DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Heritage Shores on Sunday. Haven't played there since the first year it opened. Supposed to be a balmy 59 - shorts and polo weather after this past week!
Great course I played that a couple years ago with my Father in law.

Playing Heritage Shores on Sunday. Haven't played there since the first year it opened. Supposed to be a balmy 59 - shorts and polo weather after this past week!

I'll echo the great course comment. Be prepared for two things. Lots of wind and lots of water.

I live about 15 minutes from Breton Bay and play there multiple time during the year. It's a solid golf course and probably the best course in southern MD (St. Mary's County).

Anyone here ever played Breton Bay down in SoMD, St. Mary's Co?

I grew up on this course and have many many fond memories there.

I try to play it whenever I get up that way but my folks have retired to Williamsburg so it's been maybe 7 or 8 years.

How's the course playing? Likes/dislikes? Any good stories to stir up my fondness for BBGCC?

I'll be in Williamsburg for Thanksgiving and wouldn't mind the drive if anyone lives nearby and wanted to play.

I'll echo the great course comment. Be prepared for two things. Lots of wind and lots of water.
Couldn't have said this better myself. Good call. Some of those holes played 3 clubs different depending on the wind

I decided I'm going to golf tomorrow even though it's going to be cold. I got the mits that snap on to the clicgear so hopefully they keep my hands warm.

I decided I'm going to golf tomorrow even though it's going to be cold. I got the mits that snap on to the clicgear so hopefully they keep my hands warm.
Same here. A little later start though at 10:40. First few holes will be cold but shouldn't be bad once the sun gets up. May try to sneak out on Sunday as well.

Checked the weather again and it seems like Sunday might be higher 50s and sunny. Hopefully gonna get out for 9

It's going to be so hard not to want to call in ill for Monday. The weather looks great!

Anyone get out today? Turned out to be a nice day so I did yard work. Hoping to get out tomorrow morning.

Have a buddy moving out of town and he's got a couple courses on his list to check off before he heads out to warmer climes. With that in mind, we got out to Westfields to knock it off the list. It was a little cold, but when we got out there, it reminded me of the reasons why I love that place. Complementary coffee, cider, hot chocolate, and chicken noodle soup all certainly helped to cut the cold. Too bad I couldn't answer with anything better than a garbage short game and a middling 89.

Not it a bad day though. Next weekend is a buddy's round out at Renditions.

Have a buddy moving out of town and he's got a couple courses on his list to check off before he heads out to warmer climes. With that in mind, we got out to Westfields to knock it off the list. It was a little cold, but when we got out there, it reminded me of the reasons why I love that place. Complementary coffee, cider, hot chocolate, and chicken noodle soup all certainly helped to cut the cold. Too bad I couldn't answer with anything better than a garbage short game and a middling 89.

Not it a bad day though. Next weekend is a buddy's round out at Renditions.
Nice, I have played Westfields but it has been a couple years nice course from what I remember.

I played Renditions with my buddies over the Summer and we had a blast! It was a scramble so those are always fun but the course was in really good shape. Enjoy it and post pics if you can

Pinecrest tomorrow morning if anyone is in the area. Thinking about 10 ish

Anyone get out today? Turned out to be a nice day so I did yard work. Hoping to get out tomorrow morning.

Had friends in from out of town so just catching up, but I played Bull Run on Saturday. Was definitely a little chilly when we got there, but I was stripping the winter gloves off on the second tee. Turned out to be pretty decent. If the wind wasn't there, it would have been downright pleasant.

Had friends in from out of town so just catching up, but I played Bull Run on Saturday. Was definitely a little chilly when we got there, but I was stripping the winter gloves off on the second tee. Turned out to be pretty decent. If the wind wasn't there, it would have been downright pleasant.

How is the course? I have been wanting to play it but never gotten out there.

How is the course? I have been wanting to play it but never gotten out there.

I'm a fan. It's a little pricey but it's a nice layout. They're building houses on some of the holes but nothing that would be close to in play. Usually in good shape since Raspberry management took over. The FWs were actually aerated recently which is a little weird but no big deal. I like it because it's open and approachable but still challenging.

I'm a fan. It's a little pricey but it's a nice layout. They're building houses on some of the holes but nothing that would be close to in play. Usually in good shape since Raspberry management took over. The FWs were actually aerated recently which is a little weird but no big deal. I like it because it's open and approachable but still challenging.

thanks. i don't mind paying a little extra once in awhile for a nice course. raspberry being in charge makes me happy, i am a huge fan of raspberry falls.

Im Thinking an early December run up to Bulle Rock. Have to watch the weather forecasts.

Im Thinking an early December run up to Bulle Rock. Have to watch the weather forecasts.

I hope it works out where I can join in on the fun. Always enjoy opportunities to play the Rock.

Where is Bulle Rock? I might be able to swing it if I get enough time to make arrangements

Hmm that's not too bad definitely might be able to make the happen.

I'll keep an eye on the weather and get something posted in here.

I'll keep an eye on the weather and get something posted in here.
Sweet. Have a great Thanksgiving and tell the family I said hello

I'm up for it as well. Have always wanted to play there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back