bkyle

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Andy,

I have started golfing again after a 10 year break. I want to get fit for new clubs based on a static fitting since my swing is evolving.

I am 5'10 with a floor to wrist measurement of 35 inches. I am purchasing a set of mizunos (mx 300). The store said I was standard lie and length. However, on the ping chart it shows a 1.5 degree upright.

I know clubs are different based on brand, but the guy fitting me did not have an answer when I asked him why there was a difference between the lie of the two club models. Worse yet, their computer was down and I could not get the shaft recommendations from the mizuno shaft optimizer.

I did not purchase them because I want the shaft options, plus I am uncertain as to whether or not his static fitting is correct. My swing speed with the fitting club was 88 and 90 the two times I swung it. I would like to purchase from this store due to having a credit there.

So the question is, given my stats, is a mizuno standard lie/length correct for a static fitting for me?

Thanks in advance.

Great question. Just off of your static numbers you would need a club that is 37.5" long with a lie angle of 62*. The swing speed would indicate a stiff flex, but the optimizer would dial in the better fit for weight and so on. My fear is the standard for mizuno is 37.5" with a lie angle of 61*. So you would need a club 1* up from mizuno standard if you were going to play mizunos. That would be a custom order through mizuno. The other option is to get the standard and have them bend the clubs 1* up. The chose is yours. I hope this helps.

Andy,

Thank you for all of your help. That is exactly what I needed to know.

The standard 6 iron for the mizuno's I am looking at is 35.25 length and 61* lie. So, I guess I will need to get a 1/4 inch added to all the shafts and have them built by mizuno 1* upright or bent.

Do you think it is better to have mizuno build them or have the store alter them?

Thanks again.

Either way is going to be fine. All mizuno is going to do is bend the 61 to 62.

Andy,

Just wanted to say thank you. I recieved my clubs last week and finally got to hit them yesterday. I am hitting the ball so much better with these clubs, with the spec's you gave me, than my old off the rack set.

Thanks again!

Back