DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked for you out there brother! The only thing I was disappointed in was the sand on the greens...and it seemed like, when it was my putt, I had to go through more sand on the way to the hole than my playing partners lol. The hard bunkers on #2 and 3 cost me probably 5 strokes. I blasted one on #3 into the adjoining fairway through the woods! I did get on #9 in 2 though - and promptly 3 putted!

We teed off around 11:30. I agree.....the sand in the bunkers was pretty packed. I went in the bunker on hole 18.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just wanted to thank the Marylanders that offered advice for instructors. I had it down to rock rousnaville(bulle rock), joe plecker, Jeff bell(rocky pt) and Michael murphy(winters run) and I went with Rick rousnaville from bulle rock. He is a authorized TGM instructor and really like idea and had some early success with it from Lynn Blake vids. Will post update vids or swing before and after. Thanks again

Awesome. Good luck with your lessons and here is to getting better in 2015.

Anyone here a member to piney branch in md. I was able to play in an outing there and had a wonderful time. Food was great and course was great, very tough greens. Also there pro john Francisco has serious game, n has faired well in open tourneys. I was able to get a waiver to play course again with guest and would like to hook up with member

Anyone here a member to piney branch in md. I was able to play in an outing there and had a wonderful time. Food was great and course was great, very tough greens. Also there pro john Francisco has serious game, n has faired well in open tourneys. I was able to get a waiver to play course again with guest and would like to hook up with member

I almost joined 3 or 4 years ago. I know that does you no good. But really enjoyed the course the few times I played it.

And oh those greens are some of the toughest around to hit. You need a sharp short game to score well there.

I almost joined 3 or 4 years ago. I know that does you no good. But really enjoyed the course the few times I played it.

And oh those greens are some of the toughest around to hit. You need a sharp short game to score well there.

you are 100percent right, you need to either be on with irons and hit to right area or miss it perfectly you were in trouble if u had a putt at any length u were in trouble. Def tough place to play if not with experienced player and haven't played it before. But great course. Caa beat where do u normally play

Any people as stupid as me thinking about playing tomorrow?? 41 and sunny is doable!

Any people as stupid as me thinking about playing tomorrow?? 41 and sunny is doable!
Bigball:
I thought about it especially since there's an executive 9 right next to the hotel I'm at, but with the family in tow, it makes that dream all but impossible.

MDHacker

PS - to everyone, have a safe and
Happy New Year

Post via Taptalk

you are 100percent right, you need to either be on with irons and hit to right area or miss it perfectly you were in trouble if u had a putt at any length u were in trouble. Def tough place to play if not with experienced player and haven't played it before. But great course. Caa beat where do u normally play

Well mostly Waverly Woods. But in 2015, it will be wherever THP'ers are gathering.

I used to work about 15 minutes or so from Piney Branch, that's why I was considering. However it was the opposite direction from home, so it would have been a 45 minute drive home afterward and each way on weekends.

Now I work in MoCo and live in HoCo.

Bigball:
I thought about it especially since there's an executive 9 right next to the hotel I'm at, but with the family in tow, it makes that dream all but impossible.

MDHacker

PS - to everyone, have a safe and
Happy New Year

Post via Taptalk

Hey stranger. Happy New Year.

Where are you now? You guys are away from home more than at home :)

Wish more people were over on the shore. Contemplating this weekend if the temp is right and the rain holds off.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Wish more people were over on the shore. Contemplating this weekend if the temp is right and the rain holds off.

UVAWahoo is as close to the shore as you can get without being there. And I know a few of us don't mind traveling over for a good round. River Marsh and Heritage Shores are two of my favorites that are a reasonable drive.

UVAWahoo is as close to the shore as you can get without being there. And I know a few of us don't mind traveling over for a good round. River Marsh and Heritage Shores are two of my favorites that are a reasonable drive.

I'm up for planning something if a couple of us want to get together. Both of those courses are nice!

I'm up for planning something if a couple of us want to get together. Both of those courses are nice!

Sounds good. Our stable of MD/VA/DC THP'ers is growing. Definitely looking forward to many rounds with the group this year.

Sounds good. Our stable of MD/VA/DC THP'ers is growing. Definitely looking forward to many rounds with the group this year.

Agreed. 2015 is gonna be awesome.

need to check on something for saturday evening, might be able to make that venture

Just throwing it out there as i forgot to ask this awhile back. anyone on here a member or know a member at chevy chase golf club????

I'll be at the UMD golf course at noon tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. 20 bucks after noon. I'd love some thp company!

If you don't mind playing with an old f@rt that is not real good at it, I would enjoy the experience of Eastern Shore golf with you. I live in Annapolis and my office is on Kent Island, so I play mostly on the shore. With the demise of Hunters Oak, my buds and I play River Marsh quite often. They sell a card for 6 rounds for $240. Well they did last year, not sure about the coming year. It is a great course and would be even better if they blew up hole 17.

How was the round?
I'll be at the UMD golf course at noon tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. 20 bucks after noon. I'd love some thp company!

Just got off. Played pretty crap, putting was on but couldn't hit the woods at all. 87 with one epic 40 foot bunker hole out.

Gonna give it another try at Langston or East Potomac in the morning

The epic shots make it worthwhile for me. Have fun tomorrow morning.

Only just saw this thread now. I live in Round Hill, VA (which is in Loudoun County) and play out of Stoneleigh CC. Great to make everybody's virtual acquaintance.

Andre

Only just saw this thread now. I live in Round Hill, VA (which is in Loudoun County) and play out of Stoneleigh CC. Great to make everybody's virtual acquaintance.

Andre

Welcome. I was out near your way today, Leesburg. I haven't played Stoneleigh in probably 15 years. I heard it went private?

Yep it is now private and in really good condition (thought at the moment with frozen greens and bunkers that is a relative term). In spring and summer the course is fabulously maintained and one of the best conditioned tracks around.

A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back