what part of your game are you working on?

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
after watching tiger come back to golf and miss cuts... hit balls into hazards... shoot a 79... i figure even he has to work on his game like everyone else...

what is everyone working on to get better at their game?

I've been working on my swing...who knows how long I'll be working on it, but it'll be a while!

Better contact with my irons. I happen to catch a lot of thin shots, and sometimes even my solid contact leads to pushes n pulls.

Good question. I've been concentrating most on my short game lately. Spending time in the basement practicing both my pitching and chipping strokes with plastic balls. It's a lot of trial and error for me. Especially when it comes to club selection on the course.

Earlier this year it was getting off the tee.

Next up will be staying focused for each shot through the entire round.

I tried to find a consistant swing. And when I did, I started to pull most of my shots. Working on that now. My drives pull the most.

Mid-iron contact and greenside pitching/chipping. Probably if I got better with the mid-irons, I wouldn't need to learn to pitch and chip. :D

i'll be focusing on adding a bit of distance with the driver and being able to control the flight/direction of the ball. i am a natural cutter of the ball of the tee and i would love to be able to put a little draw on it when needed.

wedges/short iron play as well as hitting any part of the green from 140 and in....

The "not hooking it into the middle of next week" bit

The same thing I'm always working, getting the ball to stay in the fairway and on the green. It sounds simple, but it'll be my life-long golfing quest!

im working on my gir percentages... girs for me are the killer...
ppl are impressed with my ability to scramble... im really impressed with them hitting greens... id rather hit greens all day and three putt bogeys than 1 putt to save bogey

For me it's fighting my slice. 5 out of every 10 balls I hit end up WAY to the right. I need to stop that.

Short game no doubt. Driver and irons have been money, but chipping/putting fell apart yesterday. Hard to explain how I drive two par 4's out of 9 holes and can't birdie either..

im working on my gir percentages... girs for me are the killer...
ppl are impressed with my ability to scramble... im really impressed with them hitting greens... id rather hit greens all day and three putt bogeys than 1 putt to save bogey

Same here!!

Chipping, Chipping and more chipping, I'm missing greens right now and my chipping is just killing me.

that's how my short irons and wedges are treating me...i'm 1 putting to save bogey way too often.
Chipping, Chipping and more chipping, I'm missing greens right now and my chipping is just killing me.

what part of your game are you working on?

Maintaining proper distance from the ball (I try to stand too far away) and keeping the right swing plane using the diamond drill.

Fixing this should help both my drives and my irons!

wedge game is my biggest weakness and always needs work

Lately I've been working and my foot work building a stronger base. I'm also trying to ingrain my swing plane (a work in progress about 6 months now!) as well as increase my shoulder turn. I really need help with the putter, but can't find anyone to help or any decent place to practice.

Ya so i'm working on a few things.

Working on getting better at hitting the 3-wood off the deck. Im decent with it off the tee, but I suck when hitting it off the ground. Im getting better but its a process...

I am actually trying to work on improving how I read greens. for some reason i am having a tough time right now reading greens corectly, which also effects my putting and score.

After working on way too many things about my swing like swing plane and lag, I've finally decided to focus most of my attention on just tempo. I've come to the conclusion that if I can maintain a good tempo throughout a round, it will put me in a good impact position 95% of the time. I've decided that's the cause of most of my problems, whether it's a pull or a slice.

Other than that, I think I am really going to focus on the short game this season. That's the only way I'm going to consistently shoot in the low 80's and in the 70's. Anything outside of 6 feet I am bound to miss. If I could sink 1 in every 4 putts from 6-10 feet I'd be happy. Everything has been just a cup or two off lately. I'm close, but that's not good enough in this game.

Good question. I've been concentrating most on my short game lately. Spending time in the basement practicing both my pitching and chipping strokes with plastic balls. It's a lot of trial and error for me. Especially when it comes to club selection on the course.

Earlier this year it was getting off the tee.

Next up will be staying focused for each shot through the entire round.

This is what I'm working on. I've found that if I'm playing really well and I get really excited, too excited. If I'm only like one or two over my mind racing at the thought of shooting 73 or 74. Next thing I know I make triple bogey and I'm no where near 74.

Exhibit A: Yesterday I had a three foot putt for eagle on this long par 5. It was unreal. I hit my drive into a sandtrap and so I was about 240 out and I hit my 4 wood out of the bunker, over water, on to the green to three feet. I was so darn excited about that massive shot, I missed the putt for eagle!! ugh!! Birdie wasn't too bad, but I wasn't focused on the short putt.

CHIPPING and everything inside 50 yards :banghead:

Geez...where to begin. I'm hoping the new driver puts an end to my woes off the tee. Putting has always been my strong point. I average around 36 putts a round. Hopefully that consistency continues. chipping has been very hit or miss lately. But my woods play has been HORRIBLE. I just cant seem to hit a clean 3w recently. Its extremely frustrating because that was the club I could always count on last year. Funny how that works...

Back