2010 Callaway X-24 Hot Irons Coming In May

Not digging the orange at all but they had to do something different than the blue and red is already reserved for the Diablo line. I wonder how that finish will hold up on those clubs?

Not digging the orange at all but they had to do something different than the blue and red is already reserved for the Diablo line. I wonder how that finish will hold up on those clubs?

I think these clubs are gorgeous, but I have the same concern. Hopefully someone who has significant use out of their black nickel wedges or the CG7 irons can help there. How does the black finish hold up over an extended period of time? If they're good irons, I'd probably game them for 2+ years.. not sure I'd want to invest in clubs that wouldn't hold their finish for that long.

On another note, the callaway demo day on June 5th is sounding more and more appealing..

Re: 2010 Callaway X-24 Hot Irons Coming In May

Schweitzer_07 said:
I think these clubs are gorgeous, but I have the same concern. Hopefully someone who has significant use out of their black nickel wedges or the CG7 irons can help there. How does the black finish hold up over an extended period of time? If they're good irons, I'd probably game them for 2+ years.. not sure I'd want to invest in clubs that wouldn't hold their finish for that long.

On another note, the callaway demo day on June 5th is sounding more and more appealing..
I have the cg7's and I have to say they age very well ;). I practice with my 3 iron alot and its weari g off but its pretty. I use that to practice so i dont wear out my other ones. Im sure that will change once the honeymoon is over. My gunmetal nickent wedges havent worn off at all. Im looking forward to seeing these clubs first hand. The orange just keeps getting better the more i look at it. Sorry for the ramble!

The orange is just not doing it for me. I will of course give them a go when they do come out.

Psychology of Color: Orange

The most flamboyant color on the planet. It's the color tied most this fun times, happy and energetic days, warmth and organic products. It is also associated with ambition. There is nothing even remotely calm associated with this color. Orange is associated with a new dawn in attitude. It is also the color of Lady Luck.

COLOR ME ORANGE AND FIRST IN LINE TO PLAY THESE BAD BOYS !!!!!

some people are already gaming these irons and let me tell you they are the real deal ... anyone thinking about getting new irons would do very well to wait for these to hit retail ...

It seems like the orange is really popular with the younger crowd........everyone loves it when Ricky Fowler rolls out in his bright orange. Just a thought..........I'll bet it looks great in person.

I think these look sweet. I'm a huge fan of orange. My last two golf bags have been orange.

I see a little Rapture V2 in the color of the club. The orange is a little loud for me, but if they work on the course the dislike of looks can be forgotten.

It seems like the orange is really popular with the younger crowd........everyone loves it when Ricky Fowler rolls out in his bright orange.

Not everyone :nono:

Maybe as a Oregon State Beaver football fan I was looking through Orange colored glasses Grogger !:D

found this pic on callaway's facebook page. they had a demo day at sawgrass. these are certainly growing on me. JB, any idea if you might be reviewing these any time soon?

31236_10150168862745640_125952115639_12247418_3125118_n.jpg

the orange is not so much the problem for me any more, rather the orange "HOT". why did they have to do that? i love the finish on these irons.

I like em different and hot

2010 Callaway X-24 Hot Irons Coming In May

I think the orange is one of those types of colors that you may have to check out in person to see if it looks good or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

found this pic on callaway's facebook page. they had a demo day at sawgrass. these are certainly growing on me. JB, any idea if you might be reviewing these any time soon?

We should be soon. They did not have any media sets available last week because of the event at TPC (that we were supposed to go to). They said as soon as they do, they will send them over. We are looking forward to it.

We should be soon. They did not have any media sets available last week because of the event at TPC (that we were supposed to go to). They said as soon as they do, they will send them over. We are looking forward to it.

me too JB! i'm a big fan of the 22's, but the fact that these have embraced more of the vft technology is really appealing to me. i dare say that these are going to feel incredible. i also can't wait to see some them via thp pictures. i want to see them from all angles. i can't really tell from the pics but do these have the bore thru hosel? it doesn't look like it.

i can't really tell from the pics but do these have the bore thru hosel? it doesn't look like it.

actually, from the pics, you can see that they do in fact have the bore through hosel

Yeah they do, you can see them just a little bit almost like they tried to hide it.

actually, from the pics, you can see that they do in fact have the bore through hosel

Yeah they do, you can see them just a little bit almost like they tried to hide it.

thanks fellas. i just couldn't really tell. plus the hosel design (up on the shaft) is different from years past so i wasn't sure.

because they're RH clubs.... lol

these have piqued my interest and can't wait to see the review and potentially hit them at the next Outing. I'm not looking to change my irons just yet but these may make me want to

thanks fellas. i just couldn't really tell. plus the hosel design (up on the shaft) is different from years past so i wasn't sure.

because they're RH clubs.... lol

these have piqued my interest and can't wait to see the review and potentially hit them at the next Outing. I'm not looking to change my irons just yet but these may make me want to

i know man, i want to hear JB's thoughts on them as soon as they show up, then i want callaway to step up, send a left handed set to the outing so that i can hit them (or at least send a 6 iron or something)

I think these irons look great, and know two people that cant wait to try them out.

As for the orange, Im sure it is pure marketing. They need something eye-catching, to bring attention to it almost unconsciously. they already use red for the Diablo brand, so that would probably leave a bright green and bright yellow...I choose Orange there.

There is a reason the new taylormade ghost is all white, close to the same concept here in my opinion.

Back