2015 Golf Resolution

Practice more and have fun

Get my handicap down to 10-12 range and make a THP event! Not necessarily in that order.

TO HAVE FUN! :banana:regardless of the outcome.
The years fly by too quickly to do otherwise.

And "if" I could just get a touch more consistent and get the cap down a point or two then I would like to participate in a would be first time competitive event at my home course.

Just go for that event! Having a higher handicap gets you more strokes and you might have a better than expected round which would count as a bonus! Playing a competitive event is great for gaining experience and you'll have more fun afterwards, I promise!

That was a lot of exclamation points! :comp:

Get better around the green. Stop giving away shots because of mental lapses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play in a THP event. Which will be happening in about 3 weeks.
Play more golf. Practice more. work on my ball striking. Work to get my handicap in the mid teens

Big one is become a better putter

Qualify for the city championship next year by placing in the top 30 this year.

Other than that just to be more consistent.

Mine is pretty simple: I'm going to keep better track of my game. Where am I improving? Where am I getting worse? I usually do a terrible job of this.

Get below 15 handicap by hitting more fairways and greens in regulation.

I'm going to make a run at playing with the same clubs the entire year.
I also plan on trying to get in to several THP events in 2015!

I'm extremely close to cutting my handicap literally in half by keeping all of my tee shots in play. I'm going to continue to focus on getting the driver/3 sold under control. After that I will focus on really cutting my HC down by improving my short game and building consistency with my putting.

My non-golf resolution is to get in better shape. I would like to lose 25 pounds (245 to 220 or so). I think doing so could help my game (it definitely won't hurt my game). Part of the weight loss plan involves getting a stand bag and walking a few holes every day after work that I can which should really help my game.

Short game, short game, short game.... And get a new driver and three wood.

I would like to be a more consistent player. Specifically...
1) Keep all my tee shots in play (preferably in the fairway)
2) Hit more greens from 150 yds and in (no excuses not to)
3) No more three putts (need to stay focus at all times)
4) Get a handicap (hoping to be a 10 or better)

Big Goals and All Year to get there!!! Happy New Year to all fellow THPers!!!

Qualify for the city championship next year by placing in the top 30 this year.

Other than that just to be more consistent.

You can do it dude, we need to tee it up more

Drop my HC to the 20's. After my last outing, I see the light!

I just want to play more than I did in 2014 and have fun. That's the reason I play in the first place. Hopefully by playing more I can break 80 again (only have done it once).

I am going to play to have fun. I have personal goals on scores and swings etc. however my main resolution is to always have fun and not take things to seriously

Here are my resolutions for the upcoming year.

Approach resolutions:

1) Stop thinking about equipment so much, and start thinking more about the game. I'm not going to say I'm not going to swap out clubs here and there - trying new stuff is part of the fun of the game, but I'm committed to focus on improvement through doing work, and not through new equipment. I've been able to put together a bag I'm incredibly happy with through both what I've learned here and through some great opportunities such as forum testing and the Morgan Cup, and that's what I'm going to get to work with. The money is better spent on resolution #2.
2) Get out more with THPers. I'm moving this year, so my schedule is going to be nuts, but I want to make at least one or two events, and get together with the MA and NY folks a few times.

Improvement Resolutions
1) Get my driver under control - looking at my stats, my bad rounds were caused by not being able to get off the tee. Starting work on this tomorrow. I've got a driver that I'm comfortable with, and looking forward on ironing out technique
2) Continue work on my short game. I spent my lesson time at the end of the season on 50 yards and in, and I saw some improvements, and I want to keep that going. I think there's 2-3 strokes a round I can get back there.

Resolutions: anything that pertains to not 3 putting any holes the entire year.

Mine is to shoot par.. My best is 3 over.... Never give up!!

Play more. Lots more. 2014 was not a good golf year.

Play a lot more than I did this past year and enjoy my time out there. I got way too frustrated while playing this past year and it took away from it.

Play more, play more with THPers, lower my scores. Golf wise, that's pretty much what I want to accomplish.

Back