What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work CJ!!! Love seeing those 5 consecutive GIR's to finish the round!

43/41 today playing with j4u at plum creek. It got COLD after hole 8. Struggles hitting greens continues. Flying a lot of greens not trusting the new distances.

43/41 today playing with j4u at plum creek. It got COLD after hole 8. Struggles hitting greens continues. Flying a lot of greens not trusting the new distances.

Cold is an understatement...unless Real feel of 17° in a 21 mph wind is just cold. 44/39...thanks for the ball position help! Trust the new yardages already...fixed.

Cold is an understatement...unless Real feel of 17° in a 21 mph wind is just cold. 44/39...thanks for the ball position help! Trust the new yardages already...fixed.
Once you got the ball position fixed you were striking the ball really well. It's hard for me to pull out an 8i on 175yd shot when I'm so used to pulling 7i... like I said I don't like these irons. Too long lol

I guess you guys are getting it worse than we are. Still not too cold here but the wind has picked up considerably. I'm sure it won't be long till the temps follow suit No golf will be played my me in this crap lol

Shot a 41/47 88. 3 WTH was that shots killed the score today. But I'm not complaining, played golf with a great group of THPers.

You gave up a few on the 18th as we watched you come in. That green was brutal.

Crazy round. Crushing at 2 over after five then a quad and triple back to back. 48-41

A tale of 2 9's! Eliminating those blow up holes is the key for you. You would be in the low 80's consistently if you ever got that part figured out.

42-40/82
1 bad hole and that was a double on 9.

Quick greens with 4 or so diabolical pin locations.

Good day though, happy with where things are headed.

You played well; your approach shots were pretty spot on. Driver was a little loose and putting was good. That's a good score on that course with those fast greens and the wind.

43/41 for an 84.

As #Cookie said greens were tough and didn't putt well, but happy with the result.

Everyone in our group seemed to play a pretty good back 9 except for the fact that Cookie and Chris tried to break the retiree's home windows off the tee on 18. Was good to get out with everyone Sunday!

Last edited:
Super windy day yesterday. Figure two clubs into the wind. Managed to keep the ball in play off the tee and hammered out a nice 77 with one birdie.

You gave up a few on the 18th as we watched you come in. That green was brutal.

A tale of 2 9's! Eliminating those blow up holes is the key for you. You would be in the low 80's consistently if you ever got that part figured out.

You played well; your approach shots were pretty spot on. Driver was a little loose and putting was good. That's a good score on that course with those fast greens and the wind.

Everyone in our group seemed to play a pretty good back 9 expect for the fact that Cookie and Chris tried to break the retiree's home windows off the tee on 18. Was good to get out with everyone Sunday!
It was a decent round for 15 of the 18 holes. Did not finish like planned.

Played 3 different courses on my first ever boys trip away with 27 other guys from my club. On Friday we played Waitomo par 72 and I shot a 83. On Saturday we played Narrows par 72 and shot an 89, the greens were shocking having been cored and were covered in sand, chipping onto and putting was a lottery and so frustrating. On sunday we played Pio Pio par 70 and I shot a 82. I had never played any of these courses so I had to rely on my playing partners to tell me where to go, some holes were blind tee shots so their info was very helpful. At the end of the day I was happy with the scores from new courses to me.

89 (49/40). First nine was horrendous, just not in synch. Back 9 was better, I missed a short putt on #18 for a 39 and settled for a 40. Gorgeous New England day, almost short-sleeve weather. I played with a couple of good guys, had a couple of tasty cigars, and enjoyed the morning.

Shot a 32 today on a day that was warm but very windy. 4 birdies and no bogeys. Played pretty solid all the way around and made a few putts as well.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I was playing a 3 ball scramble with myself. Haha. More times than not though the first ball was the one I played every hole.

Shot a 32 today on a day that was warm but very windy. 4 birdies and no bogeys. Played pretty solid all the way around and made a few putts as well.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I was playing a 3 ball scramble with myself. Haha. More times than not though the first ball was the one I played every hole.
Nice 32 even though you were playing with yourself :)

Played The Oaks Course at Cannongate in The Woodlands, Tx. with some friends to celebrate one of their B-days (his 65th)
from a combo of Blue and White Tee Boxes measured about 6400 yards
Shot a fun but uneventful 79 with too many 3 jacks and some lackluster short shots

Played back nine first; shot 39/45-84. Made a 15 footer for birdie on 18 (the ninth hole) but blew a 5 footer and and 8 footer for birdie on the 8 and 9 (17th and 18th holes). Did finish with three straight pars though.

39 today, ho hum day of windy ass golf. Ball in play, ball on green.

Shot 60. Captains choice. Had a blast shaping the ball with grip changes. New to me…

Flew into Little Rock for work and landed a little before 2PM. Keep a set of clubs at a local hotel so got them and was at a local course around 2:30 - trying to get in a little golf before it gets cold later this week

Not a complete round but shot a 42 on the front 9 and was 2 over through on 5 holes on the back nine before the lights went out. Hit the ball better than I expected given I hadn't been out in three weeks and just got back from Italy on Saturday.

Shot a 91 today. Big problem chunking medium irons. Must have done it a dozen times today. Really frustrating. But a testament to the rest of my game today that I limited the damage from those chunks.

White Tees 6162 yards - Rating 69.9 - Slope 125
39/37 for a 76
4 bogies - no birdies - 14 pars
couldn't buy a putt, all over the hole, burning edges, lipping out, Rat Fart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back