Raising a kid: How much does it cost?

It is definitely worth and it seems that you always find a way to make it work. However, people keep asking when we're having our second and I keep telling them they are crazy.

that's where i'm at right now, but this old softy will definitely be adding more lovely calloway's to the world.

I can honestly say that it's a little easier with #2 since you're used to the sleepless nights and the scheduling. Don't wait too long if you want you're kids to be buddies. So go spread your seed!

Well, if we don't have another, it won't be for lack of trying.

The bad thing about that calculator is that it is in 2006 dollars. Just wait till inflation gets to baloon those #'s.

I'm sure I'll take the dive someday, but not any day soon.

I can't look at this right now!!!!!!!!!! I have the first one on the way due in December and I already know that every dollar I would normally spend on golf will be gone and put towards the baby! With that being siad I really don't think I will care one bit that I will be using my clubs I have after this year for the foreseeable future! The baby on the way has made me happier now than I think I have ever been!

Well, if we don't have another, it won't be for lack of trying.

You know what they say... the best part of having kids is making them.

I can't look at this right now!!!!!!!!!! I have the first one on the way due in December and I already know that every dollar I would normally spend on golf will be gone and put towards the baby! With that being siad I really don't think I will care one bit that I will be using my clubs I have after this year for the foreseeable future! The baby on the way has made me happier now than I think I have ever been!

congrats man, i love your excitement. the best feeling in the world is the first time my little man said golf! he's 18 months old and loves to go out in the yard and hit balls with me. he uses a full on 56* wedge and has no problem making contact. it's awesome to watch.

I'd rather keep practicing. :wink:

i love practicing! just make sure to be careful dirt, we can't have little gis babies all over the midwest, haha

congrats man, i love your excitement. the best feeling in the world is the first time my little man said golf! he's 18 months old and loves to go out in the yard and hit balls with me. he uses a full on 56* wedge and has no problem making contact. it's awesome to watch.

Thank you! I really can't wait!

i love practicing! just make sure to be careful dirt, we can't have little gis babies all over the midwest, haha

I don't think I'll need a fleet of super nerds running around. Just enough to handle the farm work when I eventually go back home.

I don't think I'll need a fleet of super nerds running around. Just enough to handle the farm work when I eventually go back home.

LMAO man, super nerds! so you're just cheap and want free labor?

Add to that the studies on marital happiness that shows it dropping once you have kids, dropping further as they get older, and bottoming out when they're teens. It finally starts rising again when the nest empties.

That survival/reproduction instinct is just amazing.

congrats cja09!

Back