Open a special bottle lately?

ek49

Reaction score
Handicap
Curious to know if anyone has opened a special bottle of wine or spirits lately.
What was the occassion and how was the experience?

Celebrated my 40th birthday recently with some terrific Bordeaux.
I spent it with a small group of friends and family and we opened the following: '79 Latour, '87 Lafite, '88 Lafite, '81 Margaux, '00 Cantermerle.
The wines were remarkable, and I understand why some of these are the most sought after bottles in the world. The evolution of these wines over time is nothing short of magical. The real winner of the evening was the '81 Margaux.

We have not, but the 14th may bring something perhaps.

I want to say it was a 40 year old Johnnie Walker Black that a friend of the family opened. I don't know my ScotchWhiskies but it was pretty potent.

1995 Quilceda Creek cabernet & 1999 Ridge Monte Bello are the two big ones that we opened for our 15th anniversary weekend.

Good friends had a baby last week. We celebrated with a 1996 Dom Perignon.

1995 Quilceda Creek cabernet & 1999 Ridge Monte Bello are the two big ones that we opened for our 15th anniversary weekend.

Did the QC live up to it for you? I had the 97 last year and it was kind of a let down. Hope yours was the real deal. The 99 RMB is just that darn good.

Did the QC live up to it for you? I had the 97 last year and it was kind of a let down. Hope yours was the real deal. The 99 RMB is just that darn good.

The 95 QC was fantastic with an hour decant. It was our first QC, also have 06 & 07 in the cellar. RMB is great juice, joined their futures club in 2006.

Back