Birdie Ball Practice Ball & Strike Pad

The PGA store sounds nice. At least they have the lefty set up for you. I wish there was one of the big golf stores around here. Golf Galaxy isnt bad but its a pretty small store.

My birdie balls and strike mat came today. Its awesome. My yard just isnt that wide out back so Im relegated to a SW or something along those lines. I thinking the 56* Niblick will work. But these little birdie ball things are pretty cool, feels just like a golf ball when you hit them. Well worth the price.

I should be getting my birdie ball package in the mail today :golf: I will have every cat in the neighborhood chasing these things, not to mention the dogs in the
neighbors yard barking :eek:).........

My birdie balls and strike mat came today. Its awesome. My yard just isnt that wide out back so Im relegated to a SW or something along those lines. I thinking the 56* Niblick will work. But these little birdie ball things are pretty cool, feels just like a golf ball when you hit them. Well worth the price.

Hey Kevin, that SW will go about 40 yards, so will every other iron in the bag. Give or take but you get the jist. So you should be able to use more clubs.

Sweet Gray, I hope you like em

Hey Kevin, that SW will go about 40 yards, so will every other iron in the bag. Give or take but you get the jist. So you should be able to use more clubs.

Sweet Gray, I hope you like em

Yeah that sounds about right. My yard must be about 30 yards across in the back because I kept landing in the neighbors yard and once on the roof...haha. Good thing were freinds. So I was scared to hit anything higher than the 56* Nib. But the thing works as advertised. My gf's kid loves it too, he was out hitting it too.

Well I was hoping my 24 birdie ball package with strike pad would have come in by now.... Maybe today :eek:)..... I am looking forward to trying these puppies.. My cats are eagerly waiting to chase some birdies too :zsimpsons:

Yeah that sounds about right. My yard must be about 30 yards across in the back because I kept landing in the neighbors yard and once on the roof...haha. Good thing were freinds. So I was scared to hit anything higher than the 56* Nib. But the thing works as advertised. My gf's kid loves it too, he was out hitting it too.

Thats good your neighbors are friends, it would suck to buy them and lose them in one day

Just ordered my 2 dozen, strikepad, and velocity tees. Our backyard is only about 25 yards wide, so we'll end up going to the park on the weekends with the baby to hit a few. More family friendly than going to the range with a baby! :D

Looking forward to seeing how these puppys work. I'm going to be looking at working on shot shaping and strike consistency, my wife will be working on developing her swing and consistent ball striking. Maybe junior will be chasing them around with a baseball glove in a few years!

Just ordered my 2 dozen, strikepad, and velocity tees. Our backyard is only about 25 yards wide, so we'll end up going to the park on the weekends with the baby to hit a few. More family friendly than going to the range with a baby! :D

Looking forward to seeing how these puppys work. I'm going to be looking at working on shot shaping and strike consistency, my wife will be working on developing her swing and consistent ball striking. Maybe junior will be chasing them around with a baseball glove in a few years!

i love the thought process here sacul! when we take little man over to visit the father in law in TN i take my callaway practice balls to a huge park. i can bang away, little man plays in the sand on the beach volleyball court and it's like it's normal. i couldn't imagine taking him to the range with me.

My wife and I went out to the backyard and tried the birdie balls! They are soooooooo Cool! They really work as advertised. I was hitting my patent little draw and you can actually spend these things backwards! We hit them for about thirty minutes. Kelly loves them and she really liked the strikepad. I would recommend them for anyone wanting to work on your game and or warm up prior to an outing. Great product there and thanks to Tha Shanks for bringing them to my attention..... :banana:

Yeah, the wife is really nervous going to the range as it is, I think having a (possibly) fussy baby with would make her too uncomfortable. So, we'll try these at the park. Maybe when she gets good enough, we can hit them back and forth! Package should be coming in a few days, I'll update with feedback.

My wife and I went out to the backyard and tried the birdie balls! They are soooooooo Cool! They really work as advertised. I was hitting my patent little draw and you can actually spend these things backwards! We hit them for about thirty minutes. Kelly loves them and she really liked the strikepad. I would recommend them for anyone wanting to work on your game and or warm up prior to an outing. Great product there and thanks to Tha Shanks for bringing them to my attention..... :banana:

Your very welcome buddy, I am very glad you like them. They automatically produce the backspin, thats just how they fly.

Alright, so here's my review:

First, thanks to Tha Shanks for bringing these up. A very enticing little device. I got these in the mail on Thursday, less than a week after I ordered them. They came in a very nice box, and each dozen birdieballs were in seperate boxes, packaged similar to golf balls. I ordered a dozen birdieballs, a strike pad, and the tees for the driver. A second dozen were included for free.

My wife just recently got into golf, and while we are very excited about this, it also makes spending the time golfing together very difficult with an infant. Limited flight balls that we can take to the park together as a family, one hitting balls while the other plays with the infant, is a perfect solution. So this morning, a beautiful Saturday with moderate winds, we jumped in the car and headed to the nearest park. A bonus of these balls is that you dont need a huge park, not even one the size of a football field. Just a short strip of grass about 30-40 yards is all you need. We had a bit more room, but sometimes have to watch out for ignorant bywalkers cutting across your "range". My wife used the strikepad, and while I tinkered with it, I prefered to find a patch of short grass to give me a more realistic lie.

Observations:

First, ball flight is as advertised. Realistic, only shorter. Straight is straight, draw is draw, and my every so often slice is still a painful slice. For me, I am working on consistant ball striking and starting to shape shots. Something that I did not think about before trying these is the fact that you get to see your shot dispersions after you are finished with hitting 24 of them, unlike hitting balls at the range. So after hitting a dozen, I can quickly survey the shots and see what my tendancies are, and try to correct. Final note, just as we were about to leave, I pulled out the driver "velocity" tee and hit a birdieball about 70 yards straight with a slight wind-induced fade at the end. Tee'd up a second, took aim, and boom, landed the second about 6 feet from the first. I know what I will be doing next time we go out! :D

For my wife, she is very new, having been to the range 5 times so far. A constant struggle for her is hitting the ball fat or thin, like most beginners. The strikepad, however, allows a golfer to hit the shot fat, yet the ball will still fly, and her hand/wrist will not hurt after repeated fat shots. While I acknowledge that she needs to work on this, right now we are just trying to get the proper motions in place. Not having to worry about constantly sending a pile of dirt downrange after every shot is much appriciated by her. Her first thoughts were "wow, these are easier to hit than golf balls!". Now she wants to do this instead of the range, which for the time being, will probably be better for her swing and confidence. Plus the FUN factor is high!

Finally, the whole set cost me $50. If we add up the times the wife and I have been to the range (5 times), we spend $10 in balls each time. Do the math. These will pay off for themselves quite quickly. The one question I have is durability. The logos scratch off very quickly, and they are made of plastic. Time will tell.

I highly recommend to ANYONE who spends alot of time at the range like I do, anyone looking to learn, and anyone who wants to have fun. Happy golfing!

JB, just a note, perhaps getting ahold of Birdieball and having them at the THP outing? Just a suggestion. I bet you could even get "THP" logos on them...

Alright, so here's my review:

First, thanks to Tha Shanks for bringing these up. A very enticing little device. I got these in the mail on Thursday, less than a week after I ordered them. They came in a very nice box, and each dozen birdieballs were in seperate boxes, packaged similar to golf balls. I ordered a dozen birdieballs, a strike pad, and the tees for the driver. A second dozen were included for free.

My wife just recently got into golf, and while we are very excited about this, it also makes spending the time golfing together very difficult with an infant. Limited flight balls that we can take to the park together as a family, one hitting balls while the other plays with the infant, is a perfect solution. So this morning, a beautiful Saturday with moderate winds, we jumped in the car and headed to the nearest park. A bonus of these balls is that you dont need a huge park, not even one the size of a football field. Just a short strip of grass about 30-40 yards is all you need. We had a bit more room, but sometimes have to watch out for ignorant bywalkers cutting across your "range". My wife used the strikepad, and while I tinkered with it, I prefered to find a patch of short grass to give me a more realistic lie.

Observations:

First, ball flight is as advertised. Realistic, only shorter. Straight is straight, draw is draw, and my every so often slice is still a painful slice. For me, I am working on consistant ball striking and starting to shape shots. Something that I did not think about before trying these is the fact that you get to see your shot dispersions after you are finished with hitting 24 of them, unlike hitting balls at the range. So after hitting a dozen, I can quickly survey the shots and see what my tendancies are, and try to correct. Final note, just as we were about to leave, I pulled out the driver "velocity" tee and hit a birdieball about 70 yards straight with a slight wind-induced fade at the end. Tee'd up a second, took aim, and boom, landed the second about 6 feet from the first. I know what I will be doing next time we go out! :D

For my wife, she is very new, having been to the range 5 times so far. A constant struggle for her is hitting the ball fat or thin, like most beginners. The strikepad, however, allows a golfer to hit the shot fat, yet the ball will still fly, and her hand/wrist will not hurt after repeated fat shots. While I acknowledge that she needs to work on this, right now we are just trying to get the proper motions in place. Not having to worry about constantly sending a pile of dirt downrange after every shot is much appriciated by her. Her first thoughts were "wow, these are easier to hit than golf balls!". Now she wants to do this instead of the range, which for the time being, will probably be better for her swing and confidence. Plus the FUN factor is high!

Finally, the whole set cost me $50. If we add up the times the wife and I have been to the range (5 times), we spend $10 in balls each time. Do the math. These will pay off for themselves quite quickly. The one question I have is durability. The logos scratch off very quickly, and they are made of plastic. Time will tell.

I highly recommend to ANYONE who spends alot of time at the range like I do, anyone looking to learn, and anyone who wants to have fun. Happy golfing!

Sacul, I am so happy to hear you are liking these things. I liked your review and I agree with everything you had mentioned. I have hit mine a ton of times and I will say theu have been very durable, I havent had any crack or break. I do see that some of the edges are dented but its nothing crazy. I am glad its something for your family to do together. My neighbor is a horrible golfer and I have been working with him in my yard with the birdie balls. We went out yesterday and he broke 100 for the first time ever. He was so happy. That made my day seeing his face.

I just got a set of these as well.
All I did so far was hit a few pitch shots with my GW in the backyard, but I love them so far. The sound it makes when you hit it flush is so satisfying. :)

After further review...I'm still loving practicing with these things and they have really helped my ball striking improve in a short time. I hit them everyday and have hit them with every club in my bag and they seem to be holding up well but the labels do wear off quick.

I shot a 40/51 for a 91 the other day. It's the closest I have ever been to breaking 90 since I started golfing last year and the 51 was all about bad putting. I have to think all my practice with the birdie balls has something to do with it, they will be part of my practice routine for a long time.

Happy to hear others are enjoying hitting these as much as I am.

I've been practicing on my property with the plastic wiffle golf balls but was looking for something that would be more like hitting a real golf ball with limited distance. After reading this thread I went on line and ordered the Birdie Ball strike pad and one dozen birdie balls which came with an extra dozen birdie balls free. I'm not too fond of bending over and picking up individual practice balls so I also ordered the Birdie Ball shag tube which came with 20 birdie balls.
These are a great product. When hit they feel very similar to a golf ball. The birdie ball really fills the need for a good practice ball with limited distance. I like the option of hitting these balls at home without having to always drive to the practice range. I can hit my 44 birdie balls and then use the shag tube to pick them up. When the shag tube is full I just empty into a small pail to hold the extra balls.

nice stuff water! glad you like them. it's amazing to watch how much this thread has grown and to read about how much this training aid has helped so many. it would be cool to be able to send this thread to birdie ball to see if they'd like to offer up a sampling for review.

I tried to find these things at Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith when I was in Indianapolis last week. Alas, they had none in stock. I might just end up pulling the trigger and getting them online since the rest of you seem to be pleased with them.

I think you would enjoy them I would send you one if I had some extras. I only have 10 left, my neighbor finds a way to lose them. hahaha.

nice stuff water! glad you like them. it's amazing to watch how much this thread has grown and to read about how much this training aid has helped so many. it would be cool to be able to send this thread to birdie ball to see if they'd like to offer up a sampling for review.

When I was researching Birdie Balls I sent them an e-mail with some questions about their product. I waited a few days without a response. I gave them a phone call and mentioned I got no response from my e-mail. Paul looked up my e-mail and said it was there but it was never opened. He was to say the least, a little perturbed. I told him that I found his product from THP. He never heard of THP.
The reason I'm telling this story is JB from THP tried to contact Birdie Ball about their product but never received a response. According to Paul he never got the messege. Sounds like someone at Birdie Ball is dropping the ball. I gave Paul THP's info but I'm not sure where its at right now. It is a great product for a realistic limited flight practice ball and would be interesting to have THP test it and see the testers opinions.

When I was researching Birdie Balls I sent them an e-mail with some questions about their product. I waited a few days without a response. I gave them a phone call and mentioned I got no response from my e-mail. Paul looked up my e-mail and said it was there but it was never opened. He was to say the least, a little perturbed. I told him that I found his product from THP. He never heard of THP.
The reason I'm telling this story is JB from THP tried to contact Birdie Ball about their product but never received a response. According to Paul he never got the messege. Sounds like someone at Birdie Ball is dropping the ball. I gave Paul THP's info but I'm not sure where its at right now. It is a great product for a realistic limited flight practice ball and would be interesting to have THP test it and see the testers opinions.

Good work, I like your style. my bro started this thread after I bought the Birdie Balls and ever since they have prob got 10 sales out of it. Not gonna make or break the company but.....they should def see how THP has helped get their name out.

Back