Who's your Least Favorite Golfer and Why?

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
we have threads about who's swing you like, we have threads about brand loyalties and we all have a pretty good idea of who everyone's favorites are, but nothing on who we don't like, who might annoy us, who has the wierdest swing, etc.

so, who's your least favorite player on tour (PGA, Senior, LPGA)?

for some odd reason i am not a fan of Bernhard Langer. he doesn't excite me at all. he seems like a robot and just looks like he wouldn't be very nice.

i also don't really like bubba watson, mostly b/c of the ridiculous visor and bucket hat he use to wear.

Jb holmes' turret's like preshot routines drive me up the wall and i find myself wishing he were never in contention so i didn't have to watch it.

Don't like Rory Sabbatini mainly because of his attitude. Also don't root for Furyk as I cannot stand watching his slow play. I feel badly because I can see he's a good guy but his putting routine just drives me bananas. And man how can you not like Bubba!!!

Don't like Rory Sabbatini mainly because of his attitude. Also don't root for Furyk as I cannot stand watching his slow play. I feel badly because I can see he's a good guy but his putting routine just drives me bananas. And man how can you not like Bubba!!!

i know, right. he's a fellow lefty and he plays some awesome golf. it's just more about those stupidly large hats he wears. if he didn't wear them, i'd edit my post, haha!

i know, right. he's a fellow lefty and he plays some awesome golf. it's just more about those stupidly large hats he wears. if he didn't wear them, i'd edit my post, haha!

I kind of like Bubba’s hats and I am guilty of wearing the occasional bucket hat myself. I am actually somewhat surprised more people on Tour don’t wear them due to the amount of sun exposure they get during their careers.

Ryan Moore.

I liked him a bit at first, and of course I dont know him personally so I could be totally wrong, but then his overall persona has started to irk me a bit.

kenny perry. while i respect his decision to bail on some major's in favor of ryder cup points.....his swing is fracking annoying.

kenny perry. while i respect his decision to bail on some major's in favor of ryder cup points.....his swing is fracking annoying.

I’d be happy to have his swing if my results matched his. Same for Furyk, etc. :smile-big:

How could someone from the sticks of NC not like a guy named Bubba? He's a local O-town resident so I like him. One O-town resident I could care less for is Sergio. I know JB & GG interviewed the guy and liked him but until I see something significant from him off the course I will not be a fan of his.

I kind of like Bubba’s hats and I am guilty of wearing the occasional bucket hat myself. I am actually somewhat surprised more people on Tour don’t wear them due to the amount of sun exposure they get during their careers.

it's not the hat in general, just the hat on him, it just doesn't look good.

i agree completely here to doodles. can't stand to watch his swing, and all those weird waggles.

How could someone from the sticks of NC not like a guy named Bubba? He's a local O-town resident so I like him. One O-town resident I could care less for is Sergio. I know JB & GG interviewed the guy and liked him but until I see something significant from him off the course I will not be a fan of his.

not all mountain folk are uncivilized spank. my son's fish is named bubba, b/c he named him and it was one of about 4 words he could say at the time.

i also don't really like bubba watson, mostly b/c of the ridiculous visor and bucket hat he use to wear.

Bubba is awesome, shame on you tc! NO NO NO- to each their own, I can't get on your case for who you like or not like, it's all your own personal likings etc.

The top of my list would be Bernhard Langer, probably because he won the Masters in 1993 when I got to go so I was disappointed then and I haven't liked him since. Sergio is another one that I really cannot stand, I used to really pull for him too but more and more lately I just can't stand him. I even picked him in the R9 contest this week! Huh....

I am not a fan of John Rollins. I got to meet him a few times and he was so arrogant. I think he needs to see a few more wins before he can have that kind of attitude.

Bubba is awesome, shame on you tc! NO NO NO- to each their own, I can't get on your case for who you like or not like, it's all your own personal likings etc.

The top of my list would be Bernhard Langer, probably because he won the Masters in 1993 when I got to go so I was disappointed then and I haven't liked him since. Sergio is another one that I really cannot stand, I used to really pull for him too but more and more lately I just can't stand him. I even picked him in the R9 contest this week! Huh....

it's not that i don't like bubba, it's simply an annoying head piece that he sports. i didn't like when phil wore those visors and we all know how much i like that guy.

here's another one that i don't like, jj henry. mostly b/c of that strange no chin thing he's got going on.

See I dont really like Ian Poulter. I think he dresses great, but he seems a little self centered to me.

Last year at the barclays he flipped out on a waitress because he wanted dinner, when the dinner wasnt being served until whatever time it was being served at. It was in the process of cooking, but it was going to be at least 2 hours or so. She offered him that she could whip up a quick sandwich for him and he yelled "I Dont want a flipping(not actual word used, you get the idea) sandwich, I want _________(insert same word as before) dinner."

As the waitress started to get teary, and almost cry, turned around to leave, Luke Donald stopped her and said "Dont worry dear, the drug test is later on today."

I am not a fan of John Rollins. I got to meet him a few times and he was so arrogant. I think he needs to see a few more wins before he can have that kind of attitude.

yes! this is what i'm after, some inside dirt. make it rain GG!

The one person I just can't stand to watch play would have to be Garcia, I mean how many times to you have to regrip before you hit the ball?

another guy i dont like is Jonathan Byrd. I was getting certain autographs for my girlfriend, and she is inlove with AK. So as AK is walking up, I say AK, an auto for my girlfriend? she loves you more than she loves me, and he walks over and says sure bud. Signs it, and right behind him is mr. Byrd, grabs the hat, and blue sharpies his name right over ak's signature.
brutal/

He just had an interview in the new Golf Digest (free subscription with purchase of training too lol) and I did sense a little of that but just in regards to fashion. Who knows really, he couldve been saying some things sarcastically/jokingly and it doesnt come off well in print. He talked about the guy in khakis or mismatching belt.. GUILTY sometimes lol I like my solid colors and like the way they look(once I lose a few more Ill be able to pull of some of the other clothes I like). He seems like a nice guy though and I like his sense of humor (seems dry to me which is cool). Reading this surprises me a bit.

I dont like Fuzzy. Its because of the nitrogen infused driver informercial he endorses. I wanted to watch golf while working out and that was on instead. Or some of the stack and tilt guys. Infomercials bug me. yet I can't stop watching.
See I dont really like Ian Poulter. I think he dresses great, but he seems a little self centered to me.

Last year at the barclays he flipped out on a waitress because he wanted dinner, when the dinner wasnt being served until whatever time it was being served at. It was in the process of cooking, but it was going to be at least 2 hours or so. She offered him that she could whip up a quick sandwich for him and he yelled "I Dont want a flipping(not actual word used, you get the idea) sandwich, I want _________(insert same word as before) dinner."

As the waitress started to get teary, and almost cry, turned around to leave, Luke Donald stopped her and said "Dont worry dear, the drug test is later on today."

here's another one that i don't like, jj henry. mostly b/c of that strange no chin thing he's got going on.

I knew this was coming sooner than later. So he's got the Jabba the Hut thing going for him, what's the big deal.

Wow, that is so surprising to hear and very disappointing too. I have met Ian on many occasions and he was always so nice. Two years ago at Doral he was at the dinner table next to us and we sat and talked for a while. He was showing us pictures of his kids and wife and couldn't stop talking about his family. He loves those kids so much it's pretty amazing to see.

yes! this is what i'm after, some inside dirt. make it rain GG!

LOL! Last year at Transitions we saw Scott McCarron in the parking lot and he was so pissed he threw his golf bag on the ground and was using every curse word in the book. I don't think he had a very good round that day haha.

scott mccarron huh? well i don't like him for other reasons myself.

scott mccarron huh? well i don't like him for other reasons myself.

I have never spoken to him to say if he is a good guy or not but man was he mad that day. He slammed his bag into the ground more than once and then threw them into his trunk and I mean slammed them down threw them.

I know he doesn’t really play the PGA Tour anymore and I’ll probably be ridiculed for this statement but sometimes the Golden Bear annoys me. I picked him over Johnny Miller because that was just too obvious!

jj henry is doughy.

and furyk's swing i can handle. maybe because mine mimmicks his on a certain level. but perry's....ick.

Wow, that is so surprising to hear and very disappointing too. I have met Ian on many occasions and he was always so nice. Two years ago at Doral he was at the dinner table next to us and we sat and talked for a while. He was showing us pictures of his kids and wife and couldn't stop talking about his family. He loves those kids so much it's pretty amazing to see.

I guess the pressures of a drug test brings out the worst in people. Im sure he can be a nice guy, because during the practice round I was all alone, i mean no one in 100 yards of where i was, and he came up and made a couple jokes with me. I just dont get it.

I don't really like Lee Westwood all that much. One guy I didn't really care for was Ian Poulter but when I went to the Ryder Cup @ Valhalla he was great to the fans. Most of the European players were. At the practice rounds as soon as they got off the green they would take out a Sharpie and start signing stuff all the way to the next tee. And I don't mean signing while walking, they would stop and sign.

I was next to a little boy who was getting pictures with the players and he asked Ian Poulter for a picture. Poulter told him 10 bucks(jokingly). Then hoisted the kid up, put his Visor and sunglasses on the kid and took a picture...He definately went up in my book

Back