Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent seeen that movie in a long time. The way I look at it is that Kershaw is still young, 22 I think, nights like last night are going to happen. He is going to need to clean it up though so he can catch up to Lincecum, Halladay, and Jimenez in the Cy Young race and make me look like a genius.

I think every young guy goes through it, but it was bad last night. I did not see it coming.

Yes we should.

+100, tase 'em all, at least that way they'll know it's coming

In honor of JB's request that this get back to baseball, I really need to find a new team to root for. The Royals are just killing me to the point that I can't even watch their games anymore this year. The bullpen is pathetic and they can't seem to give any run support for the starters anyway. Help me out and give me some other options, just nobody in the AL Central.

The Phillies would love your support Mo....Tase 'em Night at the ballpark should be fun....
+100, tase 'em all, at least that way they'll know it's coming

In honor of JB's request that this get back to baseball, I really need to find a new team to root for. The Royals are just killing me to the point that I can't even watch their games anymore this year. The bullpen is pathetic and they can't seem to give any run support for the starters anyway. Help me out and give me some other options, just nobody in the AL Central.

The Phillies would love your support Mo....Tase 'em Night at the ballpark should be fun....

That should be a nationwide event! I'm more of a AL fan going back to my days of playing, I liked batting but when I was pitching I preferred for the coach to use a DH.

That should be a nationwide event! I'm more of a AL fan going back to my days of playing, I liked batting but when I was pitching I preferred for the coach to use a DH.

I never really LIKED batting, but I absolutely hated it when pitching. If it were up to me I'd go out there, pitch 6-7 innings, and then bat!

and now a moment of silence for Spank,White Rhino and Floppy...

My moment consists of the following:

LETS GO YANKEES! LETS GO YANKEES! LETS GO YANKEES!

I would like an answer.

Should we tase everyone who runs onto the field?

Sure. Let's print it on all the tickets from now on.

I admit to not having read all 171 pages of this thread, but wanted to throw out there that the Twins new stadium -- Target Field -- is very sweet.

Plus, we have a lot of good golf here.

If anybody is looking for a golf/baseball trip this summer, there are worse choices.

I admit to not having read all 171 pages of this thread, but wanted to throw out there that the Twins new stadium -- Target Field -- is very sweet.

Plus, we have a lot of good golf here.

If anybody is looking for a golf/baseball trip this summer, there are worse choices.

For sure, like Kansas City! Although you won't have any problems scoring tickets to any game you want to see. LMAO

BTW welcome to Paradise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5165782

look out for Laynce Nix! btw who the heck is Lanyce Nix???

This is what sticks out to me in that article.

MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said each team sets its own security standards. The Minnesota Twins, for one, do not use armed police officers on the field. They employ a group consisting primarily of unarmed, off-duty prison guards to monitor the field.

Twins vice president of operations Matt Hoy said the team gets better liability insurance coverage if its employees are not carrying weapons, "but in today's world, things are constantly changing and we may get to a point where something like that is necessary."

Indeed, during the very next game at Citizens Bank Park, a 34-year-old man sprinted onto the field in the ninth inning.

The Philly fans' reaction?

"Tase him!"

LOL!!!

This is what sticks out to me in that article.

MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said each team sets its own security standards. The Minnesota Twins, for one, do not use armed police officers on the field. They employ a group consisting primarily of unarmed, off-duty prison guards to monitor the field.

Twins vice president of operations Matt Hoy said the team gets better liability insurance coverage if its employees are not carrying weapons, "but in today's world, things are constantly changing and we may get to a point where something like that is necessary."

Thats interesting and I didn't know that. Although at the Metrodome, there were uniformed Minneapolis cops at every game.

Did you read between the lines about WHY their insurance company doesn't want security guys to carry weapons?

roll_eyes.jpg

Anyone want sense on the subject?

Here you go.

And BTW, can I get an answer to that question? Why do you think the insurance company doesn't want security officers to carry weapons?

roll_eyes.jpg

Wow what a busy day on this thread. I sure missed alot of well, nothing. Same old thing here, Nike spouting off and everyone else trying to explain the facts to him. I am not going to take the time to respond to each post I will simply just add one comment to cover everything I feel about the discussion.

roll_eyes.jpg

Back to baseball talk again, how about the best team in MLB right now...The Tampa Bay Rays. Their rotation is incredible this year now that we got rid of Kazmir and his 3 inning starts.

no doubt JB what was he when they traded him, 8-7 with a 5.92 era! hows that working out for ya LA? this year 2-1 with a 5.57 era!

Back to baseball talk again, how about the best team in MLB right now...The Tampa Bay Rays. Their rotation is incredible this year now that we got rid of Kazmir and his 3 inning starts.

Very cool. Hopefully they can start pulling more than 10k a night on the Weeknights now.

Very cool. Hopefully they can start pulling more than 10k a night on the Weeknights now.

Its hard where that stadium is for the people in much of Tampa to get there during the weeknights. This is a very spread out area. But I agree. Im more worried about the fact that they are going to lose half of this team in the next few years.

no doubt JB what was he when they traded him, 8-7 with a 5.92 era! hows that working out for ya LA? this year 2-1 with a 5.57 era!

The Yankees uhmm....roughed him up a bit... LOL

If Vazquez could ever get back on track, the Yankees rotation would be SICK. Hughes 3-0, 1.44 ERA | Burnet 4-0, 1.99 ERA | Pettitte 4-0, 2.08 ERA | Sabathia 4-1, 2.74 ERA

Then you got Vazquez... who SUCKS. 1-3, 9.78 ERA.

Tampa has OF Desmond Jennings waiting in the wings if they have to trade CC. he is rating the 4th best prospect in baseball and pitchers Wade Davis and Jeremy Hellcikson are 15 and 16 respectively.

sadly it looks like they wont be able to afford Crawford but should get a boatload in return for him if they cant. its a looong season but you gotta love their great start. lets hope their still standing at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back