuff and lets get this one back about baseball.

and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

how bout them Rays! 5-2 over Seattle to move to a MLB best 19-7 and Big Game James with another very strong outing to move to 4-0

Twins go for the sweep against the Tigers tonight.

Yay!

Maybe we should just list our favorite teams for a while to get this back on track.

I obviously like the Cardinals. It looks like yoccos like the Cubs - BOOO!! We know Gasman is a Dodgers fan. Thanks likes the Phillies. Golf Chick goes to Angels games. Mo and Small like the Royals (sorry fellas). Sunday Hacker seems to root for the Rays. Anyone else?

Gasman, what happened to Kershaw last night.

Haha, he got rocked. He has had problems with his curve ball not breaking this year. Last night his curve ball seemed to be breaking but his fastball was flat. Go figure. Dodgers pitching is a mess this year.

Haha, he got rocked. He has had problems with his curve ball not breaking this year. Last night his curve ball seemed to be breaking but his fastball was flat. Go figure. Dodgers pitching is a mess this year.

I was watching some of it and it reminded me of that game with Lefty from the movie 8 men out.

Maybe we should just list our favorite teams for a while to get this back on track.

I obviously like the Cardinals. It looks like yoccos like the Cubs - BOOO!! We know Gasman is a Dodgers fan. Thanks likes the Phillies. Golf Chick goes to Angels games. Mo and Small like the Royals (sorry fellas). Sunday Hacker seems to root for the Rays. Anyone else?

Spank, White Rhino, and Floppy have made it abundantly clear that they support the worst franchise on God's green earth, the defending world champion and the one team that represents all that is evil in the world, New York Yankees. (My attempt at self deprecation with no hidden agendas for all you conspiracy theorists out there)

so you think St. Louie can get it done and sign the Machine? seems like they really have no choice but to throw the bank at Albert. and yes I am a big Rays fan

and now a moment of silence for Spank,White Rhino and Floppy...

Spank, White Rhino, and Floppy have made it abundantly clear that they support the worst franchise on God's green earth, the defending world champion and the one team that represents all that is evil in the world, New York Yankees. (My attempt at self deprecation with no hidden agendas for all you conspiracy theorists out there)

I was watching some of it and it reminded me of that game with Lefty from the movie 8 men out.

I havent seeen that movie in a long time. The way I look at it is that Kershaw is still young, 22 I think, nights like last night are going to happen. He is going to need to clean it up though so he can catch up to Lincecum, Halladay, and Jimenez in the Cy Young race and make me look like a genius.

Yeah... ugh ... One day!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back