Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
In 5 weeks, I'll be in Hawaii!! I've never been there so it should be fun and intersting too how I hate the beach. Hate is such a strong word, just strongly dislike the beach!!

So we're going to have our own carryon since its costly to checkin luggage. And I will have a purse. But I'm thinking, can I have a carryon, a big tote bag and just shove my purse in that? Would that count? I'm not sure if the rules have subsided with airlines but I'll have my meds with me, my contact stuff with me and my makeup and the travel sizes for those won't even last me the full week. I think if I just put them in plastic bags (whatever size they are) should be fine? Luckily, I probably won't even need a pair of jeans, so that saves some space in my luggage. But I don't even know how to pack for Hawaii or what I need to pack for Hawaii. Help!! I'll be on THP in Hawaii on the cellie :D

You can have a carry-on and one personal item. If you want to put your purse in the carry-on, you could still have a personal item like a bigger purse, laptop, etc. Size limit is 3oz for liquids. They need to be in quart baggies and they will ask to see them.

Pack less than you think you need. I lugged two giant suitcases to FL and wore about 1/2 of things I brought. You can probably do laundry at your timeshare too.

you live in so cal... youre going to hawaii... and you hate the beach? :doh:
i guess it all depends on what youre planning to do in hawaii... but you def wont need jeans or any cool weather gear... which part of hawaii are you going?

Are you and your BF not checking your golf clubs?

you live in so cal... youre going to hawaii... and you hate the beach? :doh:
i guess it all depends on what youre planning to do in hawaii... but you def wont need jeans or any cool weather gear... which part of hawaii are you going?

I'm weird that way!! I'm more of a mountain/city gal :wink: We're going to Oahu and we're a block away from Waikiki beach :)

Are you and your BF not checking your golf clubs?

Nope, no golf clubs. If we do play golf, we can rent them there :) This way, I won't have to worry about them getting lost/damaged/whatever...

You can have a carry-on and one personal item. If you want to put your purse in the carry-on, you could still have a personal item like a bigger purse, laptop, etc. Size limit is 3oz for liquids. They need to be in quart baggies and they will ask to see them.

Pack less than you think you need. I lugged two giant suitcases to FL and wore about 1/2 of things I brought. You can probably do laundry at your timeshare too.

I'm thinking a carryon (with all my clothes and stuff), a bigger bag (and just putting my purse in there). 3 oz?!?! Holy moly, all of my stuff is bigger than 3oz, uh oh!! I guess we'll just have to buy sunscreen there, right? Unless you buy the travel size, LOL.

Will I need to bring an umbrella? :confused2: We're flying Delta, and I was checking up on their website, I'm allowed a carryon, a personal bag, and an umbrella/jacket.

i never used an umbrella... even tho it would rain on a daily... but the rain lasts like 2mins...
if youre staying at a hotel... wouldnt they have everything travel sized there?
be careful around waikiki... dont get lost... there are some rough areas in town

Don't swim near sea turtles. Tiger sharks like sea turtles. Personally, I don't swim in the ocean. Shark phobia. Jellyfish phobia. Big wave crashing down on me phobia. I do like to eat the sea's bounty, however.

Kevin

Hawaii in 2

Hawaii in 2

Don't swim near sea turtles. Tiger sharks like sea turtles. Personally, I don't swim in the ocean. Shark phobia. Jellyfish phobia. Big wave crashing down on me phobia. I do like to eat the sea's bounty, however.

Kevin

Now that you mention it...uh oh!! We've planned a snorkel outing on a catamaran (whatever that is) to swim with sea turtles, YIKES!!! It was either that or swim with the sharks, heck no!!

We leave a week from Saturday, on the 22nd of May, YAY!!! We've got our luau planned and a few other things. Hawaii, LOOK OUT!!!

Sounds like an incredible trip. Liz and I did the swim thing in the Bahamas with the dolphins and had a blast. Have a great time.

dont forget to take tons of pics

dont forget to take tons of pics

The BF has his own camera and I have my own camera and we're both bringing our own :) So he'll have pictures and I will have some as well :) I'll post my pictures when I get back :clapp: now...I just need to get an underwater disposable camera so I can take pictures of sea turtles and other fishies there :wink:

The BF has his own camera and I have my own camera and we're both bringing our own :) So he'll have pictures and I will have some as well :) I'll post my pictures when I get back :clapp: now...I just need to get an underwater disposable camera so I can take pictures of sea turtles and other fishies there :wink:

you might find a few of my golfballs down there... if you see a dollar sign next to the number... its mine

you might find a few of my golfballs down there... if you see a dollar sign next to the number... its mine

I'll be on the lookout for them :wink:

take some pictures of the sharks when you're down there too!

You're going to have a blast and only two weeks to wait. The islands are beautiful make sure you get off the beaten track a little too. Just a word to the wise, watch just how much poi you eat it can make for some exciting times.

You're going to have a blast and only two weeks to wait. The islands are beautiful make sure you get off the beaten track a little too. Just a word to the wise, watch just how much poi you eat it can make for some exciting times.

haa haa haa, thanks LefTe :) I'll be having spam and rice all the time!! On the travel channel they had Rachel Ray's vacations and she went to Oahu in one episode, and she's cheapy esp on her $30/day meals (yeah right) so we're going to some of the places she had on her show!! LOL

enjoy GC! and lots of photos!

im getting homesick already... mmm plate lunches... drop by L&L and get some katsu... mmmm

im getting homesick already... mmm plate lunches... drop by L&L and get some katsu... mmmm

And drop by Leonard's and get some malasadas!

Can you believe there's Spam and Rice at McDonald's in Hawaii?? :twist:

When we went there in 1970, we used to walk there from my grandparents house. They lived right across from the high school (McKinley?) on Kaimuki and that street came out on Kapahulu and Leonard's is I think about a half a block south of that.

We went there several times when we went back in 2003!

Can you believe there's Spam and Rice at McDonald's in Hawaii?? :twist:

I saw that! Of course I think more Spam is consumed per capita in Hawaii than anywhere else.

I saw that! Of course I think more Spam is consumed per capita in Hawaii than anywhere else.

I believe it. Hawaii hosts the annual Spam Jam every year - I understand it's a huge event!

mmmmm Spam! :sick:

Back