Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy to think about that isn't it? THP events have been on some ridiculous courses.

Even more crazy that the bar is raised a notch with the 2015 venues.

3 months ago the doctors told us my grandfather was dying, and we just had to try to make his short time left as comfortable as possible. He was bleeding internally and doctors didn't know where exactly, and had no way to stop it. His heart was failing, his lungs were failing, and doctors had no idea how to get him going in the right direction. I will never forget having to walk out of his hospital room headed for the airport, believing I would never see him again. Two months ago he was brought down to live with my parents on a stretcher, he was completely bedridden, couldn't move his legs at all, couldn't sit up, couldn't support himself in anyway. He is now able to sit up, move himself around, transfer himself from bed to motor scooter to a chair and vice versa. He can walk short distances with the help of a walker, and is doing better everyday. I have no idea how much better he will get, or how much longer we will have him around. But I, as well as my family, have been so blessed to have him around for this time, and to see how happy it makes him to make strides towards recovery is truly amazing.

Doctors have told my grandmother he was not going to make it 3 times now over a stretch of 50 years, they should have learned by now not to count John Burris out, the man is a fighter if their has ever been one.

I thank everyone here for all the thoughts and prayers he received when he was in dire need. You have no idea how much it means.

It's sad to see reward structures become so diluted...hardly any value left in them.

Hilton and Marriott especially. There is still quite a bit of value in the Hyatt and Starwood programs, but we kind of abandoned the Hilton Honors one. I keep the credit card, because we get auto gold status with it and a free night certificate each year for the 95 dollar fee, and I use it at Waldorfs which are normally around 80,000 points per night so its worth the card, but the system is kind of a joke at this point.

If you dont have the credit card to match it, earning points is nearly impossible. If you do, you can earn points in bunches, but using 30k of them at a Hampton Inn for a single night is crazy. Not when I can stay in an Aloft for 3k or Hyatt Place for 5k and earn them half as fast as Hilton.

Passed my PMP (Project Management) exam yesterday. I now have the PMP certificate and can resume my normal life - without having to study hours a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love contest result days, love reading the reaction of people getting selected in big events.

Came in today and found out I got moved up into the big office! Well...not the biggest office, that would be the owner. But before I had an average size office in the middle of the building with no windows. Now I've got the second largest office and its right along the outside with big windows. Already makes me feel more cheery lol.

Came in today and found out I got moved up into the big office! Well...not the biggest office, that would be the owner. But before I had an average size office in the middle of the building with no windows. Now I've got the second largest office and its right along the outside with big windows. Already makes me feel more cheery lol.

did you get a promotion to go with that?

having a window in you office is nice, congrats

did you get a promotion to go with that?

having a window in you office is nice, congrats
Unfortunately no, job title is still the same. However, my boss told me recently he is going to be increasing my bonuses. He just hasn't sat down and figured out how he is going to do it: either by just paying me a higher % or by adding in more bonuses for hitting certain targets.

My perfect putter grip, triangulator and orange ball showed up from Seemore.

Scheduled my Lasik for mid-March surgery! I will be able to see again in a little over a month without contacts/glasses! Tired of waking up and not being able to see.

Scheduled my Lasik for mid-March surgery! I will be able to see again in a little over a month without contacts/glasses! Tired of waking up and not being able to see.

I need to do this soon. This contact business is wearing on me.

I need to do this soon. This contact business is wearing on me.

I am crazy excited for it... Should be ready to go just in time for the Cup.

I enjoyed that moment of clarity (see what I did there?) so much I can still remember it with vivid detail after 11 years.

Has anyone given you the no crap skinny on what's going to happen?

I enjoyed that moment of clarity (see what I did there?) so much I can still remember it with vivid detail after 11 years.

Has anyone given you the no crap skinny on what's going to happen?
For the most part, yeah. Heard it was worth it 100%. Hate wearing glasses for 2+ weeks pre-op, but I'll get over it.

I had lasic 6 years ago and I don't regret it one bit, even if I need glasses again

Best thing I ever did. 10+ years later I wear glasses again, but they are not the coke bottles I wore forever. My eyes aren't super bad, and I can legally drive without them. But

Best thing I ever did. 10+ years later I wear glasses again, but they are not the coke bottles I wore forever. My eyes aren't super bad, and I can legally drive without them. But

Same here and I'm waiting for my cataract to get a larger so I can have the lens implant. The old guys say this surgery rocks :cool:

Golfing tomorrow, taking half a day off. Needed after a stretch of 1 day off in the last 15 days.

Golfing tomorrow, taking half a day off. Needed after a stretch of 1 day off in the last 15 days.

Hardest working man at Universal.

Same here and I'm waiting for my cataract to get a larger so I can have the lens implant. The old guys say this surgery rocks :cool:

My mom had cataract surgery in both eyes in her 60s, after she retired, and didn't need glasses afterwards. She had worn them since she was a child, so it was pretty cool for her.

Just had my LASIK done 3 weeks ago. One of the best investments I've ever made, should have done it sooner. You'll love it!

Zantac, for babies.

Doc thinks this is the way to go and most of her issues are reflux related. Its not a guarantee, but its a hope.

Got my tax refund today, paid off a big chunk of credit card debt which felt great. Saving another chunk of it for my golf vacation down in Charleston next month. Kiawah Island, here I come!

Got my tax refund today, paid off a big chunk of credit card debt which felt great. Saving another chunk of it for my golf vacation down in Charleston next month. Kiawah Island, here I come!

Nice...we filed ours a couple of nights ago. I see an BB Alpha 815 driver in my future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back