Bridgestone University Travel Thread

Myself and Plin will both be flying down together etc. Should get our travel arrangements done by this weekend, I cannot wait! Also do people recommend shipping their clubs down or paying the extra fee to bring them on the plane?

What airline do you guys plan on flying?

I have heard clubs fly free (as long as they meet size requirements) on Southwest.

Myself and Plin will both be flying down together etc. Should get our travel arrangements done by this weekend, I cannot wait! Also do people recommend shipping their clubs down or paying the extra fee to bring them on the plane?

I have done both. I usually bring them with me, I like my travel bag as it fits my shoes too, without being overweight. Depending on the airline (SW does not have fees) or if you have a credit card with an airline that waives fees, its a no brainer. If not, check costs on both.

I have not encounter any airline yet that charges an extra fee for the clubs. It's just a normal checked bag fee. As others have mentioned, no charge on SWA. I prefer taking my clubs on the plane and have never used a shipping service.

Sounds like a plan, I am thinking doing a carry on for my clothes and then using my checked bag for my clubs.

Anyone know of a decent priced travel bag. If I fly I have never flown my clubs before so have never needed one

Anyone know of a decent priced travel bag. If I fly I have never flown my clubs before so have never needed one

There are lots of them out there, but if you do plan on doing any amount of travel in the future, get a good one.
I have tried them all, and only use the Sun Mountain Glider series now.

There are lots of them out there, but if you do plan on doing any amount of travel in the future, get a good one.
I have tried them all, and only use the Sun Mountain Glider series now.
Well I plan on going to more THP events so ill look at getting a good one

I just bought the Sun Mountain clubglider on sale for $199 on pro golf discount. Gets great reviews.

I just bought the Sun Mountain clubglider on sale for $199 on pro golf discount. Gets great reviews.

When you are watching these other guys pulling their travel bag and tripping it over, it tipping over and of course being heavy, you can thank us. Best bag out there right now.

When you are watching these other guys pulling their travel bag and tripping it over, it tipping over and of course being heavy, you can thank us. Best bag out there right now.

I want one desperately but this Ogio Monster I got from James is too damn durable.

I will be arriving at 10:30 Friday morning and fly out at 840 Sunday night. I will be getting a rental car so if someone has similar arrival/departure times I'm able to give a ride.

For those renting cars I suggest trying to use a company that is off airport property that shuttles you'll save a ton on taxes and fees.

I need to look at flights again and check surrounding airports

Bridgestone University Travel Thread

My cheapest flight options are flying in Thursday and out Monday on directs but not sure the room situation and car

Edit --

looks like my best option is to come in Thursday and fly out late 7ish on Sunday.

Who else is looking at needing a room on Thursday night?

Last edited:
My cheapest flight options are flying in Thursday and out Monday on directs but not sure the room situation and car

Edit --

looks like my best option is to come in Thursday and fly out late 7ish on Sunday.

Who else is looking at needing a room on Thursday night?
That is how my cheapest flight is looking. So I might be coming in thursday night

I'm going to look at flights tonight. I would like to get there earlier on Friday and maybe get a round in. If my flight lines up with someone else and we can rent a car together great. I had a big water leak at work today so i haven't had time to do anything. Its been a disaster. Plus there is 6in of snow and i have a 40 mile ride left.

do you guys think its cheaper to book flight and car separate or together through orbitz, travelocity etc?

do you guys think its cheaper to book flight and car separate or together through orbitz, travelocity etc?

To me it always runs about the same.

Thanks JB, looks like its easier too.

For those coming in early what's your plan on where your staying?

Im staying the night near Disney because I have a sickness.

Went ahead and got my flight since they seemed to be disappearing fast...I thought there was only 16 of us announced lol

Arriving at Orlando airport 8:57 AM Jan 23

Departing Orlando airport 7:55 PM Jan 25
I'll also be getting a rental car so PM me if you need a ride and will be there around that time.

I'll be booking my flights quickly and will try to coordinate with a few regarding rental cars.

Back