Measured the swingweight of my woods and came away surprised

rjb01camaross

Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday I was playing golf and got paired up with a couple local guys and we had a good chat about golf clubs and swingweight. One of the guys who swings a G15 with a mid 70's shaft ask to check out my driver and 3wood and immediately with both he is surprised by how heavy they are compared to his. This made me really ask myself how much my clubs really weight in at so today I went to GS and received the following results.

Driver- Callaway RAZR Fit- Aldila RIP NV 60 Stiff flex: Weight D9

3wood- TM R11 TP- Fujikura Motore F3 80 Stiff flex: Weight D5

I gotta say I am not to surprised in the weight of my 3wood but the driver really blew me away considering its a stock driver. Has anyone else measured their stock RAZR Fit for comparison?

What grip do you have on the driver?

I never measured mine but always felt it was heavy. Think stock swing weight is D6 on the callaway site. I never liked the heavy weight but mine was custom ordered and fitted.

It's the stock golf pride new decade multi compound grip.

Have you changed anything such as cut it shorter or anything at all?
Was it purchased new?

Have you changed anything such as cut it shorter or anything at all?
Was it purchased new?

I haven't changed anything on it. I haven't measured it but the stock length is 45.5 inches I think. I bought it new about 3 years ago

I haven't changed anything on it. I haven't measured it but the stock length is 45.5 inches I think. I bought it new about 3 years ago

Very strange. Im going to look into this for you.

That's nuts. I'm really interested as to what mine are now.

My Razr-Fit is a stock 8.5° with the same Ripd NV shaft and weighs in at D6

My Razr-Fit is a stock 8.5° with the same Ripd NV shaft and weighs in at D6

That is about what I was expecting which was why after the first reading of D9 he tried it 2 more times because he thought something was wrong with the scale

I wanted to update everyone that I talked to Callaway today and my driver is on its way to Carlsbad to be evaluated. They said the driver stock weight should be D5 instead of D9.

Just got off the phone with Callaway. They weighed my driver I sent and it weighed in at E0 on their scale. They don't modify/customize older clubs so the only thing they would do is send me a X2 Hot which is only offered in D3. I asked for anything in D5 weight but this was the best he could do so I will give it a shot.

I had a similar issue with a Taylor Made driver several years back. Don't remember what the swing weight was/supposed to be now but it was off about 3 or 4 (too light). I notified TM customer service and they sent me a shipping label to send it back. Got a new one back from them. Driver was only about a year old at the time.

After looking up the specs I called them back and since the closest club comparable to what I had is the 815 Alpha w Diamana S+ stiff, they agreed to send that instead. Only bad news it might not ship until mid Feb but I am happy they are giving me a more comparable club to what I had instead of the X2 Hot which would probably had been a ballon machine for me.

After looking up the specs I called them back and since the closest club comparable to what I had is the 815 Alpha w Diamana S+ stiff, they agreed to send that instead. Only bad news it might not ship until mid Feb but I am happy they are giving me a more comparable club to what I had instead of the X2 Hot which would probably had been a ballon machine for me.

That's quite the upgrade you're getting! Love Callaway customer service.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Back