Got a bottle of Basil Hayden today from a co-worker. Haven't tried it yet.

If you like bourbon, you will enjoy Basil. It's very nice.

I wanted to get some of Shackleton's Whiskey but I saw a documentary on it and saw it wasn't an actual ingredient based recreation (which would take 25 years to age I guess) but a blend based on some guy's nose that's insured for a million dollars.

Kind of killed the mystique for me but then I know very little about whiskey so maybe I'm being too harsh.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/feature/shackleton/index.html

Almost all whiskey is a blend unless it says it's a single barrel. A blend is not a bad thing, but there is a mystique about a single barrel whiskey, if you want real mystique go for a single barrel barrel strength(you'll pay for it$$$)

Drinking some Cardhu. Its a Single malt 12 year. Good stuff.

Makers Mark neat

Evan Williams Single Barrel tonight. Its a good bourbon at a great price.

Got some Bulleit 10 yr as a Christmas gift that I'm excited to open up.

Got some Bulleit 10 yr as a Christmas gift that I'm excited to open up.

Got some in early December but sadly was not impressed. I'm more of a scotch drinker than bourbon to be fair. It's ok...but I normally only drink it after I've had 2-3 glasses of scotch first.

Been trying to find a bourbon that i like. Got a recommendation for Four Roses Single Barrel, but that will join the Bulleit as a "chaser". I did pick up a bottle of Angel's Envy on Monday and am so far pretty impressed with it (comparatively), so might have found the answer. The port finish takes some of the edge off and moves it closer to what I like. Had 3 glasses last night before finishing with some Four Roses.

Now if only I could find a bottle of Yamazaki 12 that wasn't $80...or a bottle of Macallan 18 at all!

A nice glass of much needed Four Roses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makers 46 is a good selection, but I am loving Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. It goes through a second aging process in heavily charred barrels and wow, it is great.

Got some in early December but sadly was not impressed. I'm more of a scotch drinker than bourbon to be fair. It's ok...but I normally only drink it after I've had 2-3 glasses of scotch first.

Been trying to find a bourbon that i like. Got a recommendation for Four Roses Single Barrel, but that will join the Bulleit as a "chaser". I did pick up a bottle of Angel's Envy on Monday and am so far pretty impressed with it (comparatively), so might have found the answer. The port finish takes some of the edge off and moves it closer to what I like. Had 3 glasses last night before finishing with some Four Roses.

Now if only I could find a bottle of Yamazaki 12 that wasn't $80...or a bottle of Macallan 18 at all!

In your search for a bourbon you like, try Basil Hayden. Just a little different that Angel's Envy, which is excellent. I like Basil a little more.

Taking a little break from bourbon tonight though and having a little Crown. Wish I had some Macallan 18 however. Cheers.

In your search for a bourbon you like, try Basil Hayden. Just a little different that Angel's Envy, which is excellent. I like Basil a little more.

I'll put it on the shopping list, thanks!

Drinking some Cardhu. Its a Single malt 12 year. Good stuff.

I got Cardhu 12 awhile back on a recommendation as a "change of pace". Initially didn't really like it, but did after a pour months after opening...but then back to dislike later. Find it's heavily dependent on what I ate, which I don't run into with other whiskys. I've heard the 18 is really good but it's not available in the US currently.

40Creek175L_zps806877dc.jpg

My buddy bought this for me on my birthday. It came with 4 nice glasses. When I'm off my 21-day self-imposed moratorium on alcohol, I think I'll give it a whirl. I've been doing a little research on the ice spheres - how to make them clear - I think I'll head to eBay for some molds to give them a try!

Having a shot or two of Elijah Craig tonight. :drinks:

Tried Jim Bean Single Barrel last night. Nice drinking bourbon but overpriced. Nice nose, drinks easy, sweet on the back and short on the finish.

Tried Jim Bean Single Barrel last night. Nice drinking bourbon but overpriced. Nice nose, drinks easy, sweet on the back and short on the finish.
It's 730 am and I want to go have a drink after your description.

Ugh. Jack keeps telling me that hes my friend…
He lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. Jack keeps telling me that hes my friend…
He lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it but people don't like me when I drink it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just received a bottle of Prichard's double-barreled. Might be one of my favorites to date. Smooth, and strong flavor.

Having a sip or two of Elijah Craig . Really good smooth bourbon and I like it neat.

Decisions decisions decisions.............

Aberlour A'Bunadh or Macallan 18, 15, 12 or Glenmorangie Companta.............................

:drinks:

Sipping on Rittenhouse Rye tonight. It's my favorite rye by far.

I usually keep a bottle of Elijah Craig in my cabinet. I also have a bottle of Green Spot Irish whiskey that I got off of Caskers from a coworkers recommendation. That stuff is good. If you like Irish whiskey, you should definitely try it.

Back