THE PLAYERS Championship [spoilers}

I saw Tiger say "damnit" on TV today...

Ugh man doesn't he realize kids could be watching!?!

That's another thing I could rant about...some people are like "My 12 year old son Billy heard that!"
News flash... higher-graded elementary schools (5th grade) and middle schools have kids that say that stuff on a regular basis. I guarantee little Billy has heard all of it before.
I've had my nephew ask me "What's damnit mean?" after watching a movie...ya know, it's really not that big of a deal. I tell him it's a bad word, don't say it, and that's that. He understands and he's FOUR.
I just saw a video today of Peyton Manning on CBS...during the middle of the play he shouts "Damnit Donald Brown! (his RB)". It happens.

/end rant

Anyone see Westwood pulling this one out? It's not a major, but I still think he has plenty of choking to be done. He could also get over the edge, though, too.

just for the record no fan here of the man or the golfer, just thought he might do well this week so picked him in the contest! :act-up:

just for the record no fan here of the man or the golfer, just thought he might do well this week so picked him in the contest! :act-up:

Me too. I went with 3 popular picks, and one make or break pick (Mike Weir).

Where were you guys in the Masters thread a couple of weeks ago?

haha.

That's another thing I could rant about...some people are like "My 12 year old son Billy heard that!"
News flash... higher-graded elementary schools (5th grade) and middle schools have kids that say that stuff on a regular basis. I guarantee little Billy has heard all of it before.
I've had my nephew ask me "What's damnit mean?" after watching a movie...ya know, it's really not that big of a deal. I tell him it's a bad word, don't say it, and that's that. He understands and he's FOUR.
I just saw a video today of Peyton Manning on CBS...during the middle of the play he shouts "Damnit Donald Brown! (his RB)". It happens.

/end rant

Anyone see Westwood pulling this one out? It's not a major, but I still think he has plenty of choking to be done. He could also get over the edge, though, too.
Shoot I see Kobe cussing out officials and they have no problem replaying it. I know I know Golf is a "Gentlemans Game" excuse.

Anyway...Lee bounced back real well after plunking one in the pond, I like his swing, but still that "trust" issue I have with him. But I can see him winning this, hey Sergio did and he's still up there as "best player not to win a Major" category.

I felt bad for Fowler on 18, talk about confidence getting completely derailed after his shot in the pond, after a great drive.

Shoot I see Kobe cussing out officials and they have no problem replaying it. I know I know Golf is a "Gentlemans Game" excuse.

Anyway...Lee bounced back real well after plunking one in the pond, I like his swing, but still that "trust" issue I have with him. But I can see him winning this, hey Sergio did and he's still up there as "best player not to win a Major" category.

I felt bad for Fowler on 18, talk about confidence getting completely derailed after his shot in the pond, after a great drive.

I've officially hopped off of the Sergio train. At this point, I don't think he's got what it takes to win a major...ever. He's just a headcase, and it shows quite often.

Oh, and the reason I picked Weir for the contest? Because last year I followed him around a bit at the TPC and he had a nice swing. LOL...truth right there!

I've officially hopped off of the Sergio train. At this point, I don't think he's got what it takes to win a major...ever. He's just a headcase, and it shows quite often.
I want the guy to win a Major. And he's still young, heck the way Phil is playing at 39, Couples at 50, WATSON at 60, etc. Sergio has plenty of time to get 1 Major.

30 years old, looks to be hitting his "mid-life crisis" with the girlfriend obsession, changing swings, rough putting.

We can both agree the talent is still there, he can get 1 Major.

I want the guy to win a Major. And he's still young, heck the way Phil is playing at 39, Couples at 50, WATSON at 60, etc. Sergio has plenty of time to get 1 Major.

30 years old, looks to be hitting his "mid-life crisis" with the girlfriend obsession, changing swings, rough putting.

We can both agree the talent is still there, he can get 1 Major.

Well yeah, the talent is there no doubt. I don't think I've ever seen a more popular unconsistent golfer.
I stopped liking him after he criticized a course... in fact, I think it might've been Augusta. He was talking about how it was muddy and stuff. Just shut up and play. If you don't like the course -- there's the door.

[and yes, that contradicts what I said earlier about how I don't care what people say on or off the course... :D]

Well yeah, the talent is there no doubt. I don't think I've ever seen a more popular unconsistent golfer.
I stopped liking him after he criticized a course... in fact, I think it might've been Augusta. He was talking about how it was muddy and stuff. Just shut up and play. If you don't like the course -- there's the door.

[and yes, that contradicts what I said earlier about how I don't care what people say on or off the course... :D]
Haha!

Yes it was Augusta, something like "I just come here to play, never liked it here, too many mudballs, I just show up and then leave."

It was obvious frustration, and he did apologize, I think he hand-wrote the top members of Augusta the apology.

That incident, spitting in the cup, pissed off at fans at Bethpage for taking too much time and heckling him, we know the issues.

I can see why people would dislike Sergio...

Blue tartans, Blue shirt tomorrow, blue icons, outfit picked and ready. good night all.
5 minutes ago via web
-Ian Poulter

That's what I'm talking about Poults! Bringing in the plaid...The banana outfit today...Well only YOU can pull that off.

I love how Poults has a different pair of Icons for every outfit.

I love how Poults has a different pair of Icons for every outfit.

As one should! Well not Icons, but shoes definitely.

As for Tiger, its clear looking at this thread that it is an age thing. The kids (under 30) all love him and dont care what he does and the adults do. Makes all the sense in the world now. Less experience, usually less responsibility.

Ryan Moore is tearing it up!!

As one should! Well not Icons, but shoes definitely.

As for Tiger, its clear looking at this thread that it is an age thing. The kids (under 30) all love him and dont care what he does and the adults do. Makes all the sense in the world now. Less experience, usually less responsibility.

I don't really agree with your age assumption. Yes, I am under 30 but I care what people do on the course I just don't think someone saying dammit is the end of the world. Yes, he does need to control his emotions a bit because watching him get upset can sort of ruin the experience because he can bring down a crowd fast. But the guy's every move is watched and scrutinized so we will almost always know if he says or does something inappropriate. I think that soemtimes people just overreact especially when it comes to the use of "bad words". Like many said these kids have heard these words before and you hear it at all sorts of different sporting events. And I do know golf is a 'gentelmens' sport but they are still human and have emotions.

Fowler looking like the flying nun today.

Lee Westwood is going to win this thing. He just has that look about him, I'm telling you right now.

Yang with a strong start today!

How many of these guys at the top have a chance at actually grinding it out? I see alot of streaky players up there...

How many of these guys at the top have a chance at actually grinding it out? I see alot of streaky players up there...
Good pount, but Westwood. I'm critical of his play on big events, but he doesn't fall off the map when he loses.

Torrey Pines he was within 1 of a playoff right? I think shot better than Tiger on that Sunday...

This past Masters he didn't lose it/fall out of the Top 5. Mickelson just beat him.

Of the Top names, never a bad thing to go with the 4th ranked player in the world.

I don't really agree with your age assumption. Yes, I am under 30 but I care what people do on the course I just don't think someone saying dammit is the end of the world. Yes, he does need to control his emotions a bit because watching him get upset can sort of ruin the experience because he can bring down a crowd fast. But the guy's every move is watched and scrutinized so we will almost always know if he says or does something inappropriate. I think that soemtimes people just overreact especially when it comes to the use of "bad words". Like many said these kids have heard these words before and you hear it at all sorts of different sporting events. And I do know golf is a 'gentelmens' sport but they are still human and have emotions.

+1 on the age assumption. I am under 30 and am not giving him a free pass. But really, how many of us have said more than the "D" word out on the course infront of someone??? :angel:

As we've clearly seen over the last 6 months, Tiger is more human than most thought.

Westwood is tearing it up.

5 birdies, 1 Eagle, 1 bogey thru 12 holes.

Tied for the lead with Moore and Imada.

Back