What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it wasn't today but friday 5/7 I had 20 putts on the front 9 for a 48, and on the back 16 putts for a 42, 36 putts and a 90 for my lowest round ever so 6 times out this year and I've broken 100 twice, I think this is going to be a great year.

well it wasn't today but friday 5/7 I had 20 putts on the front 9 for a 48, and on the back 16 putts for a 42, 36 putts and a 90 for my lowest round ever so 6 times out this year and I've broken 100 twice, I think this is going to be a great year.

Good job. Funny how fewer putts leads to better scores. I wish I would remember that more often.

Kevin

49 on the front 9 at Hodge park and a 53 on the back taking a 10 on number 10.I'm not too disappointed since it was my first time out this year.

Had a round of 73 with 32 putts and 3 three putts.also hit my first drive in the water.
7 fairways and 12 greens.

Wasn't pretty,but thanks to the putter and good chipping kept me going

Shot an 80 today... Recently moved from the high altitude and low humidity of northern Utah to San Diego, CA and am having a little trouble figuring out my iron distances - only hit 3 greens today.

I shot an 81 (42, 39) today! Yippee!!! That's my best so far this year. Felt great!

I shot an 81 (42, 39) today! Yippee!!! That's my best so far this year. Felt great!

you go girl! haven't heard from your old man in a while, you must be putting a hurtin' on him on the golf course.

Nice round KellyBo! What's your personal best?

Nice round KellyBo! What's your personal best?

I shot 79 two days in a row about 3 years ago. The 81 is the best in at least a year.

Shot an 80 today... Recently moved from the high altitude and low humidity of northern Utah to San Diego, CA and am having a little trouble figuring out my iron distances - only hit 3 greens today.

hope you enjoy diego... i miss it

QUOTE=tcalloway1;270843]you go girl! haven't heard from your old man in a while, you must be putting a hurtin' on him on the golf course.[/QUOTE]

Well let's just see how the wheels turn in Florida :D.......... No more big mouthing from the big bear!!!

Last edited:
KellyBo can shoot some low numbers when she is back into golf. I remember last year she shot back to back 78/79 for two rounds! With that said I did not have a bad weekend. My four man scramble team won a set of Nickent irons for finishing 1st in the 2nd flight of our tournament Saturday. Then today myself and the Senior champ won the second flight in our Wednesday night scramble and banked $50.00 bucks..... hmmmmmmm a good weekend but KellyBo willl clean your clock when she is on so I hope I get her as my team mate if we have a scramble in the Fla Sept event. Very long off the tee for a short skort :clapp:

dude, you won some irons and some money! congrats.

i'll gladly take her money and yours in florida....hehe

I shot someone the bird on my drive in today. It was justified (BTW, great show on FX)

I shot someone the bird on my drive in today. It was justified (BTW, great show on FX)

ah yeah, road raging! i do it on a daily basis.

Hey we have our first of six lessons this Friday. Kelly and I will be working with Bobby Hix who worked with Ray Cutright. Ray was the head pro at Sea Island for several years. Hix is well reknown as a very good golf instructor and rated in the top 50 in the Southeast. I plan on picking his brain real good so I can work on some of my many swing flaws.

You will probaly take my money anyway Calloway. Old Gray can no longer hang with the young bucks so I'm not even going to worry about it. Now one thing for sure is you are not going to have more fun that me :D

Last edited:
I really want dual side mounted 50 cal's like Mad Max!

it can only be mad max style if you'll eat canned dog food.

Hey we have our first of six lessons this Friday,,,, from Bobby Nix who worked with Ray Cutright who was head pro at Sea Island for several years. Nix is well reknown as a very good golf instructor so I plan on picking his brain real good so I can be ready for ya :eek:).... I am just glad to be heading to Fla to meet some of these show nuff real pro golfers!!!!!

i don't know about pro golfers, but the fact that we're at pganational, will have demo mornings, unlimited range access is all a true golf fan can ask for.

Nice round jc.

49 on the front 9 at Hodge park and a 53 on the back taking a 10 on number 10.I'm not too disappointed since it was my first time out this year.
Been a long time since I played Hodge. Nice track from what I remember.

Had another weird round today. 38 on the front and 45 on the back. What is weird is our front nine is much harder than the back nine yet the last to times out I have shot far better on the front nine and played like a dog on the back. Frustrating I guess I need to concentrate harder when I make the turn.

Shot a 91 today. Studying for finals killed my short game as I couldn't chip to save my life. Plus playing on aerated greens....ugh.

But pleased with the state of my game after taking about 4 weeks off with no playing or practicing...driving was good, irons were good, short game no bueno, and putting good. Just need to stay a bit more focused and stop when something feels wrong instead of thinking, "hey, I can fix it on the downswing!"

JB was 100 percent correct when he said I should not be putting pressure on KellyBO and I retract all statements to that affect. I have my yoyo days, she has hers, and I'm sure most folks on here know what I am talking about. I get too excited when the days seem perfect. That's when the old mouth outruns the brain.. Let me say we are going down to enjoy the comradeship and have a good time. If myself or Kelly both shoot 100 + and have a good time doing it, then so be. Golf is WAY too fickle of a game to expect good play day in and day out. Heck we would be on the tour if that was the case and as we all know, even those guys have their down periods. Ok so from now on it's going to be about playing the GAME of golf. No pressure applied, no unnessary stress, and a bunch of good old times to be had in September.

dont sweat it gray its all good we love ya big guy!

The front was ugly.... but I shot a 44 on the back 9! That is a personal best! :alien2:

dont sweat it gray its all good we love ya big guy!

hmmmmmmmm Hack that COLD BEER Avatar sure looks good ! :eek:)..... You know Polar Bears like Cold stuff!

Thanks buddy and I appreciate ya :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back