Nead Damascus Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Similar to the SeeMore "specials" we put up yesterday, we got some very special putters in the offices today from Gene Nead and wanted to give everybody a small taste of the work he is doing. THP has a special article in the Summer Issue of the magazine on some select putter companies and what they are doing right now and this one was just simply too pretty to wait to show everybody.

With this beauty I could be here all night putting up pictures, but I have to save a few for the summer issue. Plus, if you like this one, wait until you see what else will be featured.

859982883_oAsT5-L-1.jpg

859985473_jymmR-L-1.jpg

859985372_gZvKZ-L-1.jpg

859985422_vbAqW-L-1.jpg

859985329_63c6o-L-1.jpg

859985534_AW4mi-L-1.jpg

859985261_ZXQb2-L-1.jpg

Very nice look to it :)

that thing is AWESOME looking. I can't wait to hear more about this putter and the company.

best looking putter i've ever seen. the photos are killer! the "wood graining" is something that i've never seen before. i'm no putter ho, but would hit the streets for that!

• Admin
best looking putter i've ever seen. the photos are killer! the "wood graining" is something that i've never seen before. i'm no putter ho, but would hit the streets for that!

Its actually Damascus Steel and not wood grain. Think of piano black meets copper.

Do you happen to know the price point of this flatstick?

Damascus is always beautiful to look at. Reminds me of old shotguns.

• Admin
Do you happen to know the price point of this flatstick?

I dont, but I would say somewhere around $450 if I was guessing. We will have all of that info when it is sent to us and in the magazine RW. And some news on some of the beauties you guys are seeing.

I dont, but I would say somewhere around $450 if I was guessing. We will have all of that info when it is sent to us and in the magazine RW. And some news on some of the beauties you guys are seeing.

I am looking forward to reading and hearing more about this stick.

Its actually Damascus Steel and not wood grain. Think of piano black meets copper.

i know JB, i was just implying that it had the appearance of "wood graining", hence the quotations. i'm not as think as you stupid i am...hehe!

love the stuff Gene Nead has done in the past. he is an artist. the damascus has a firmer feel to it, correct? i bet that thing is a pretty penny, huh? EDIT: (just saw where you said it was $450. i thought it would've been much more than that)

i know JB, i was just implying that it had the appearance of "wood graining", hence the quotations. i'm not as think as you stupid i am...hehe!

You crack me up!

love the stuff Gene Nead has done in the past. he is an artist. the damascus has a firmer feel to it, correct? i bet that thing is a pretty penny, huh?

I find it quite soft rolling it on the indoor putting green. Very soft and plush at impact. The look at setup is incredible.

i bet that is one putter that will not be given away in a contest, huh? heh
absolutely gorgeous. love that head style too

i bet that is one putter that will not be given away in a contest, huh? heh
absolutely gorgeous. love that head style too

We have not yet decided. It is for our magazine and we are debating doing something interesting in the Summer Issue as far as a magazine only contest. Not necessarily for this putter, but we may do something like that.

so you've been on your putting green this whole time haven't you?

And dont forget, this is just one of them.

Your killin me. :laughing: well with that price point a guy can dream.

That thing is gorgeous. I love the milling as well as that finish.

That putter would be more than $450. If I were a betting man I would say closer to $800 which is still an insane price for a damascus putter. Gene Nead does outstanding work and I'm saving now for my first Nead.

That putter would be more than $450. If I were a betting man I would say closer to $800 which is still an insane price for a damascus putter. Gene Nead does outstanding work and I'm saving now for my first Nead.

You may be right. I dont know why I thought I saw a Damascus recently for that price. But I will get the exact figure for everybody very soon.

that is a gorgeous looking putter. I have no knowledge of these putters. $800? thats crazy!

I want to make sure I point out that Nead makes other putters that are no where near the high price. They are a full line handmade custom putter maker that makes some of the finest I have seen or used. You will get a nice sampling in the magazine this summer.

That finish is awesome! Isn't damascus steel what they make the samurai swords out of?

That finish is awesome! Isn't damascus steel what they make the samurai swords out of?

It sure is. Its a very cool process and this is the best Damascus I have ever seen. It begs to be put in a bag, but at the same time how could one let this touch grass.

It sure is. Its a very cool process and this is the best Damascus I have ever seen. It begs to be put in a bag, but at the same time how could one let this touch grass.

If I were to acquire one from the grace of God I would probably put it on a mantle or some kind of display it's so pretty. Then if someone breaks into the house I could slice them in half. :D

Back