Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasman, what happened to Kershaw last night.
Man, did he bounce back yesterday or what? He managed to outduel one of the best pitchers in baseball with 8 innings 2 hits and 9 k's. The only problem was the shaky first inning.

props to the A's but come on Rays thats two in two years!

Sad.

Griffey found snoozing during game, report says
Fox SportsPRINT EMAIL RSS ADD THIS Updated May 10, 2010 8:30 PM ET
Ken Griffey Jr. was found sleeping in the clubhouse during a Seattle Mariners game last week, The News Tribune of Tacoma, Wash., reported.

Two Mariners players told the newspaper Griffey, the team's left-handed designated hitter, had gone back into the clubhouse during a game and stayed there, dozing in a chair.

“He’d gone back about the fifth inning to get a jacket and didn’t come back," one unnamed player told The News Tribune. "I went back in about the seventh inning – and he was in his chair, sound asleep.”

The question of Griffey's whereabouts had come up when reporters asked manager Don Wakamatsu why he hadn’t used Griffey as a pinch-hitter during the game in question. Wakamatsu didn't answer directly.

Another Mariner told The News Tribune: “He doesn’t sleep well at night, he’s away from his family, he’s comfortable in the clubhouse. They could have awakened him."

Griffey, 40, can't play the field because of problems with a surgically repaired knee. He was hitting .208 through Sunday.

all they had to do was wake Griffey up right? the kid is old now and has earned the right to take catnap if he's tired! :act-up:

I forgot how nasty Haren is. I just watched him mow down the Dodgers in the first 2 innings, 6 k's.

inexcusable behavior. that's Barry Bonds/Bobby Bonilla territory.....
all they had to do was wake Griffey up right? the kid is old now and has earned the right to take catnap if he's tired! :act-up:

lol dont think Bonds could fall asleep cause of the riods and Bobby B got caught playing cards all time right?

PTI is talking about how the Phillies get 84 home games this season....Is MLB run by the same people that run the LPGA?

PTI is talking about how the Phillies get 84 home games this season....Is MLB run by the same people that run the LPGA?

What the hell? Really??

That's ridiculous.

Official MLB Baseball Thread

JB said:
Yes. Lol.

I think it's bunk how they end up with 3 more games but i don't think that home games mean as much in baseball as other sports anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell? Really??

That's ridiculous.

It sure is. You'd think the Yankees could have afforded to buy up the extra home games. hehehe

It sure is. You'd think the Yankees could have afforded to buy up the extra home games. hehehe

Well, hey, if they're giving them out for free...

Are they slowly taking them away from the Pirates or something? :D

THey really just do not get it.

It should go to a neutral site. I really dont see why they are moving it.
The Dodgers played the Pirates last year when the G 20 was going on and everything seemed to be ok. I think it was only a mile from the stadium.

Maybe MLB can step in and say that Halladay cannot pitch against his old team in Philly...or maybe make Ryan Howard eat a 6 foot Party sub from Subway right before each game!

Yankees Phil Hughes, #5 starter, 5-0 1.38 Era, WHIP 0.92. Going back to last year he is 10-0 in his last ten decisions. In 39 innings he has given up just 22 hits. Plus he turns just 24 next month.

Yankees Phil Hughes, #5 starter, 5-0 1.38 Era, WHIP 0.92. Going back to last year he is 10-0 in his last ten decisions. In 39 innings he has given up just 22 hits. Plus he turns just 24 next month.

Its about time one of the prospects the Yankees over hype turns into something. He is looking good.

how about San Diego so far this season, 21-12 and up by 2.5 games in the NL West

how about San Diego so far this season, 21-12 and up by 2.5 games in the NL West

I wonder how long they can keep it up. John Garland is looking pretty awesome right now.

Kansas City. Only team worse is Baltimore (and I wouldn't bet on the Royals to beat them head to head).
Zack Greinke, 2.51 ERA. But our team gives him enough run support to make him 0-4.

Awesome stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back