New England Members

I've got two hours booked at The Sandtrap tomorrow and of course it's right when the snow is supposed to start coming down good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in Aruba in two weeks; plan on playing the Divi and Tierra De Sol hopefully. Much needed therapy, even if it is going to be hotter than the surface of the sun :cool:

I don't bring my entire bag unless I'm going to play a simulated round. Since I've been working on swing changes this winter, I've just been bringing a PW and 7 iron. I think the sims are fairly accurate with the irons. I haven't hit a driver or fairway wood there this winter so I can't tell you how good it is for those.

If you are in Southie, then the location in the Financial District is likely closer to you and would be the better choice.
Went to city golf on milk Street last night. Man that place was a dump lol. One simulator half put together which wasn't working. Ceiling hanging off. The simulator I was in was extremely inaccurate. Getting some crazy numbers, like 250 5 irons and 300+ drives. I've Never hit one over 300. The plus side..... I got to swing the sticks and the pro there was awesome. Wicked personable and friendly. Put some music on while I played and gave me free tips here and there. The numbers aren't good but I'll take it with the snow we have!

I'll be in Aruba in two weeks; plan on playing the Divi and Tierra De Sol hopefully. Much needed therapy, even if it is going to be hotter than the surface of the sun :cool:
Wind in those courses is ridiculous!

I loved the Divi! Let us know how you fair on the island green on #9. Enjoy!

Is anybody going to the golf Expo in Boston this weekend?

Was thinking about it, my father and I usually go. I should see if the courses I'm interested in that gave away 2-for-1s last year will be there. Might be worth it then.

I'll probably go on saturday

Looks like Shaker Hills will be there... if they offered 2-1 it would make it worth it.

Looks like Shaker Hills will be there... if they offered 2-1 it would make it worth it.

Most of the courses that were offering greens fees were the out of state ones - we played Stowe twice last year on the 2-for-1s we got. A couple courses up in Maine too.

Most of the courses that were offering greens fees were the out of state ones - we played Stowe twice last year on the 2-for-1s we got. A couple courses up in Maine too.

Gotcha, weekend is pretty filled up, so I don't think it's going to happen.

I wouldn't mind hitting the demo section though and seeing what kind of free stuff I could get :D

I'm going. Maybe one of the few spots you can hit new wilsons, bridgestones, srixons...maybe.

lakeville. .

lakeville. .

any experience with the "new" lakeville country club? "new" as in this past season as the new owners have had a chance to get the club more to their standards. they have an interesting membership program that i have on my list of considerations.

I got an email from them earlier today that they will be offering a deal: twosome for $99. Not exactly 2-for-1, but I'd still consider buying it if I go (doubtful that I actually make it there though).

Has anyone been over to Fore Golf Entertainment in Westboro and used the simulators? I was thinking about trying to get up there some weekend.

I got an email from them earlier today that they will be offering a deal: twosome for $99. Not exactly 2-for-1, but I'd still consider buying it if I go (doubtful that I actually make it there though).

Thanks.

Has anyone been over to Fore Golf Entertainment in Westboro and used the simulators? I was thinking about trying to get up there some weekend.

Played there last year. The simulator was comparable to Golfsmith and OptiGolf in Middleton. Different simulator that Rod's Golf in Acton and putting here was okay, you putt to a hole not just the screen.

Interestingly, the husband of a nurse that I work with owns that place, but I've never been out there because it's a pretty good drive for me to get there. However, I've had coworkers go out there and have had a good time.

Thanks.

Played there last year. The simulator was comparable to Golfsmith and OptiGolf in Middleton. Different simulator that Rod's Golf in Acton and putting here was okay, you putt to a hole not just the screen.

Thanks for the info! I was curious how putting worked.

I think I'm headed to the Boston Golf Expo tomorrow. I have the day off, and I doubt I can get there over the weekend. Found a code for $2 off the ticket price if you purchase online: NEGM2015

I'd go there again with you dude!

I'd go there again with you dude!

Haha, I hadn't told you yet, but I was going to buy it tomorrow and set up a time for us to play this summer out there. It works perfectly for us in terms of driving distance for both of us.

Haha, I hadn't told you yet, but I was going to buy it tomorrow and set up a time for us to play this summer out there. It works perfectly for us in terms of driving distance for both of us.

You sir are the best!!

On that note, I have two players pass cards all paid for for 7 courses or so. So whenever we want to try out a new course we can.

Massachusetts Members

Massachusetts Members

I think I'm headed to the Boston Golf Expo tomorrow. I have the day off, and I doubt I can get there over the weekend. Found a code for $2 off the ticket price if you purchase online: NEGM2015

Thanks for the heads up on the code. I'll be there Sunday. Probably will pick up the Shaker Hills deal - I'm practically down the street from them now.

any experience with the "new" lakeville country club? "new" as in this past season as the new owners have had a chance to get the club more to their standards. they have an interesting membership program that i have on my list of considerations.

I played there this summer in August. I wasn't impressed, lots of ground under repair, sinkholes, carts that were not in good shape, "temporary" tee boxes that a regular told me were in year 2 of use... for the price we paid I didn't think it was all that great of a value.

Back