Forgiving Golf Balls?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV talks with Bridgestone Golf about whether a golf ball can be forgiving. One thing that they discuss is face tape and THP will share that we will have face tape on the THP Tour Van at all the events the van is at for those that want to try it out and see where they are hitting it.

Dean did a great job here, and Corey was on point as always.

Glad I could hear the content out of this one. I love what Bridgestone is doing with their ball fittings/designs and they certainly benefit the masses.

The genius marketing of the face tape being put into the next Golf Digest is great. Anyone can pull that tape off and hit the range to see where they are hitting it. Or take it to the course and hit the ESeries line to see which ball is best for them.

I'm looking forward to it.

I remember one of the most interesting I read on here was that we invest hundreds of dollars in clubs when one of the most important things we use to affect distance, control, and feel...we'll use after fishing it out of the weeds.

Very informative video, and I'm inclined to agree that the Bridgestone golf balls really are engineered to match not just swing speed but other swing characteristics. I've reach the point of borderline co-dependence with the B330-RX.

Yeah, Bridgestone knows what they're doing when making balls. Love the addition of face tape to thp events.

Love to see them thinking about this and taking an active approach to educate consumers. Doesn't get better than that!

It makes perfect since to me and I know that I need that softer ball in whatever brand that I'm playing. My on-line fitting keeps suggesting the E6 and so far it has done better for me than other Bridgestone balls.

Couldn't have said it better myself......says the guy playing ProV1s.

Maybe I should re-evaluate this Spring.

~Rock

Makes a ton of sense. Great video.

great information and good video. the RX is the ball i was fit into when i did a ball fitting a couple years ago. I played this for 15 holes on Saturday and what Corey says is true.

Great interview Dean. The idea that Bridgestone has is one that I agree with wholeheartedly and I use face tape during the winter months and on the range sometimes to gauge contact on the face of all my clubs, not just the driver. Knowledge is power and Bridgestone has the power to educate the consumer to make smarter decisions.

Couldn't have said it better myself......says the guy playing ProV1s.

Maybe I should re-evaluate this Spring.

~Rock

Something tells me come THPLegacy, you may want to rethink this.

Yea, I can believe that. I've got about 3 or 4 new (or newer) balls to try out this Spring, including a couple of Wilson balls.

Funny thing is, I keep a sleeve of 330-RXS in my bag for softer conditions because it launches higher and so I get more carry. I honestly have no idea why I don't just play that all the time.

~Rock

After this weekend I'm going to believe anything Bridgestone says about golf balls. The e6, and e7 are exactly as advertised. I also noticed that I got a lot more out of those balls on my misses than I did with my Chrome Soft or TMaG TPX.

I can't wait to see the tape in person!

Bridgestone does the best job of communicating to the customer about balls. Really enjoyed this thanks.

Interesting bit of info in that video. I haven't had much success with bridgestone golf balls in the past, maybe I'm hitting the wrong one. hmmm

Great job Dean! After being lucky enough to dine with Ken, Mike and Corey Friday night I firmly believe what he is saying. Corey laid so much knowledge on us it was mindboggling, great guy and fully sold out on Bridgestone, its products and its market strategies. Lots of insider stories too. He knows what he is talking about for sure.

Very interesting Dean. Good stuff from Corey.

SaA

Thanks for the video and the new perspective. Never heard an explanation like that. Makes complete sends though.

Looking forward to getting my test e6's out on the course.

Great info love Bstone balls

I've been playing Pro Vs for a long time but after trying the RXS I think I have a new ball. Corey is fabulous marketer!

Ive tried the B330-S(Blue box) and lost distance and didn't like it that much, I have now picked up a sleeve of B330-RX(Red box) to try out. I do like the e5 so hopefully they will hold the greens a bit better and they will be winners. Heading out today so ill give them a try.

Great vid, and great info. I know that when I switched to the e6 this past summer after doing the online fitting, I saw immediate dividends. It honestly was one of those things where you think "yeah right I won't see an instant change in ballflight". Well, I did, and I know for a fact I am definitely not hitting the center of the face, especially with the driver.

Great vid! Bridgestone has pioneered the ball fitting system and i have been enjoying playing their golf balls for the past two years and I feel many more on the horizon.

Back