Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have applications in at various places in IL. I'll check the quad city area over the next couple days. By next week I should have ~40 applications in places.

I have worked as a resident at my current hospital for just under a year now- I applied for current open positions and "I'm sorry" we can't offer you a position right now. I know they were interviewing residents from other institutions and if they even hired on one of them and not me I will seriously flip my lid....

But, as of now, I don't have a job july 1st and I'll have to move from Madison because there are no other positions in the city.
I have applications in at ~20 hospitals throughout 4 states and I have yet to hear back from a single one regarding interviews or filling positions.

I also have to work this weekend (and next)... so I get to spend 24 hours of my weekend putting time in for an institution that doesn't want to keep me on.
"If there is anything that we can do to help in your job search, please let us know..."
B.S.

Gus - I'm confused. 3 of my cousins are doctors and when they were accepted into residency programs - they were all for 3 years. Why is your program only 1 year?

I am a pharmacist, not a doctor per say (though I do have a doctorate)...

In pharmacy residencies are optional, but are becoming more and more necessary to get good jobs within the hospital systems. The first year is a "general practice" and if you choose to do a second year it is considered a "clinical specialty". I applied for second years in infectious disease earlier this year and didn't get one of those either (only 42 positions in the country).

I am currently a visiting professor at UW- so I am also looking at going into academia full time. While it isn't my preferred option, if one happens to be available I may not have much of a choice.

Gus - I'm confused. 3 of my cousins are doctors and when they were accepted into residency programs - they were all for 3 years. Why is your program only 1 year?

good luck Gus hope it works out for you man

the wifey just called me after picking foster up from daycare. his right eye is swollen shut and the people at daycare don't know why. she had a carload of groceries, which is now with me in the office, while she runs him to the doctor. it's always something.

Poor Foster. :sad: Hope his eye is ok. You are def right when you say it is always something.

I am a pharmacist, not a doctor per say (though I do have a doctorate)...

In pharmacy residencies are optional, but are becoming more and more necessary to get good jobs within the hospital systems. The first year is a "general practice" and if you choose to do a second year it is considered a "clinical specialty". I applied for second years in infectious disease earlier this year and didn't get one of those either (only 42 positions in the country).

I am currently a visiting professor at UW- so I am also looking at going into academia full time. While it isn't my preferred option, if one happens to be available I may not have much of a choice.

Is that a PharmD? All my clients are pharmaceutical companies and a lot of the people I work with are PharmD's.

Infectious disease sounds interesting. That's too bad that didn't work out.

Yep- I got my PharmD :)

My tummy isn't feeling good today :(

I should've finished law school....it's sick what attorneys make

I hate it when I come up to a 4 way stop and want to turn right and there is a car that is crowding into that lane. My 21 foot truck doesn't have the turning radius of a Prius people! Luckily I know how to maneuver my machine. They always seems to sit and wait till I get all the way through the turn before they decide what they're going to do. Arg!

everything is blah and this week doesnt look promising

It took a week for USPS to mail something halfway across Orlando. Normally not an issue but when the docs are time sensitive... oh well. I wasn't looking forward to taking a test this Saturday anyway.

It took a week for USPS to mail something halfway across Orlando. Normally not an issue but when the docs are time sensitive... oh well. I wasn't looking forward to taking a test this Saturday anyway.

You shoulda sent it to Kansas City and I could have forwarded it to where it needs to go! Should get there faster going halway across the country and back than it takes to go across town! hehe

You shoulda sent it to Kansas City and I could have forwarded it to where it needs to go! Should get there faster going halway across the country and back than it takes to go across town! hehe

Maybe there's some sort of wormhole from Orlando to KC that makes it go faster. If that's the case then maybe I can wormhole it over there for some BBQ and golf then be back here by dinner.

You find it, let me know. I've got a place to play and a place for BBQ!

menopause

Official Rant of the Day Thread

Sunday_Hacker said:
menopause
Huh? Do we need to change your screen name to Sunday hackerette?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol! thanks hanks needed the laugh, and no its in regards to Mrs. S_H

today is my monday and its gonna be a brutal one...

i also found a crack in my tour stiff driver while cleaning it the other day :sad:

My wife's brother is getting married over labor day, and he wants to do a destination wedding in Mexico. He asks if we have any preferences, to which we reply anything that is resonably priced. His travel agent e-mails us today... he chose the BEST (#1) all-inclusive hotel in mexico, $700 per person for 3 days, not including airfare. If we choose to stay somewhere else, we have to pay $150 per person just to attend the wedding at the hotel! Including airfare, it's looking like a $2700 3-day weekend. I don't know if we can pull this one off...

As if it makes me feel any better, the agent included this: "that cost gives you luxury accommodations with BUTLER service"...

I think I'd (much) rather do the THP outing instead.

Destination weddings can be very frustrating for the attendees. I say go to the outing. Much better value and no boring wedding to attend!

My wife's brother is getting married over labor day, and he wants to do a destination wedding in Mexico. He asks if we have any preferences, to which we reply anything that is resonably priced. His travel agent e-mails us today... he chose the BEST (#1) all-inclusive hotel in mexico, $700 per person for 3 days, not including airfare. If we choose to stay somewhere else, we have to pay $150 per person just to attend the wedding at the hotel! Including airfare, it's looking like a $2700 3-day weekend. I don't know if we can pull this one off...

As if it makes me feel any better, the agent included this: "that cost gives you luxury accommodations with BUTLER service"...

So basically - the guests are paying for the wedding. The $150 covers your meal. I think that your wife's brother or the bride's family should pick up that expense.

sacul, do we have the same brother? sounds like something mine would pull (and i know that he'll see this). dude, that's kind of rough, you kind of have to be there i'm sure. if it's any consolation, i'd rather you make the thp outing as well.

ouch Sacul! thats brutal but hey you gonna get butler service too! :act-up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back