Taylormade Burner 2.0 vs Ping G20 irons vs Nike Machspeed

chrismikayla

Reaction score
Handicap
Good afternoon. I am new to this board and had a question regarding the above sets. Which of you have played any of these sets as I am considering these now since I am only going to be playing once a week. All are used and the 2.0's are 159, the g20's are 199, and the machspeed's are 119. Thanks in advance!!

welcome to the site. Of those 3? I'd say go with the Burner 2.0's. They will give you some really good distance and forgiveness. Plus the finish on them was really well done.

I think it's going to come down to a personal preference thing. They are all basically the same thing - distance oriented game improvement irons.

Yea, I've hit all of them. G20's don't appeal much to me visually. Machspeeds and Burners were both better there I guess. If I had to pick among the three I'd pick the 2.0's, but that's just me.

Loved the 2.0s! G20s soles are huge but could help if you need help getting up in the air. Can't speak for the machspeeds but I have a buddy that games them and I haven't heard any complaints from him.

Maybe look at Adams Super S or a Cobra Amp Cell. You can probably get a new set off the bay for less than $200. Both Forgiving and look nice.

I'm a big fan of the Machspeeds. But you can't go wrong with any of those irons, to be honest.

Of the three, Burner 2.0's for sure. Seems the popular response as well, those sticks were well liked around these parts.

I like my 2.0's they have served me well.

I do not think you can go wrong with any of the three sets.

Both are great sets and do exactly what they are catered towards doing.

If I had to pick... I would go 2.0.

All 3 are solid. My personal preference for irons has always been Ping. I've gone through many sets in my 50+ years of playing, and I've found that Ping irons fit my game the best. And I think all of the Ping irons from the Eye2's to the present G30's are great looking irons. It all comes down to personal choice of course. If everything is equal, which club looks best when you look down at address?

I'm biased so the Pings for me but I've heard good things about all 3 to be honest. I know the 2.0 line was a huge upgrade from the burner plus from the reviews I've read.

Thanks everyone! I was all set to buy the nike's unti I hit the Razr x lol now it's between these two.

Thanks everyone! I was all set to buy the nike's unti I hit the Razr x lol now it's between these two.
I liked the RAZR X irons quite a bit. Gamed them for a season. Eventually reshafted and gave them to my dad. Are you seeing performance differences?

I like my 2.0s. They provide long distance and great flight for me. When you hit one on the sweet spot it feels like a marshmallow almost.

Tap tap taparoo

I owned 2.0's, and demo'd Machspeeds. No experience with the G20 unfortunately.

Loved my Burner 2.0's, even now I kind of wish I had held on to them. Did not care for the Machspeed at all unfortunately.

Get out there, demo them if you can, and pick the one that appeals to you the most!

reads like your are doing your due diligence with your selection. the under 200 buck category has some nice choices on ebay. i see the clubs you mentioned, adams xtd and cb3, a few ap1 712, cobra amp cell and bafflers....good luck

LOL I see why everyone says don't rule any clubs out. I was at SA yesterday and saw a new set of Adams irons for $129!! They were tight lies 1308 4-GW. I remember reading great review about the tight lies 1308 so I asked for the 8 iron to demo. I was blown away by the feel and forgiveness so I figure at that price I'll take a chance and buy them. I took them to a local 9 hole course and was BLOWN away. I could not believe the blend of forgiveness, feel, and good looks. They are SGI clubs but look like players clubs with the thin topline. I STILL can't believe how good these irons are compared to the more expensive brands at a third of the cost. I now am deciding between the Adams Speedline Tech and the Speedline Super LS driver since both are new there for $99. I currently play the Speedline Fast 10 driver. I tried to post pictures but an having trouble doing it on this site.

Last edited:
LOL I see why everyone says don't rule any clubs out. I was at SA yesterday and saw a new set of Adams irons for $129!! They were tight lies 1308 4-GW. I remember reading great review about the tight lies 1308 so I asked for the 8 iron to demo. I was blown away by the feel and forgiveness so I figure at that price I'll take a chance and buy them. I took them to a local 9 hole course and was BLOWN away. I could not believe the blend of forgiveness, feel, and good looks. They are SGI clubs but look like players clubs with the thin topline. I STILL can't believe how good these irons are compared to the more expensive brands at a third of the cost. I now am deciding between the Adams Speedline Tech and the Speedline Super LS driver since both are new there for $99. I currently play the Speedline Fast 10 driver. I tried to post pictures but an having trouble doing it on this site.
Wow nice find. Never heard of them personally but they sound like the XTD3 irons I recently got. Cheap doesn't always mean low quality.

Wow nice find. Never heard of them personally but they sound like the XTD3 irons I recently got. Cheap doesn't always mean low quality.
Thanks. And you're correct I looked up images of the xtd3 irons and they look similar.

Back