Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

I gamed the 588 MT's last year and really enjoyed them. A little on the chunkier side for my preference, though, which is why I ultimately got rid of them. Should have gone to the TT's. Regardless, they were long and were fun to play with.

Well, I shouldn't have hit the Z545's today at the golf shop because I just couldn't stop thinking about them after I got back to the office. Found a great deal on a new 3-PW set on eBay and pulled the trigger. Got them with the Nippon Pro 850 GH stiff shafts. Pretty excited to try that shaft combo.

Gonna be fun putting these up against the Apex and RSi2's!!

I have been eyeing some deals on eBay too. Going to pull the trigger soon and just not sure if I should go R or S flex.

Some great looking setups around these irons on here !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to decide between the 545s and the 745s. I like the forgiveness of the 545s but it seems like the feel of the 745s would be much softer since they are a fully forged head. To those who have hit both, does the fact that the 545 has a steel face designed for distance take away from the feel compared to the 745? Any thoughts on the difference between these two irons would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am trying to decide between the 545s and the 745s. I like the forgiveness of the 545s but it seems like the feel of the 745s would be much softer since they are a fully forged head. To those who have hit both, does the fact that the 545 has a steel face designed for distance take away from the feel compared to the 745? Any thoughts on the difference between these two irons would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've hit them both, and well, I couldn't feel any difference. Both felt fantastic. I would argue that 545s felt better on mishits

Mine should be in hand Wednesday unfortunately probably won't be able go,to much with them for awhile, but I did vFlashv's a couple times this weekend and the forgiveness is pretty good, hit a 9i out near the toe and it stayed online and lost only a couple yards of distance from what I would normally hit.

watched vFlashv hit some shorts that were not center contact and get great results out if the shot

Feel is great on both. My only issue with the 545's was gaps and lofts. Other than that they are astounding. For me the lofts and gaps in the 745's are better. I'd honestly say feel was nearly identical

I can't wait for my new set to come in! Will definitely add some astounding looks to the ole golf bag. The all red UTx's are just icing on the cake.

I can't wait for my new set to come in! Will definitely add some astounding looks to the ole golf bag. The all red UTx's are just icing on the cake.

They are - I don't usually like stock grips- but these are nice to look at. I didn't go with them but I could have.

They are - I don't usually like stock grips- but these are nice to look at. I didn't go with them but I could have.

I love UTx's. Probably my favorite grip out there right now. Before I decided to pull the trigger on the clubs, I was wondering how to get my hands on a set of the grips anyway haha

Anybody playing the Z545 with Nippon shafts? Looking to dump my brand new Mizuno 850 Forged with C Taper lite Regular flex and pick up a set of these instead...
Just cant decide between Nippons or KBS...
In Canada we have nobody stocking these so I cant even demo them at all !!!

Anybody playing the Z545 with Nippon shafts? Looking to dump my brand new Mizuno 850 Forged with C Taper lite Regular flex and pick up a set of these instead...
Just cant decide between Nippons or KBS...
In Canada we have nobody stocking these so I cant even demo them at all !!!

Yes I have them with the 950's in them, Ive hit them and the KBS Tours and didnt really notice much of a difference at all

Yes I have them with the 950's in them, Ive hit them and the KBS Tours and didnt really notice much of a difference at all

I adore your setup.

And he's going to change it...maybe....eventually...probably not ever.

please, we saw how long it took him to re-grip his apex irons
Spoiler
it never happened

And he's going to change it...maybe....eventually...probably not ever.
I have both sets in a pile ready to go now

#heyitsprogress

I just sent an email to Atomic Golf asking what the total price would be (equipment & shipping) for seven Srixon z545 irons. (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, AW)

I asked them to give me a quote for the following 3 shafts:
1. Miyazaki Kosuma Blue
2. Dynamic Gold S200
3. Nippon NS PRO 980GH D.S.T.

I'll share the results when I hear back from them.

Reshafted my brand new 5-pw with Recoil 95 F3 and played it for the first time this weekend. The head feels great! The Recoils I think will take some getting used to.

I am in the middle of club withdrawal, mine might be here this week. Played a practice round at Mission Inn with AP 1 rentals and borrowed some Cobras for yesterday but man you don't realize how spoiled you get with your own sticks. Getting the knee drained tomorrow so maybe I can get back to a somewhat normal lousy swing.

I hit the 545s with Nippons down in Myrtle Beach - I forget whether they were coers's or 441's. That's a seriously nice combination. Playing them w/ the KBS Tours (110g) and like them as well, but the Nippons are just so smooth. I prefer a little more weight, and would have absolutely gone with the 1050s were those an option.

The shaft that I want is not offered as an option through Srixon in the U.S. so I am thinking about going the JDM route. I have seen Rakuten mentioned a few times in this thread (specifically Greenfil and Atomic Golf). Their prices are great, but I am hesitant about buying something through that site.

For those of you who have purchased through Rakuten, were you satisfied and would you do it again? Were you able to request custom options (shaft, lie, loft, length, grip) and if so, any issues with the company understanding exactly what you wanted? How long did it take for shipping and were you charged any additional customs or import fees? Were you comfortable using PayPal or another option and trust that you could get your money back if there was an issue? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

GreenFiL was who I used for my AW and they were great with price and communication. They put the shaft I wanted and I regripped it myself when it arrived.

Very comfortable with PayPal. Once they got the club in Stock it shipped and it took less than 4 days to reach me.

No additional fees. What they quoted me was what I paid. No surprises

jlukes,

Thanks for the quick reply. I noticed that you along with a lot of other single digit handicappers on this site have opted for the 545s. Did you consider the 745s? Was it strictly the extra forgiveness that made your decision? I am low to mid teens and I was thinking about getting the 745s, but after seeing all of the single digits with 545s I may change my mind.

Say me getting fitted before hand on the trackman really help me go with the Nippons on the 545's. Say I was surprised I was fitted to them, but the trackman and the result's were not lying that day. Plus Dev seen how they worked the last day of #THPMC lol JJ man. GO #TEAMDEV!!!

I hit the 545s with Nippons down in Myrtle Beach - I forget whether they were coers's or 441's. That's a seriously nice combination. Playing them w/ the KBS Tours (110g) and like them as well, but the Nippons are just so smooth. I prefer a little more weight, and would have absolutely gone with the 1050s were those an option.

So for those that have them, how are these holding up? Is the iron chatter bad?

Got a reply back from Atomic Golf (Japanese dealer from Rakuten).

Not sure if I can post pricing in here, but I can say it was considerably less than prices I've seen in the US. And I can get the AW that I want. If any one wants the pricing, shoot me a PM.

Now I just need to pick out the shafts I want & wait for my current set to sell on ebay.

Back