Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys in this category try to stick with one particular brand/type ball for a round, or do you just play whatever the cheapest things you can get are or find?

I like to stick to one brand at a time to try and keep more consistent distances and characteristics with the short clubs. I only play balls in the $10-$15 price range that are "distance" or some type of lower spin ball. I was really liking softer balls awhile back, but just getting back into things I'm mostly hitting cheaper Top Flite distance balls. However, I think the next balls I buy, I'll try some soft noodles of some type.

I have switched to the e5 and that is all I use during a round. It is the best ball I've found for my swing. It gives me a higher trajectory and has a soft cover. Great ball, especially for the price.

Do you guys in this category try to stick with one particular brand/type ball for a round, or do you just play whatever the cheapest things you can get are or find?

I like to stick to one brand at a time to try and keep more consistent distances and characteristics with the short clubs. I only play balls in the $10-$15 price range that are "distance" or some type of lower spin ball. I was really liking softer balls awhile back, but just getting back into things I'm mostly hitting cheaper Top Flite distance balls. However, I think the next balls I buy, I'll try some soft noodles of some type.

I've been trying different balls so I can figure out what works best for what I want. For the longest time I wouldn't touch a $40/doz ball because it just hurts too much in the wallet due to the frequency of lost balls. I just recently switched to the Srixon Tour Yellows because I noticed that I tend to lose them less (even on water/woods shots) which lessens the pain. It's also a great ball for what I want the ball to do. I still have other brand and type balls in the bag that I use but those are for emergency use.

Itry and play the same ball when I'm on the course, unless I lose them (down a hill, off a cliff, in the water, just can't find it, etc) unless there's water then I'll switch to one of my cheapy balls (the Pinnacles). But I normally play with either the Lady Precepts or the Srixon Z-Stars depending on how I'm hitting the ball that day. If I'm hitting the ball great, I'll play my Srixon Z-Stars, if I'm hitting them ok, then I'll play my Precepts and if I just can't hit them that great period, then I'll use a Pinnacle :)

I use mostly TF gamers v1 or 2. I have a few TF D2 feels kicking around. They are around $17 a dozen, so Idon't sweat losing them. I may not be getting any extra distance but I do ok around/on the green with them. I probably should try out some different balls to see what happens.

I've been playing the Nike Crush lately. nice middle of the road ball for the budget. I played the Nike Juice all last year. For some reason though I always lose Nike balls more than any other brand. I think its some kind of conspiracy to make me buy more...

108 today. front 9 was HORRIBLE. Couldn't have been any worse. a 62! then had a 46 on the back 9. Go figure. Maybe I should play a 9 hole warm-up before every round...

Nice score on the back China.

Frustrating day for me. Quit keeping score after the first few holes. There were two outings that backed up the course horribly. Drunks doing crazy stuff and hooting/hollering. It really sucked. I did par one hole and had some nice approach shots. Overall, I played like crap. My game kind of matched my mood, which is a shame. Shouldn't have let it get to me, but it did. I left after 14 holes in four hours. Ridiculous.

Nice score on the back China.

Frustrating day for me. Quit keeping score after the first few holes. There were two outings that backed up the course horribly. Drunks doing crazy stuff and hooting/hollering. It really sucked. I did par one hole and had some nice approach shots. Overall, I played like crap. My game kind of matched my mood, which is a shame. Shouldn't have let it get to me, but it did. I left after 14 holes in four hours. Ridiculous.

Hmmm, sounds familiar. Although I must say I don't think we were that bad. That's unfortunate. I hate it when outside factors effect my game as well (like as if I didn't have to worry about enough already then you gotta throw that in there). There will be better days. The quest continues.

man china you stink..............lol i thought we were playing today..... in case you read this and not your text messages........ tomorrow morning EARLY (for you we'll say10) we can hit the hawk..... it will be crowded at that time but i can't ever seem to get you up any earlier than that..........

50 on the front and 52 on the back today. A new course I had never played before. (http://www.rijswijksegolf.nl/)

Tougher than my usual course but better maintained. I hit every fairway with the driver- and within 120s yards I was pretty solid. Some stupid 3 puts, and a few errant fairway shots, combined with my lack of course knowledge keep me over the magic 100...

50 on the front and 52 on the back today. A new course I had never played before. (http://www.rijswijksegolf.nl/)

Tougher than my usual course but better maintained. I hit every fairway with the driver- and within 120s yards I was pretty solid. Some stupid 3 puts, and a few errant fairway shots, combined with my lack of course knowledge keep me over the magic 100...

Not bad considering though TS. Just playing a new course for me is 2-5 strokes extra.

1st time out this year after 6 month layoff shot a 102. 49 on the front 53 on the back.So I guess I qualify for the club. I had hoped to be breaking 90 this year but suffered some setbacks. I think my major drawback is not playing smart as some others have stated. I took a 10 on a hole on the back nine and I problely could've saved 4 strokes playing smart on it.Finished with a birdie on par 4 18th so that was a plus. I haven't given up hope but the pain might curtail my love of golfing. When I play I can barely walk after the ride home from a round.

i hate this club i have never even broken 50 on 9 today going into the 9th hole my dad said i needed bogey on the hole to break 50 8 freaking shots later i had a 52 and i was destroyed and had lost all my fight after the turn i just went and sat down on a bench while my dad went to the bathroom and just thought about it. my last 4 rounds have been 103, 102 104,102

i hate this club i have never even broken 50 on 9 today going into the 9th hole my dad said i needed bogey on the hole to break 50 8 freaking shots later i had a 52 and i was destroyed and had lost all my fight after the turn i just went and sat down on a bench while my dad went to the bathroom and just thought about it. my last 4 rounds have been 103, 102 104,102

Once again, that's why I (almost) never check my scores until I am finished with the round.

i do to but my dad just went and said something and i was just stewing

Once again, that's why I (almost) never check my scores until I am finished with the round.

I can attest to that... I told you not to ask Smalls. :D

yeah I NEVER look at my score until after the round is over.

Hey Smalls...is that your new puppy?

But I thought you had it filled in before the round...:laughing:

well I am officially getting frustrated. I continue to get worse this year instead of better. Last round was rather ugly (109). I have completely lost what little swing I once had. The new putter experiment has been simply dreadful. the wedges hate me. I think Im going to play tennis from now on...

Re: Trying to Break 100

i know the game is frustrating but you can do it man. Eventually it will just click for you. I swear! Lol.

China Cat>Rider said:
well I am officially getting frustrated. I continue to get worse this year instead of better. Last round was rather ugly (109). I have completely lost what little swing I once had. The new putter experiment has been simply dreadful. the wedges hate me. I think Im going to play tennis from now on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back