thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
This has been a pretty tough spring for me. Generally I find a way to play some golf and get in a bunch of spring fishing, but a few health problems and work has kept me off the lakes completely. However, I finally made it out today, lol. A couple buddies took me to Kansas for the crappie run and we had a blast. Well over 100 crappies, with a few white bass and wipers to boot. We never even stayed late. About three this afternoon we gave it up and started cleaning fish.

I hope everyone else had a great day, mine was a blast.

Good stuff Due, Im glad you got out there.

Very Nice Due,

We used to do a lot of Crappie fishing down at Lake Weiss in Ft. Payne, AL...
Those are some of the best filets of fish ever!!

Thanks guy's, it was a blast. May be some time before I can get back out, but that once was well worth the drive.

You know what I like? Seeing pictures of fish people catch. Come on, duey, let's see some pics of that pile of crappies. How'd you catch 'em?

Kevin

duey, i'm glad you got out on the water man! good for you, it sounded like a blast. i'll be going bow fishing this weekend with a good friend and can't wait. i've never done it before but he says it's a blast.

Sorry Esox, we only got one picture and that was after we fileted the fish, lol. So, here it is. We got 3 1 gallon bags of fish for a first step towards a fry this summer. We actually caught almost every fish trolling. I've never done that for crappie, but the guy's wanted an easy day on the lake joking around and just having fun. We tipped jigs and roadrunners with minnows and drifted coves with the wind or trolling moter at times and they still bit like crazy. I have no doubt we could have doubled the catch jigging the shallows and brush piles.

TC, your in for some real fun bow fishing. I'm not very good at it, but we shoot all the carp we can up here, lol. Good luck!

105Crappie.jpg

nice haul buddy. yeah, he's a competitive bow fisher so it should be fun. i'll mostly be drinking some cold beers, haha.

Glad to hear you got back to the water. Sounds like you and your pals didn't forget how to reel 'em in over the long winter. I hope you get quite a stock built up in the freezer for your fish fry.

duey, i'm glad you got out on the water man! good for you, it sounded like a blast. i'll be going bow fishing this weekend with a good friend and can't wait. i've never done it before but he says it's a blast.

My favorite is bowfishing the Asian Carp at a lake near home. They just hop up out of the water as you drive by and it seems like a real-life game of whack-a-mole.

Glad to hear you got back to the water. Sounds like you and your pals didn't forget how to reel 'em in over the long winter. I hope you get quite a stock built up in the freezer for your fish fry.

My favorite is bowfishing the Asian Carp at a lake near home. They just hop up out of the water as you drive by and it seems like a real-life game of whack-a-mole.

I've seen that on tv. That looks like some crazy fun to me. I keep telling my buddies I could never do that, I'd shoot someone in the boat when the first one jumped out of the water, haha. Those thing jump clear out and hit people in the boats.

Sorry Esox, we only got one picture and that was after we fileted the fish, lol.

:laughing: Too funny. I took a casual glance at that pic. and went ":wtf: is that fish!? Takes two guys to hold it up!?"

Glad you had such a nice day!

Sorry Esox, we only got one picture and that was after we fileted the fish, lol. So, here it is. We got 3 1 gallon bags of fish for a first step towards a fry this summer. We actually caught almost every fish trolling. I've never done that for crappie, but the guy's wanted an easy day on the lake joking around and just having fun. We tipped jigs and roadrunners with minnows and drifted coves with the wind or trolling moter at times and they still bit like crazy. I have no doubt we could have doubled the catch jigging the shallows and brush piles.

TC, your in for some real fun bow fishing. I'm not very good at it, but we shoot all the carp we can up here, lol. Good luck!

I Like pictures of fillets, too. When are you frying those up? I should get my schedule organized. One of those bags should be good for me.

I've never fished crappie, but I think guys troll for 'em in southern Cheeseland. You can't troll in most places in northern Cheeseland.

Kevin

I've seen that on tv. That looks like some crazy fun to me. I keep telling my buddies I could never do that, I'd shoot someone in the boat when the first one jumped out of the water, haha. Those thing jump clear out and hit people in the boats.

It is pretty crazy. I had one friend get his nose broken by one. It jumpeed out of the water as they were cruising around 15-20mph and smacked him square in the face. Almost knocked him out.

It is pretty crazy. I had one friend get his nose broken by one. It jumpeed out of the water as they were cruising around 15-20mph and smacked him square in the face. Almost knocked him out.

I think there's been a couple boaters either killed or seriously injured by those stupid things. Whomever let those get into the river systems should be hung. I think it was a government employee.

Kevin

LMAO duey, that just cracked me up man. although, i'd probably shoot someone too!

I wish we could have gotten a picture of the fish before cleaning. The three of us were in a hurry to clean the before the rain started back up and go get a beer. Don't really look like a bunch to me, but thats crappie and we never kept anything even remotely small. Our largest two were 15 inches and we had a few 12" or so. Most were in the 13" to 14" range. Not sure yet when we'll cook them, but sure your officially invited Esox. Crappie and walleye if we can find a bunch more.

I think there's been a couple boaters either killed or seriously injured by those stupid things. Whomever let those get into the river systems should be hung. I think it was a government employee.
Kevin

probably one of them damn yankee fans, lol.

LMAO duey, that just cracked me up man. although, i'd probably shoot someone too!

LOL, I'm horrible with a bow. Something to do with my height I think, hehe

Kevin

NOT IT!

I heard they were about to make their way into the great lakes. What a shame.

nice haul buddy. yeah, he's a competitive bow fisher so it should be fun. i'll mostly be drinking some cold beers, haha.

yea unhuh, You won't be shooting fish old buddy, you wll be shooting yourself in the foot or boat hull after a few of them brewskees :eek:)!

Back