What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
70.1/127 6233 yards from the forward tee's

Driver broke at the range so I played the entire round hitting a 3-wood off the deck
50/52- 102
8 penalty strokes, 4 Fairways, 2 GIR, 32 Putts

Every round out this year I play worse than the round before it... it is getting old fast

Where are you playing in Cheeseland?

Kevin

just got done... walked 9 on a super crappy course and shot 5 over for a 40...
i am surprised i did that well since i only hit 1 fw and had 2 girs...
i did however almost ace a short par3 and got a tap in birdie instead

This game is frustrating as hell, lol. Shot a 90. Played a very tough course in 25 mph winds and my game fell apart. I really didn't know where to hit the ball on a lot of hilly shots, but even when I could see the target I was slicing and hooking. I put major miles on the poor golf cart. I did have one hole, short par 4 324 yds, that I drove within about 5 yards of the green. Wind behind me, I tee'd it high and ripped it straight as an arrow, lol.

This game is frustrating as hell, lol. Shot a 90. Played a very tough course in 25 mph winds and my game fell apart. I really didn't know where to hit the ball on a lot of hilly shots, but even when I could see the target I was slicing and hooking. I put major miles on the poor golf cart. I did have one hole, short par 4 324 yds, that I drove within about 5 yards of the green. Wind behind me, I tee'd it high and ripped it straight as an arrow, lol.

The wind plays mental games with me. I tell myself to slow down and control my swing, but eventually I lose that thought and try to compensate for the wind, with disasterous results.

if you're scoring on a curve, I'd say you shot an 85 in normal conditions :act-up:

Turned out to be a pretty nice day in Chicago. Left work early and played a quick 9 on the lake. Shot 2-over. Only hit 33% GIRs, but had a season best 12-putts. It wasn't really that my putting was all that great. It was my chipping/pitching that was good, leaving me with short, easy putts. 3 bogeys and 1 bird.

The wind plays mental games with me. I tell myself to slow down and control my swing, but eventually I lose that thought and try to compensate for the wind, with disasterous results.

if you're scoring on a curve, I'd say you shot an 85 in normal conditions :act-up:

Thanks guy's, but the game is driving me batty. 81 today in the same wind. Different course, but still not one I generally play. I changed my grip and spent a lot less of my time in "Time Out". I enjoy a good round, but hard to figure out why my game is so up and down.

forgot to post, last friday 4/30 had a 49 on the front, 19 putts 48 on the back with 20 putts for a 97 only 4 th time out this yr and sun 5/2 shot a 48 on the back with 19 putts so for 5 rounds this year my worst score is a 102 2x the other 3 97, 100, 101 looking to break 100 again this friday.

forgot to post, last friday 4/30 had a 49 on the front, 19 putts 48 on the back with 20 putts for a 97 only 4 th time out this yr and sun 5/2 shot a 48 on the back with 19 putts so for 5 rounds this year my worst score is a 102 2x the other 3 97, 100, 101 looking to break 100 again this friday.

Good stuff JC. Keep it up, you'll be working on breaking into the 80's soon.

Went out yesterday and shot a 93 on the hardest course around here, a 7200 yard par 72. I definitely didn't play my best, with 4 drives OB and 2 putts on every hole at best, but it definitely could have been worse. I swear there were elephants buried in those greens...

Shot an even 100 on one of the hardest courses around here. Name of the course is Santa Maria and its a RT Jones designed public course here in Baton Rouge. Shot a 42 on the back 9 (they made us start on hole 10 b/c of a tournament in progress) and a 58 on the front. Even had 5 GIR's in a row to start the round and that's definitely a first for me! I'm lucky to get 5 GIR's total for 18 holes.

Best hole of the day was hole #18 which is the course's signature hole. Long par 5 with a huge lake that stretches down the entire right side and the green is tucked behind it. Last time I played this hole I put 6 balls in the drink b/c I was too stubborn to stop trying to hit over the lake to the green. Was dreading getting to this hole for the entire round. This time however, I hit a 5 wood off the tee, 5 wood long approach; gap iron from 50 yds to the green and 2 putted for par!!

Played another 9 after lunch today. Shot 3-over. I was striking the ball very well; I hit 67% GIRs. Unfortunately, I had 18 putts. 1 birdie, 2 bogeys and a double.

i shot a 43 today on the front nine of my local course. I did not have any great shots, just good steady golf. I did manage to double both of the par 5's so I will have to work on those holes.

Same course I always play... but they had an outing so I played the front twice.
45/48 = 93 (Best round of the season!!!)

2 penalty strokes, 41 putts (10 more than my season average- yuck!), 38.5% GIR
My best driving and ball striking round of the year and if I could have putt 90 would have fallen!

New Driver = A+

Yesterday had a 34/35-69 on a par 71. I have gained some distance lately and I'm loving it. A few simple swing thoughts. First hole hit 5i to the front edge from 220 out. I hope it lasts!

Gonna play a practice round tomorrow afternoon before having 36 holes on Saturday. First one at 7a for the men's club, the next a scramble at 12:30. Gonna be tight to get to the second round!

yesterday i was 14 over (gross) on a top championship course, lost 2 balls ( a lot of water ), wasnt consistant with the driver, i found myself needing to chip out onto the fairway from bushes on 3 occasions, my iron play was shocking to say the least, but my chipping and putting was great.

Today i went to the local municipal course, was a lot of wind out there, but i wanted to improve my iron play from the previous days horrors, so the longest hitting club was a 5w.
shot a +4 (gross), was struggling to reach some par 4's in 2 without having a driver or a 3w into the head on and cross winds.

game is improving.. :)

Played Sarasota National today with biggsy and CRucker and a friend of mine and was striking the ball extremely well. The pin placements today were borderline ridiculous the way they were set up, so getting the birdie putts to fall was almost impossible, but man oh man what a great day of golf it was. I shot 40 on the front with a double bogey and 39 on the back with a double bogey on 18. Only 1 birdie the entire round and it got me thinking about how well I was hitting the ball. Today should have been one of those days in the low 70s, but nothing was dropping.

Still a great time to be had and it was fun out there. biggsy used the Ghost putter for the 1st time (before anybody really) and was rolling the rock like I have never seen before. He could not get over how much he liked it.

great to hear it was a lot of fun. you got to play with 2 quality guys. the double on 18, what happened there? in the drink off the tee?

Sounds like a great time JB. Those greens at Sarasota are tough enough without crazy pin placements. Glad to hear biggsy was loving the Ghost.

so where is said ghost putter now? did it disappear with biggsy after his great day of putting? lol

great to hear it was a lot of fun. you got to play with 2 quality guys. the double on 18, what happened there? in the drink off the tee?

I topped my drive after hitting just about every fairway for the round. I second guessed myself on the tee box and actually topped it,

I topped my drive after hitting just about every fairway for the round. I second guessed myself on the tee box and actually topped it,

bummer man. 18 there is one of those easy hard holes if that makes sense?

It does make sense. But I cant be mad when I struck the ball as good as I have in close to a year. Just felt good out there today. Tomorrow morning is another round.

where you gaming the machspeeds or testing something else?

Nike MachSpeeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back