soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
I am just wondering what the ladies wear for pants when they are on the course? I prefer to wear a skort, but being in New England that is not always possible. I haven't come across some golf pants that I like so I usually end up just wearing khakis. (the problem there is the pockets) Most of the golf companies pants seem to be a polyester material that I don't like. What are your favorites?

I only have 2 pairs of pants, my adidas ones are thin and polyester but I have another pair of pants from PAHR and absolutely love them. They aren't polyester at all and have a great fit and looks nice :)

I'd like to get more pants but haven't had much luck in finding ones that I like, fit well and in my size and there are less pants available since its nearing the warmer golf season :(

I wish I could help you here Soxy but living in Florida I don't even own a pair of golf pants and the only pair we have ever been given to review are Nike and they are the tech material.

I checked out the Pahr pants and I like the look, but they are hard to find. Fairway Styles only carries their men's line, but I did find them at 13th green. Everything seems to be from their Spring 2009 line and on sale. I am wondering if they are still making a woman's line? Their website it tough.
GG, you actually reviewed a pair of their pants way back...Ladies Pahr Review

I checked out the Pahr pants and I like the look, but they are hard to find. Fairway Styles only carries their men's line, but I did find them at 13th green. Everything seems to be from their Spring 2009 line and on sale. I am wondering if they are still making a woman's line? Their website it tough.
GG, you actually reviewed a pair of their pants way back...Ladies Pahr Review

I did and I really liked them but as you have noticed they are hard to find and I fear they may not be around much longer. That's why I didn't mention them because I am not sure the status of their future. It's unfortunate too because they made some really nice stuff. 13th Green is a great site and you can usually find things at a great discount.

It looks like PUMA makes golf pants too http://www.shop.puma.com/sport/golf/apparel/56150,en,sc.html?sz=30&prefn1=genderId&prefv1=Women.

Tail has a lot of pants too but they look to all be polyester. http://www.tailactivewear.com/ProductStore.aspx?Line=1&CollectionID=1&HeaderID=1&catID=14.

GG, I was reading the review for 13th Green that you did and noticed the Pahr pants that are shown in the pics are the ones I am thinking about getting. Do you remember anything about them? I can't really find a fit description anywhere. Just wondering if they were a straight leg, some flare etc? If you don't remember no big deal, just thought I would check. I like the idea of the golf shop like a board shop. That is what we need more of. I really like the look of the Pahr line, I hope they come out with some new stuff for 2010.

GG, I was reading the review for 13th Green that you did and noticed the Pahr pants that are shown in the pics are the ones I am thinking about getting. Do you remember anything about them? I can't really find a fit description anywhere. Just wondering if they were a straight leg, some flare etc? If you don't remember no big deal, just thought I would check. I like the idea of the golf shop like a board shop. That is what we need more of. I really like the look of the Pahr line, I hope they come out with some new stuff for 2010.

They are pretty straight leg with a slight flare at the bottom (IIRC). They are true to size but don't have a lot of stretch in the legs. They run a little long but that is an easy fix. They are really cute on and would be a much better fabric then the typical tech stuff. I have larger thighs so I prefer something with a little more give but that is totally just my personal perference and eveyrone else I know who tried them just loved them. I am just really self conscious of my legs.

i get all of my pants from American Eagle. they're not tech but if it's too warm for pants....i don't need tech pants.

i think they're called Favorite Khaki's? i get them every year....in almost every color. low rise....boot cut. so darn cute.

Thanks, I might buy the black ones of that same cut. They don't have the pinstripe in my size unfortunately on 13th green. Doesn't hurt to try them, just annoying to return if I don't like them!

i get all of my pants from American Eagle. they're not tech but if it's too warm for pants....i don't need tech pants.

i think they're called Favorite Khaki's? i get them every year....in almost every color. low rise....boot cut. so darn cute.

AE, I haven't looked at their khakis. I always feel like I am too old for that store, haha. Although I love aerie for certain things. I like their style though and have been shopping at Martin and Osa which was the newest part of their line . I loved that store, but unfortunately they are all closing this summer.

AE doesn't seem to fit me right :( Their tops are fine, its the bottoms that don't fit well!

Soxy - I have yet to find a pair of golf pants I like. I don't like the cut, material or rise on them. I just wear whatever is already in my closet if it's cold enough for pants.

Thanks, I might buy the black ones of that same cut. They don't have the pinstripe in my size unfortunately on 13th green. Doesn't hurt to try them, just annoying to return if I don't like them!

Returning is such a pain but since they offer free shipping and practicaly 50% off it's totally worth a shot. I hope they fit well and you like them :smile:

Soxy, if American Eagle is too young for you, Talbots may be too old, but... they make really nice cords with some stertch. Cut like jeans; I prefer the no wale. They're my cold weather golf pants.

In warmer weather, I wear capris.

I have a pair of Nike golf and Callaway golf capris that are almost as long as pants. I really like both of them as they have deep pockets and fit really well. I buy a lot of new golf clothes from Ebay. I just spent about $250 on a bunch of new stuff...incredible values! My favorites are the Nike dry fit shirts and the LIJA shorts. I really LOVE the LIJA shorts!!!!

I have a pair of Nike golf and Callaway golf capris that are almost as long as pants. I really like both of them as they have deep pockets and fit really well. I buy a lot of new golf clothes from Ebay. I just spent about $250 on a bunch of new stuff...incredible values! My favorites are the Nike dry fit shirts and the LIJA shorts. I really LOVE the LIJA shorts!!!!

Ditto on the Lija. Their stuff is so great I almost don't look at other brands.

I am just wondering what the ladies wear for pants when they are on the course? I prefer to wear a skort, but being in New England that is not always possible. I haven't come across some golf pants that I like so I usually end up just wearing khakis. (the problem there is the pockets) Most of the golf companies pants seem to be a polyester material that I don't like. What are your favorites?

I buy my golf pants from LLBean or Lands End. They aren't really golf pants but just their "khackis". I like the fit for me (middle 40's woman with some curves), looser in hips, sit at my waist versus young style lower, long enough, returns easy. Plus if I get them really dirty/nasty on golf course, which since I golf in all sorts of weather here in New England sometimes happens, I don't feel bad about ruining a $29.95 pair of pants.

I wish some of the golf clothing companies would make pants for us women with a bit of hip/toosh. All the pants I try on from the golf specific companies fit me fine in the waist/length but are too tight in the hips for my curves.

I buy my golf pants from LLBean or Lands End. They aren't really golf pants but just their "khackis". I like the fit for me (middle 40's woman with some curves), looser in hips, sit at my waist versus young style lower, long enough, returns easy. Plus if I get them really dirty/nasty on golf course, which since I golf in all sorts of weather here in New England sometimes happens, I don't feel bad about ruining a $29.95 pair of pants.

I wish some of the golf clothing companies would make pants for us women with a bit of hip/toosh. All the pants I try on from the golf specific companies fit me fine in the waist/length but are too tight in the hips for my curves.

I bet a lot of that has to do with the tech material. have you tried adidas golf? I sometimes find their pants to run a little big and I have a much curvier bottom then I do top.

I bet a lot of that has to do with the tech material. have you tried adidas golf? I sometimes find their pants to run a little big and I have a much curvier bottom then I do top.

I have a pair of Adidas golf pants, they're big on me and its the smallest size that they have too :(

I haven't tried Adidas yet. Will have to check them out and see!! Never can have too many golf clothes in my closet because it isn't just about how you swing but how you look Or so my scuba instructor used to say...

I haven't tried Adidas yet. Will have to check them out and see!! Never can have too many golf clothes in my closet because it isn't just about how you swing but how you look Or so my scuba instructor used to say...

you are hangin with the right group because we have the same motto. If you look good you will feel good and that will make you play better :smile:

Back